Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I have been monitoring the Titans transactions and while they activated Isaiah Wilson, DaQuan Jones and Beau Brinkley they still have 8 on the COVID list.   I can't imagine they would be playing tomorrow if they haven't been activated and practiced as of today.

So their depth chart looks something like 

QB - Tannehill, Logan Woodside

RB - Henry, Evans, McNichols

WR - AJ Brown Q (he had a full practice yesterday)

WR - Kalif Raymond

WR - Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

TE - Jonnu Smith, Anthony Firkser, Geoff Swaim

LT - Taylor Lewan Q (he was limited in practice yesterday with a shoulder injury), Ty Sambrailo

LG - Rodger Saffold III, Daniel Munyer

C - Ben Jones, Aaron Brewer

RG - Nate Davis, Jamil Douglas

RT - Dennis Kelly, Isaiah Wilson

LDE - Matt Dickerson

NT - DaQuan Jones, Isaiah Mack

RDE - Jack Crawford, Larrell Murchison

WLB - Clowney, Vic Beasley Jr

LILB - Jayon Brown, David Long JR.

RILB - Rashaan Evans, Will Compton, Nick Dzubnar

SLB - Harlod Landry III, Derick Roberson

LCB - Malcolm Butler, Tye Smith, Chris Milton

SS - Kevin Vaccaro, Joshua Kalu

FS - Kevin Byard, Amani Hooker

RCB - Johnathan Joseph, Chris Jackson

That's 20 on offense and 23 on defense plus their 3 regular special teams players.

46 total from their normal 53 - yes they brought some players up from the Practice Squad.

More importantly looking at this "depth chart"  should the Bills tee-off on Henry and the run game?  That's only 3 WRs from the 53 that started the year and two of the were the 4th and 5th receivers on that 53 while Brown is returning from injury.

Additionally, do you think the Bills should use a healthy dose of Singletary and Moss seeing the Titans are down to basically 1 LDE?  Or would you think that the Titan's pass rush will struggle allowing Allen time to survey the field and spread the ball around? 

Thanks for this. 

I believe the Bills best chance at victory is to come out throwing, just as they have in recent weeks. The Titans secondary was already struggling, and now it will be down two key players.

Build a big lead and force the Titans to have to throw to catch up. 

Defensively — key on Derrick Henry and Johnnu Smith. Sell out to stop the run and defend the middle of the field.

Lastly, based on average pass-rush and rn-stop win rates, I see that the Titans are better at stopping the run than rushing the passer. In terms of pass rush win rate, they’re ranked about even with the Dolphins and not as good as the Rams — AND they’ll likely be without Jeffrey Simmons.

Throw the ball a ton, key on Derrick Henry, and force Tannehill to prove that he’s not the same guy that theBills used to whoop on regularly.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Thanks for this. 

I believe the Bills best chance at victory is to come out throwing, just as they have in recent weeks. The Titans secondary was already struggling, and now it will be down two key players.

Build a big lead and force the Titans to have to throw to catch up. 

Defensively — key on Derrick Henry and Johnnu Smith. Sell out to stop the run and defend the middle of the field.

Lastly, based on average pass-rush and rn-stop win rates, I see that the Titans are better at stopping the run than rushing the passer. In terms of pass rush win rate, they’re ranked about even with the Dolphins and not as good as the Rams — AND they’ll likely be without Jeffrey Simmons.

Throw the ball a ton, key on Derrick Henry, and force Tannehill to prove that he’s not the same guy that theBills used to whoop on regularly.

In the AFC CG last year, the chiefs threw their entire defense at stopping Henry and gave up whatever they gave up in the air. Tannehill had wide open guys downfield. He didn’t hit the throws that he needed to. That was their game plan - they didn’t think he could beat them through the air and if he did, they had the offense to counter. The difference in the Ravens game was the titans went up early 14-0 and the ravens don’t have the right offense to play from behind. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Here's what I think happens. 

I think it'll be a close game in the first half....like 14-14 or something close to that.  The Titans feel the world is against them and will come out with a lot of energy.

