Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Do we really want this? What sort of prep do you think the Bills have done for the Chiefs at this point? No doubt, some. But this Titans fiasco has likely been a giant distraction. 

We were supposed to originally play today and the Chiefs on Thursday. If we learn today that the Titans game is cancelled and we play the Chiefs on Thursday, it would essentially be the same as originally planned in terms of prep for KC.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If this coach never entered the facility, why then did they close it?  You'd think they could have figured that out in about 5 minutes.

Need to make sure... People lie, he might have come in contact with someone else that went in.

Edited by TBBills

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's too stressful for the league, coaches,  players, etc.. They should just postpone this game for now.  I mean they could come up with another positive test or two between now and Tuesday morning.   

I'm hesitant on the forfeit stuff.  It does sound like they had an unauthorized get together.. but it wasn't malicious from what i read.  And the fact someone got the virus initially could happen to any team.  I'm just leery because Buffalo could have an outbreak at some point.  And we'd be furious if the rest of the league were calling for the Bills to forfeit games.  We would want things re-arranged.  On the plus side, most of the cases so far have been asymptomatic according to ESPN., and in a couple cases very mild symptoms.  

It’s not malicious!  Lol.  

They were told not to practice.  They snuck in a practice, but they did it with good intentions....

I didn’t want a forfeit but that seems to be the best choice.  They broke the rule and caused a mess.  

Suspend the titans for 2020, huge fines, take away draft picks, suspend coaches and FO.  Wins given to everyone on their schedule.  This IS their fault and the league shouldn’t suffer because the Titans are incapable of following the rules

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I never thought I would say this, but you know who’s opinion I would love to hear on this...Baker Mayfield. I would imagine it something like “If you’re stupid enough to go out and practice on your own in a pandemic, you’re stupid enough to forfeit a game.”

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They already had examples around the world. NFL did nothing to prepare for an inevitable outcome.

How many other sports have 53+ people on each team not including coaching staff and help staff? The NFL is bigger than anything any of these other sports have had to deal with. 

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Do we really want this? What sort of prep do you think the Bills have done for the Chiefs at this point? No doubt, some. But this Titans fiasco has likely been a giant distraction. 

If they make the decision by 4pm today they would have the same time to prepare for a Thursday night game as they would always have.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not like this recent positive test was an unimaginable outcome.  The league shouldn’t be figuring out how to reschedule today - that plan should have been in place when they moved the game the first time (or earlier).

When you have a product worth billions of dollars, you don’t make it up as you go along.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Easy option was to  build into the schedule two bye weeks with no games scheduled. Then a week 18 if necessary. NFL messed up.

This has been debunked. It wasn’t the NFL that made that decision. It was the NFLPA who demanded additional pay for the additional bye week. In a year where fans weren’t allowed into the stadium, despite the TV money which is obviously large, that was an expense that the owners could not take on.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Teddy bruschi said it well, "Whoever wins the Superbowl this year will have been the most mentally tough team in the history of the NFL" 

That bodes well for us seeing how well our coach has this team mentally.

When I read the first 13 words "Teddy bruschi said it well, "Whoever wins the Superbowl this year will have..." my brain immediately auto-filled in with "an asterisk associated with it" - and then thought, well he should know

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's too stressful for the league, coaches,  players, etc.. They should just postpone this game for now.  I mean they could come up with another positive test or two between now and Tuesday morning.   

I'm hesitant on the forfeit stuff.  It does sound like they had an unauthorized get together.. but it wasn't malicious from what i read.  And the fact someone got the virus initially could happen to any team.  I'm just leery because Buffalo could have an outbreak at some point.  And we'd be furious if the rest of the league were calling for the Bills to forfeit games.  We would want things re-arranged.  On the plus side, most of the cases so far have been asymptomatic according to ESPN., and in a couple cases very mild symptoms.  

Most COVID spread and deaths are not the result of malicious intent...

Ignorance can be just as destructive.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

10-6 beats 9-6, period. The win percentage thing is completely unfair. You're saying the Bills had an equal chance of winning or losing the game, so it's fair. Not so.

OK but 10-5 beats 10-6 so it all evens out.  It works both ways so fair.  BTW did read an article the other day too that the league is already looking at this method to determine final standings.

What's the better solution?  Have the Bills play Tenn week 18 while the rest of the playoff teams have a bye?  Maybe by then 75% of the league will need make up games, but if the number is that high, then very unlikely it's all one game per team, likely some teams have more than one game to make up.