This Defense needs a proper 1 Technique Guy

We had Liguet and Star last year. Big ugly's at the 1.

Oliver, Phillips, Jefferson are good options at 3 technique.

I think people dismiss Liuget's contributions last year. He provided a rotation to keep Star fresh, and the run D was better after he was signed.

This year we are light at DT this year. We need a few 'big uglies' added to DT. Liguet and or 'Snacks' anyone?

The last I knew Liuget is on the Texans PC. Snacks is unsigned.

• Like (+1) 1

I would try and roll with Oliver with Jefferson as much as possible over Butler and Phillips. Switch Klein's snaps with Dodson's. Bring up Dane Jackson to fill in for the loss of Levi Wallace. And just keep grinding this week. Though I'm not opposed to bringing in a Snacks Harrison - it's a lot to ask of someone to come in cold, learn the defense, and produce 5 games into the season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I would try and roll with Oliver with Jefferson as much as possible over Butler and Phillips. Switch Klein's snaps with Dodson's. Bring up Dane Jackson to fill in for the loss of Levi Wallace. And just keep grinding this week. Though I'm not opposed to bringing in a Snacks Harrison - it's a lot to ask of someone to come in cold, learn the defense, and produce 5 games into the season.

Wouldn't Cam Lewis come ahead of Jackson as it was last week?

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think people dismiss Liuget's contributions last year. He provided a rotation to keep Star fresh, and the run D was better after he was signed.

This year we are light at DT this year. We need a few 'big uglies' added to DT. Liguet and or 'Snacks' anyone?

With Snacks there must be some reason why he is unsigned.  

I saw that Vincent Taylor was playing with the Browns.  Taylor would seriously have been a good candidate for 1 technique.

I do wonder if the team makes a move at the trade deadline 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I believe I read once practiced squaded, called up, released, and brought back to the practice squad - he forefeits his eligibility for a second game called up.

The rule reads that a PS player can be elevated to the active roster 2X without having to expose him to waivers.  But, the Bills promoted him to the 53 and then did waive him so maybe he is reset back to the promoted 2X rule?

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

33 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

The rule reads that a PS player can be elevated to the active roster 2X without having to expose him to waivers.  But, the Bills promoted him to the 53 and then did waive him so maybe he is reset back to the promoted 2X rule?

Nope, found the tweet I was referring to. Cam Lewis is ineligible to be promoted, unless straight to the 53.

... which, in retrospect, may be the case as Levi moving to IR for at least 3 weeks is very likely.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thought Harrison Phillips had his best game of the season today.  He is undersized for the position but has traditionally been a 1 tech here.   Bottom line is Star meant a lot to this team.  Now we know.  

I also thought it was Phillips's best game and he needed it. I also thought Ed Oliver played the run really nicely yesterday.

I honestly think yesterday linebacker was the biggest issue with the D. Carr did a lot of hard play action causing Edmunds to bite and it hurt us. Oh and AJ Klein is less mobile than my grandad and he has been dead 2 years  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'll take Snacks

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I also thought it was Phillips's best game and he needed it. I also thought Ed Oliver played the run really nicely yesterday.

I honestly think yesterday linebacker was the biggest issue with the D. Carr did a lot of hard play action causing Edmunds to bite and it hurt us. Oh and AJ Klein is less mobile than my grandad and he has been dead 2 years  

and they had two of the best TEs in the league in  Waller and Witten

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I thought the run defense was fine. Jacobs is a super talented back and we somewhat contained him.

It was fine.  That said, it’s easy to key the run when the opposition has Zay Jones on the field

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It was fine.  That said, it’s easy to key the run when the opposition has Zay Jones on the field

It was like they schemed to get it to Zay a lot in their script - like Gruden trying to help him make a point.... but he was pretty much a non factor after the scripted plays.

I get it, but this is not the week for this.  The run defense was fine today - held Jacobs to very pedestrian numbers.

They seem to be more interested in allowing the defense to work it out.

we have one.  he opted out.  not sure you're gettin a guy now.  rosters large and protected now. 

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Luiget came in cold and was solid last year. Jordan Phillips came in from Miami and played well pretty quick. 

What does he have to really learn? Plug these two gaps. I don’t think it takes a long time to learn how to do that especially when he’s been doing it his whole career.