Then around the late 3rd quarter....we start grinding them down and fatigue their trenches.   I think we start taking over after that and win by two scores.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've often read a player talking about how something really fueled and motivated them and thought "seriously?  that nothingburger?"

But it's a tough game and take your motivation where you can find it.

Fortunately the Bills have done (I think) a very good job of staying quiet and staying off social media and not providing fuel.  All the stuff the players say publicly is pretty innocuous, like "we just want to play football" "we don't know what happened" blah blah.  The most controversial thing I could find was IR'd Mongo Feliciano re-tweeting Damien Woody "Bills looking at the Titans like" and a sarcastic comment about the NFL:

It is best to build your team with players that do not rely on external forces to get motivated.  Motivation that comes from within is what i would look for.  Players that are students of the game, always prepared and ready, and do not need to worry about being "respected".   

52 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I forget, is it illegal to tackle him by the doo-doo hanging out his helmet? 

OMG it does look like that, doesn't it? 

Perhaps he greases it

24 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

It is best to build your team with players that do not rely on external forces to get motivated.  Motivation that comes from within is what i would look for.  Players that are students of the game, always prepared and ready, and do not need to worry about being "respected".   

It may be best, but we all know players take every edge they can to pump themselves up for a tough, physical game.

Except our Josh Allen, who apparently needs to listen to crooners and go on a low-carb diet to calm himself down. 😎

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I have been monitoring the Titans transactions and while they activated Isaiah Wilson, DaQuan Jones and Beau Brinkley they still have 8 on the COVID list.   I can't imagine they would be playing tomorrow if they haven't been activated and practiced as of today.

So their depth chart looks something like 

QB - Tannehill, Logan Woodside

RB - Henry, Evans, McNichols

WR - AJ Brown Q (he had a full practice yesterday)

WR - Kalif Raymond

WR - Nick Westbrook-Ikhine

TE - Jonnu Smith, Anthony Firkser, Geoff Swaim

LT - Taylor Lewan Q (he was limited in practice yesterday with a shoulder injury), Ty Sambrailo

LG - Rodger Saffold III, Daniel Munyer

C - Ben Jones, Aaron Brewer

RG - Nate Davis, Jamil Douglas

RT - Dennis Kelly, Isaiah Wilson

LDE - Matt Dickerson

NT - DaQuan Jones, Isaiah Mack

RDE - Jack Crawford, Larrell Murchison

WLB - Clowney, Vic Beasley Jr

LILB - Jayon Brown, David Long JR.

RILB - Rashaan Evans, Will Compton, Nick Dzubnar

SLB - Harlod Landry III, Derick Roberson

LCB - Malcolm Butler, Tye Smith, Chris Milton

SS - Kevin Vaccaro, Joshua Kalu

FS - Kevin Byard, Amani Hooker

RCB - Johnathan Joseph, Chris Jackson

That's 20 on offense and 23 on defense plus their 3 regular special teams players.

46 total from their normal 53 - yes they brought some players up from the Practice Squad.

More importantly looking at this "depth chart"  should the Bills tee-off on Henry and the run game?  That's only 3 WRs from the 53 that started the year and two of the were the 4th and 5th receivers on that 53 while Brown is returning from injury.

Additionally, do you think the Bills should use a healthy dose of Singletary and Moss seeing the Titans are down to basically 1 LDE?  Or would you think that the Titan's pass rush will struggle allowing Allen time to survey the field and spread the ball around? 

I did a little more digging on the Titans percentage of snaps week 1 and the compared it to the projected starters above depth chart.

