Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

The titans said that staff member hasn’t been at the facility in the last two weeks. What I want to know is are the titans actually telling the truth or are they lying to prevent having to forfeit? I’d bet on the latter

I understand what you're saying.  This is where transparency and communication are critical.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm with you I think.  The "I think" part is if I had all the information in front of me I might believe it could be done safely.

But based on the scattershot positive testing indicating widespread (and maybe continuing) exposure, I'm like "yeah, take the L"

Except - I doubt the NFL would allow it.  If the Bills decide not to play - they figure out how to move it to week 18 and the Bills get screwed.

The NFL is working hard to get every game in and the Titans bye last week screws the easy move like the Den/NE game.

10 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I think if the Buffalo Bills made a statement with full rationale as to why they think their premise is valid with proof this puts the onus on the NFL ...effectively amping up the pressure for  them to what I call "do the right thing" and postpone this game. Coming from the Bills  a statement would be an extremely squeaky wheel they just may be force the NFL to grease or face huge lawsuits if Bills become infected. Would the Bills do it I just don't know.

a statement is different then flat out saying we wont play tuesday. telling the nfl they putting us and titans in bad spot that they need to come up with a decision asap makes sense hit n that statement you cant say WE WONT SHOW UP. thats a forfit

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Right. I’m on board with all of that. I’m just following through on what that would mean.

-You come in close contact. Whoopsies

-You quarantine, not in the facility. OK, got it.

-There are 23 people with the virus. OK that’s not good

- Could be 40-50+ total people banned from the facility. Woah! 

Based on the logistics, you can’t field a professional football team/staff. So I guess what I am really asking is, is it reasonable to believe that close contact quarantining is happening and this is a nothing burger? Or is it more reasonable to believe that the NFL/Titans are trying to power through this and any new positive is a red flag. 

I Hear You, Man!

This is why I think the NFL needs to pivot to communication and transparency.  Otherwise it looks like different standards for different teams, and the NFL putting our Bills at risk.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buddo said:

I think it's as much because the Titans have already 'lost' their bye week, and the Patsies actually got their game played before. The scenario atm, is that if the Titans game can't go on, they are probably looking to have to play that game in a week 18.

In this instance, I don't think it's due to any favoritism to the Patsies, it's simply a function of the NFL wanting to keep the regular season games confined within the 'normal' 17 week period.

If safety is a concern, you have to drive the decisions with uniform protocols, not by "who already used their bye week?  OK, different standards, we'll lower the bar for ya!"

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

you want to know the intersting thing is? Titans fans dont want to play Tuesday for our safety

Seriously?  Linky

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If safety is a concern, you have to drive the decisions with uniform protocols, not by "who already used their bye week?  OK, different standards, we'll lower the bar for ya!"

But I mean that's exactly it they've already used their bye week and they really don't want to pull the trigger on week 18 so early. Unfortunately the Titans have ***** that up they need to get over it and rip off the band-aide. If they force this game and the Bills end up with positives they are going look like absolute dog *****.