Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, scribo said:

They don't test on game day. Last night's was the last. They had originally planned to test on game days, but the probability for a false positive benching healthy players is too high.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong gouge for a "team with an outbreak" (ie the Titans). 

Looking for source where I saw it said the Titans would in fact be tested this am.

Found this explanation on ESPN but it doesn't explicitly state when the testing starts, mentions "week 7" for "compliance checks". 

Edit: I see @wjag source says starting for Week 6, but  If the NFL has ID'd game day testing as a gap they will fill next week, it would be silly to wait to test a team coming off a known outbreak today.  They can swab the Titans this am and they should be able to get the results back before 7 pm.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Per Titans Message Board.

Henry.jpg

Fixed it for you @Hapless Bills Fan

Haha    Well, it could happen, but it won't be because the Bills are wearing moon suits.  Funny work though.

I'm sure the Bills coaches are reminding them that they already came through a game against a DT for the Raiders who was very likely positive, and to date none of them have been infected.

32 minutes ago, wjag said:

Starting in week six they will... 7 days a week coming to a stadium near you.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-announces-players-other-tier-1-tier-2-individuals-will-undergo-pcr-testing-o

Ahhh Ok it starts week 6.  I didnt see that part in the new memo.  My Confusion, then I guess they are good to go for tonight

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh Ok it starts week 6.  I didnt see that part in the new memo.  My Confusion, then I guess they are good to go for tonight

I'm pretty sure as an "outbreak team" the Titans got tested this am.

OK I found this tweet from Schefter earlier on:

Key point of special requirements for "club with an active outbreak" which I assume would still include the Titans:

image.thumb.png.eb806ec8dc9431772fdb243e4ed8dda4.png

"All players and Tier 1 and 2 individuals...includes PCR and POC tests on game day"

So I believe the Titans get POC and PCR tests today.  At least, in a sane universe, one would think "team with an active outbreak" would apply to a team that just had the league rescheduled on their behalf.  The NFL would look awful dumb if they don't enforce this and someone on the Titans tests positive tomorrow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:25 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Actually wouldn't surprise me if a big reason they didn't add extra league wide byes was because of major push back from the networks if not needed.  Likely the compromise they made with the networks is if needed, they will add an extra week towards season end.  A fall back too is to cancel games between teams not going to make the playoffs, then shift things around so maybe there is a week where Jax is playing Houston, that game gets canceled and games moved so we now play Tenn that week. Jax Houston can be played the first weekend of the playoffs so all the players still get paid. By week 14 or so will know of some teams that aren't in the playoffs.

This actually makes sense with games played on Friday or Monday.  Of course teams will treat game like preseason week 4 games putting lots of players on IR whose contracts are not expiring and getting chance to see practice squad players play.   Now if we get two teams "competing" for #1 draft pick (not necessarily against each other) it will be interesting if played at same time.

6 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Do we know which players on the Titans will remain out due to COVID?  Sorry if already posted but have not seen anything.

Won’t find out til later today. WR Davis and FB Blasingame should be out for sure and probably Simmons.

Edited by Motor26

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

Won’t find out til later today. WR Davis and FB Blasingame should be out for sure and probably Simmons.

All reports I've seen say Simmons won't be playing tonight. Their run defense is not good, and it could be terrible without him. Also, he tweeted this a couple hours ago today, indicting he will be watching not playing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

This actually makes sense with games played on Friday or Monday.  Of course teams will treat game like preseason week 4 games putting lots of players on IR whose contracts are not expiring and getting chance to see practice squad players play.   Now if we get two teams "competing" for #1 draft pick (not necessarily against each other) it will be interesting if played at same time.

12 men on the field is a penalty, is there a penalty for only 9 or 8??

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was kidding!

Meant it as a way to guarantee losing!

Since bonuses are determined by stats I am fairly sure NFLPA would sue NFL/team.

Of course NFLPA would sue for a multitude of reasons including not being able to get NFL to agree in agreement they signed on.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Figster said:

A good friend of mines birthday is today and she's a huge Bills fan. Her and her hubby make a trip to the Ralph once or twice a year. I told her how cool is that, Bills football on Tuesday and its your birthday. Fingers and toes crossed for the victory!

Now posted on TSW!!! Happy Birthday Mindy!!!

Lets go Buffalo!!!

6 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Nice! Mine was Saturday...hoping for a belated birthday present (the only one I want/wanted).

Awesome,  Mindy popped in I think for the 1st time today here on TBD. She's good people.

Good luck to both of you on your birthday wishes.

Mindy's response back to me was " May they win for my birthday darnet!" Lol

Awesome gal, I hope she joins us! 

Lets go Buffalo!!!

Edited by Figster
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Im late to the party here but my Sunday Ticket says this game is blacked out. What channel is this game on?? Is this nationally televised?

Nevermind. My tv guide had the game on the 7pm slot so when i looked at the 6pm (im central) slot it wasnt coming up so i started freaking out lol. I need a drink. Long day. 

Edited by bobobonators

On 10/9/2020 at 11:07 AM, MJS said:

You answered your own question. See bolded above. That's good. Holding an opponent to under 4 yards a carry is good.

3.7 yards a carry is a first down every run. And Jacobs only had 15 carries. Still think our run defense let alone our defense is good? Let Tannehill run for 40 something. 

6 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

3.7 yards a carry is a first down every run. And Jacobs only had 15 carries. Still think our run defense let alone our defense is good? Let Tannehill run for 40 something. 

I never claimed our defense was good. Henry was not the problem. Tannehill was the problem. Which is why I said before the game it's ok if Henry runs for 100+ yards. Just stop Tannehill. And we didn't.