Week 1

Tannehill - 100%

Henry - 61%

Brown - 66%

Raymond - 22%

Westbrook-Ikhine - 0%

Smith - 73%

Lewan - 86%

Saffold - 100%

Jones - 100%

Davis - 100%

Kelly - 100%

Dickerson - 36%

Jones - 61%

Crawford - 22%

Clowney - 80%

Brown - 100%

Evans - 22%

Landry - 97%

Butler - 95%

Vaccaro - 100%

Byard - 100%

Joseph -  75%

Again - while their O-line is intact - those receivers should be shut down making the Titans one dimensional on offense.  If the Bills can get out to a big enough lead it could force Tennessee to abandon the run and put the game in the hands of Tannehill and what is for the most part and inexperienced WR group.   Defensively their back half is solid but with some strong runs taking advantage of their front 3 mixed with a healthy dose of play action there is no reason the Bills can't eat clock. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I did a little more digging on the Titans percentage of snaps week 1 and the compared it to the projected starters above depth chart.

Week 1

Tannehill - 100%

Henry - 61%

Brown - 66%

Raymond - 22%

Westbrook-Ikhine - 0%

Smith - 73%

Lewan - 86%

Saffold - 100%

Jones - 100%

Davis - 100%

Kelly - 100%

Dickerson - 36%

Jones - 61%

Crawford - 22%

Clowney - 80%

Brown - 100%

Evans - 22%

Landry - 97%

Butler - 95%

Vaccaro - 100%

Byard - 100%

Joseph -  75%

Again - while their O-line is intact - those receivers should be shut down making the Titans one dimensional on offense.  If the Bills can get out to a big enough lead it could force Tennessee to abandon the run and put the game in the hands of Tannehill and what is for the most part and inexperienced WR group.   Defensively their back half is solid but with some strong runs taking advantage of their front 3 mixed with a healthy dose of play action there is no reason the Bills can't eat clock. 

If White can't play then even with the inexperienced WR core, we will be on our 3rd string CB just activated.  

8 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Super glad I left Allen, Diggs and Henry in. My QB replacement would have been Matt Ryan, who put up an amazing 6.94 points...

I pulled Henry and his replacement gave a decent 15 points. Not Henryesque but has kept me in the game. Need to decide whether to pull Allen for Herbert or not. Need 23 points for a win.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it'll be a close game in the first half....like 14-14 or something close to that.  The Titans feel the world is against them and will come out with a lot of energy.

Then around the late 3rd quarter....we start grinding down and fatigue.   I think we start taking over after that and win by two scores.

Wait, we're going to have a lot of energy in the 3rd quarter?  Awesome!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I pulled Henry and his replacement gave a decent 15 points. Not Henryesque but has kept me in the game. Need to decide whether to pull Allen for Herbert or not. Need 23 points for a win.

Here’s my non-expert opinion. Herberts best game is 23 points (twice though), so putting in Herbert probably won’t get you a win anyways. Allen’s worst game is 25, so go with Allen. Sure there’s risk involved, but Herbert is not a lock to get 23 while Allen probably will if we play

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Wait, we're going to have a lot of energy in the 3rd quarter?  Awesome!

Using my own personal algorithm and to use a 100 point scale on energy.....

The Bills will be about 84% energy level.

The Titans will be about 41% energy level.  

Don't ask me about my algorithm, I share with no one.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Using my own personal algorithm and to use a 100 point scale on energy.....

The Bills will be about 84% energy level.

The Titans will be about 41% energy level.  

Don't ask me about my algorithm, I share with no one.

Still trust you more than PFF.

15 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Completely legal. Considered part of the uniform at that point. He probably wouldn’t be too happy about it though. 

Most importantly, not the part of the uniform right under it that counts for horse collar tackles.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then around the late 3rd quarter....we start grinding them down and fatigue their trenches.   I think we start taking over after that and win by two scores.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

Does anyone know how much the Titans usually make use of their fullback, Khori Blasingame?

I see that he is unlikely to play in this game as he has not yet been activated from the COVID Reserve list.

Do the Titans usually use a lot of 21 and 22 personnel? Could the lack of healthy fullback negatively impact their running game, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Does anyone know how much the Titans usually make use of their fullback, Khori Blasingame?

I see that he is unlikely to play in this game as he has not yet been activated from the COVID Reserve list.

Do the Titans usually use a lot of 21 and 22 personnel? Could the lack of healthy fullback negatively impact their running game, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Hopefully not much..because that likely means AJ Klein is on the field.

• Sad 2