Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is where I do a great home imitation of a big-eyed person making panic'd noises over a gag.  I hope I don't have to go ban myself.  I'll try my best.

If the arguments in that article are what the NFL is actually using, they need to do some damned research or listen to their own infection control experts who surely must know.

"The Titans haven’t reported to the facility for anything but a short practice in nearly two weeks."

Just how short was that practice, 3 minutes?  I'm gonna guess it lasted long enough to generate contacts.  As an argument, this is like "but we only did it once, Honey!"

"Thus, the positive generated by a defensive assistant doesn’t trace back to exposure to positive players or staff in the building."

-Yesterday when that swab was presumably taken, it's been 12 days since the Tues Sept 29 facility closure.  The range of incubation times of covid-19 is publically available information, and someone even copied a tweet that gave it up-thread.  Yes, this couldbe an exposure to positive players or staff in the building - before it was closed on 29 September

-What about exposure to positive players outside the building since it was closed down?  Since there hasn't been transparancy, how do we know what was going on?

At this point, after observing McDermott over the years, would it be surprising for the Bills to forfeit (accept the Loss) in order to preserve the non-COVID positives on the team? If that’s what the players want (I.e., loss of paycheck, preserve health) I don’t think so. 

It considers the team, let’s the players know that you care about them first and maintains stability for later games. In essence, lose the battle, win the war. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, par73 said:

NFL cancelled Denver vs. NE out of concern for player safety. Obviously not so concerned about Bills' health.

The NFL only postponed the Pats game because it’s Cam and Gilmore out. If it was two 2nd stringers or practice squad players, the game wouldn’t have moved. It’s all crap and the NFL is absolutely playing favorites here. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

C'Mon man, if you've seen something, just link us

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/40606-titans-staff-member-tests-positive-facility-closed-again-1011/page/2/

im at work inbetween customers at my business. takes 10 seconds find this... C'Mon man dont be lazy lol

titans fans are very upset at there team, how they want this handled, and Yes bills Safety

Dear Mrs. Pegula,

Please pass my comments regarding the leagues response to ignoring the covid-19 protocol along to Commissioner Goodell.  Fines are not an appropriate response. Owners can easily part with wads of money because there will be more coming in.  Additionally, money isn't as directly related to the game of professional football as is a game forfeit,  or withholding draft picks.  Particularly since one team's lapse of attention to the protocol directrly impacts several other teams, often to a greater degree than suffered by the original perpetrator.  For example, Tennessee Titan players directly ignored the protocol section concerning informal practice sessions.  The domino effect of their actions impacts a number of teams, e.g., Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs.  In response, the NFL should withhold two Titans 2021 draft picks in rounds one,  two, or three.

Respectfully submitted.

Keukasmallie

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They've done nothing to the Titans.  And to be honest the Pats really haven't been shown to have done anything wrong.

I know. Which is why I think it funny that they are acting like the NFL is punishing them. 

The pats thing is just funny because that is how the NFL usually treats them. 

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/40606-titans-staff-member-tests-positive-facility-closed-again-1011/page/2/

im at work inbetween customers at my business. takes 10 seconds find this... C'Mon man dont be lazy lol

titans fans are very upset at there team, how they want this handled, and Yes bills Safety

Don't see much of anything there.  One particular poster, maybe 2 saying "Bills shouldn't have to play us"

Did find a link to this tweet quoting Tannehill, which implies that there's a lot going on we don't know about, like players with symptoms having multiple negative tests:

https://twitter.com/TeresaMWalker/status/1315281172944084993?s=20

They should just make the Jets forfeit the Bills game and move the Titans game to that week.  Jets get a draft pick.  Bills still get to play KC in Prime Time.  NFL protects the Jets from themselves so they don't blow getting the #1 pick.  League doesn't have to add a week to the end of the year.  Win, win, win, win.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Doc Brown said:

They should just make the Jets forfeit the Bills game and move the Titans game to that week.  Jets get a draft pick.  Bills still get to play KC in Prime Time.  NFL protects the Jets from themselves so they don't blow getting the #1 pick.  League doesn't have to add a week to the end of the year.  Win, win, win, win.

and we don't have to play on that ***** field against league ####### Gregg Williams.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Billznut said:

The NFL only postponed the Pats game because it’s Cam and Gilmore out. If it was two 2nd stringers or practice squad players, the game wouldn’t have moved. It’s all crap and the NFL is absolutely playing favorites here. 

There is no way you believe this.

21 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Dear Mrs. Pegula,

Please pass my comments regarding the leagues response to ignoring the covid-19 protocol along to Commissioner Goodell.  Fines are not an appropriate response. Owners can easily part with wads of money because there will be more coming in.  Additionally, money isn't as directly related to the game of professional football as is a game forfeit,  or withholding draft picks.  Particularly since one team's lapse of attention to the protocol directrly impacts several other teams, often to a greater degree than suffered by the original perpetrator.  For example, Tennessee Titan players directly ignored the protocol section concerning informal practice sessions.  The domino effect of their actions impacts a number of teams, e.g., Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs.  In response, the NFL should withhold two Titans 2021 draft picks in rounds one,  two, or three.

Respectfully submitted.

Keukasmallie

P.S. You're the hottest MILF in town!

Respectfully, 

Wotaguy

Just now, Justin C said:

They just said on FOX that Jay Glazer will have breaking news about the Chiefs next game, so that probably means he will say the game will be contested on a football field.

Just saw the same thing.  If there was any real breaking news, it would be on Twitter already.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't see much of anything there.  One particular poster, maybe 2 saying "Bills shouldn't have to play us"

Did find a link to this tweet quoting Tannehill, which implies that there's a lot going on we don't know about, like players with symptoms having multiple negative tests:

https://twitter.com/TeresaMWalker/status/1315281172944084993?s=20

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/40606-titans-staff-member-tests-positive-facility-closed-again-1011/page/4/  early poster long time poster titans fan suggests forfit

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/40606-titans-staff-member-tests-positive-facility-closed-again-1011/ page 1. scroll down people upset at nfl own team.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/40606-titans-staff-member-tests-positive-facility-closed-again-1011/ page 3 more people think forfit is right move.

lots of content did you read the posts or did you just speed scroll for linked comments?  fact is the fans there are realists and understand the situation witch was my pain point. 

little content? please