Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, mattynh said:

No Titans positives today.......

So how many of their players who are positive can play, anyone know?

Players activated from the covid IR can play and can be activated up until tomorrow (not sure if there is a cut off time) as long as they are medically cleared. 

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Players activated from the covid IR can play and can be activated up until tomorrow (not sure if there is a cut off time) as long as they are medically cleared. 

While this is technical true the wisdom of putting in people who haven't practiced or played in weeks is dubious so I doubt we will see much, if any, of that. That said do we know if the Titans will practice today?

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan

28 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That Stillers schedule. Yuck.... I live on the outskirts of stiller country so I have to deal with those turd fans. You should listen to these people. Good lord. Lock them into the Super Bowl! 

They’re also the worst team as far as bandwagon fans go. As soon as they win a playoff game, everyone you’ve ever known is a huge Steelers fan.

And they all say the same thing when challenged on the fact that they’ve literally never been a Steeler fan: “well yeah, my favorite team is [_______], but everyone knows I’ve always been a Steelers fan too”.

No, no you haven’t.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

So the Chiefs game is on Monday night now??!!!  Yes, please, and one more thank you!!  😁😁  

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!

Well, Monday afternoon....

10 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

GAME ON!

Looking promising!

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2020/10/12/titans-covid-19-outbreak-coronavirus-buffal-bills-nfl-week-5/5939234002/

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

They’re also the worst team as far as bandwagon fans go. As soon as they win a playoff game, everyone you’ve ever known is a huge Steelers fan.

And they all say the same thing when challenged on the fact that they’ve literally never been a Steeler fan: “well yeah, my favorite team is [_______], but everyone knows I’ve always been a Steelers fan too”.

No, no you haven’t.

man.... dont get me started. Literally the most self righteous fan base. They act as though the "Stillers" and the fans themselves are gracing the league and the nation with their presence. They make me wanna vomit. 

I"m a bit embarrassed to say this. But having grown up around them i honestly may hate the Steelers even more than the Pats. its very close.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

6 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

While this is technical true the wisdom of putting in people who haven't practiced or played in weeks is dubious so I doubt we will see much, if any, of that. That said do we know if the Titans will practice today?

Agreed. 

I'd imagine maybe 2-3 players that were on the list from the start will actually play though. 

I know they moved two players off the list yesterday that I'm guessing was to get them some reps in practice to get ready for tomorrow night. 

Those guys might have been the asymptomatic guys is my guess. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

man.... dont get me started. Literally the most self righteous fan base. They act as though the "Stillers" and the fans themselves are gracing the league and the nation with their presence. They make me wanna vomit. 

Don't know many Pats fans, do you?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I think this has to be the longest Pregame Thread I think I have seen 

We haven't even gotten to the Pregame Thread yet!

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Agreed. 

I'd imagine maybe 2-3 players that were on the list from the start will actually play though. 

I know they moved two players off the list yesterday that I'm guessing was to get them some reps in practice to get ready for tomorrow night. 

One of them is their long-snapper and they need him badly

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Agreed. 

One of them is Jones and assuming they do get him back on the field they is a big piece back for them. That said he maybe limited. Who knows? Im more interested in if they will do another practice today. They've had like <6 hours of physical football activity to get ready for the game.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

With no consequences, I expect teams to conveniently have "positive," tests.

Since it's an independent lab it don't work that way. 

4 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Nothing less of the NFL than to make things more difficult for us.

Don't blame the NFL, blame the virus baby. The NFL has ***** up plenty of things in this saga but if the situation was reversed, if the Bills could get back a big piece from the COVID list and the league decided they couldn't despite what the ink on the rulebook says I would be screeching at the top of my damned lungs.

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

I find it staggering that they did not have a proper contingency plan in place.

Goodell - as useful as a fishnet condom!

So what exactly was the proper contingency plan?  Better yet what is the exact virus playbook, because without knowing extraly what the virus will do next, how can you have better plans?

I agree with you they didn't have a plan for:

If seven days after the first positive test, a team then has two days of no positive tests, but then on (what would it be) day 9 and 10 they have two more days of positive tests, then three days of no positive tests, then another positive test the next day.  You're correct, they didn't have a plan in place to deal with that situation.  But what if on day 9, instead of two days off no positive, it was three days before the next positive, was a new plan needed for that outcome?

The plan was simple you needed to have two days of no positive tests, then team can get back to normal.  Why such a simple plan because it's the only plan they know will work as they don't know what the virus will do next.

Is the reason Tenn keeps having positive tests because they broke the rules and secretly met or did they all come from the first outbreak?  Who knows??  Could they have added in a bye week every four weeks, sure in hind sight it's easy to say, but what if they weren't needed?  How many people would be screaming at no football this weekend.  If they had done that, this weekend would have been a bye, so what games would have been played?  ZERO! as the teams that right now that have had issues are still all in the issue state.  So Tenn could play Steelers along with the NE Denver game week 9 and the Bills week 13.  I'm sure the networks would have loved that deal, what do they do with all the extra time slots now with no games? 

Actually wouldn't surprise me if a big reason they didn't add extra league wide byes was because of major push back from the networks if not needed.  Likely the compromise they made with the networks is if needed, they will add an extra week towards season end.  A fall back too is to cancel games between teams not going to make the playoffs, then shift things around so maybe there is a week where Jax is playing Houston, that game gets canceled and games moved so we now play Tenn that week. Jax Houston can be played the first weekend of the playoffs so all the players still get paid. By week 14 or so will know of some teams that aren't in the playoffs.