That McKenzie Sweep on 4th and 1

jimmy10

There were a lot of great plays today, but the surprise, and the timing, and the effectiveness of that ridiculous gain McKenzie got on that 4th and 1 sweep was just stupendous. Not gonna lie, that made me jump out of my chair more than any other offensive play today. 

• Like (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was so fast I actually missed that it was handed off. Very good execution.

I have to say, I've always been a McKenzie fan. He brings a LOT of excitement when he touches the ball.

• Like (+1) 15

7 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

There were a lot of great plays today, but the surprise, and the timing, and the effectiveness of that ridiculous gain McKenzie got on that 4th and 1 sweep was just stupendous. Not gonna lie, that made me jump out of my chair more than any other offensive play today. 

That might be the fastest I have ever seen a guy coming across in motion.

The execution and that timing on the snap and handoff were stunning.

• Like (+1) 17

That play was executed perfectly.  The timing was spot on and McKenzie was already flying when Allen put the ball in his bread basket.  I don't think that play can be defended when it is executed like that.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think Knox had a great block to seal that corner

Rewatched it - there was no block the corner just lost outside contain and by the time he saw McKenzie he was a step behind. 

0AC750CC-9C98-4A12-BBE6-10BEC9891197.jpeg

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

It was so fast I actually missed that it was handed off. Very good execution.

I have to say, I've always been a McKenzie fan. He brings a LOT of excitement when he touches the ball.

Same here.  With the camera view, it’s hard to see that McKenzie was even back there and the eyes follow Josh going back.  Then you see McKenzie flying around the corner and he has the ball.

Edited by ColeB

23 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Rewatched it - there was no block the corner just lost outside contain and by the time he saw McKenzie he was a step behind. 

0AC750CC-9C98-4A12-BBE6-10BEC9891197.jpeg

Great still! Allen & the RB sell it with their body language and the LB runs with them. My favorite is the 2nd DL from the bottom popping into the hole created and thinking ‘I got this!’, then glancing to the left and seeing McKensie flying by . “Oh FART!!”

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, UConn James said:

Josh’s mesh point / handoff is usually pretty slow and fairly obvious. This one was a thing of beauty worthy of a magician. Fooled darn near everyone including the CBS camera. 

His handoffs are only slow when it's play action to bait the LBers. This wasn't a play action so he just handed it off.

McKenzie is a quiet achiever on this team...

Never going to be a star and will be one of those guys that go down to the wire on final cut day against the latest flavor of the month from training camp... but he always seems to provide a solid play the 1-2 times a game his number is called...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1