Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

A couple people laughed in response to this, but Im with you, I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if that happened. I dont think it will, but I wouldnt be shocked. I would be super uncomfortable being in close proximity to a group of people with a COVID outbreak.

That would throw the entire season into utter chaos. Can’t see it happening.  Way too many issues to unpack.  

5 minutes ago, wjag said:

That would throw the entire season into utter chaos. Can’t see it happening.  Way too many issues to unpack.  

Thats a reason the league would never allow a forfeit, not a reason the players wouldn't vote to refuse to play a game. But, from the league’s perspective, you are absolutely right.

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Risk what?... Playing a bunch of guys who have tested negative?

Easy to say when you arent the guy lining up across from the Titans. 

Edit: Im not saying you are wrong. It’s theoretically safe. Its just really unnerving.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

18 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

A couple people laughed in response to this, but Im with you, I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if that happened. I dont think it will, but I wouldnt be shocked. I would be super uncomfortable being in close proximity to a group of people with a COVID outbreak.

If you listen to the players this week, you would know this isn’t going to happen 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Why in the ***** would WE forfeit?!?!?! If anybody is giving up a win it is going to be the Titans:censored:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Why in the ***** would WE forfeit?!?!?! If anybody is giving up a win it is going to be the Titans:censored:

Because at the end of the day, Im guessing the Bills’ players care way more about their health than a single W or L. 

That said, if the world (NFL) were fair, the Titans should be the team forced to forfeit. But, the NFL is greedy.

12 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Cody Ford said it was better to be healthy than rich. Tre almost opted out of the season. 

Again, I wouldnt bet on it, but its definitely not impossible.

I could see a few players asking to be excused or to be made inactive, but not the entire team deciding to forfeit. 

17 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Cody Ford said it was better to be healthy than rich. Tre almost opted out of the season. 

Again, I wouldnt bet on it, but its definitely not impossible.

Nothing is technically impossible but the Bills forfeiting a game comes pretty close. If you saw ford’s comments in total, he didn’t sound like that was something he would want to do. His comment there was in reaction to if the league made the titans forfeit because they didn’t perceive the game to be able to played in a healthy manner, and would he be mad about not getting a game check. As far as Tre, I think it is much more likely he would have a phantom injury and not play than he would be able to convince the entire team to forfeit the game. It’s not his decision on what the team does. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nothing is technically impossible but the Bills forfeiting a game comes pretty close. If you saw ford’s comments in total, he didn’t sound like that was something he would want to do. His comment there was in reaction to if the league made the titans forfeit because they didn’t perceive the game to be able to played in a healthy manner, and would he be mad about not getting a game check. As far as Tre, I think it is much more likely he would have a phantom injury and not play than he would be able to convince the entire team to forfeit the game. It’s not his decision on what the team does. 

I feel like my original comment is getting a bit misconstrued. I dont think the Bills will forfeit.

What I am saying is that the suggestion it could happen is not so impossible it deserves a laughing emoji. I guarantee that there are definitely some guys in that locker room that have some reservations about playing the game. It probably doesnt rise to the level of not wanting to play the game, but you never know how far that feeling can spiral. That said, it is of course highly improbable the Bills would forfeit.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 1

In this, once in a lifetime, very strange year, anything can happen and more importantly- is likely to do so! 

Because of the size of the teams and the thousands of potentially viral interactions,  pre Season, I gave the NFL 2 months before it completely imploded. 

2020 Season kaput.

Could be sooner.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

In this, once in a lifetime, very strange year, anything can happen and more importantly- is likely to do so! 

Because of the size of the teams and the thousands of potentially viral interactions,  pre Season, I gave the NFL 2 months before it completely imploded. 

2020 Season kaput.

Could be sooner.

Ok, Darren Rovell.. noted. 

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agree on both, but also feel that Tre should be given benefit of the doubt that he actually is injured and the most appropriate treatment for his injury is not to hang on the sidelines stretching and riding a bike.  He could be off getting MRIs or nerve conduction studies for all we know.

12 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

2020 Season kaput.
Could be sooner.

I suppose this meets the letter of the request to restrict to football, but I don't think it meets the spirit.  Kindly take note.

17 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

One word...

Cakewalk. 

Every team in the NFL is a professional team.  Vrabel is a meathead, but a good coach and a leader of men.  Nothing is a cakewalk, and any team who thinks it is, is going to find out they're mistaken.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agree on both, but also feel that Tre should be given benefit of the doubt that he actually is injured and the most appropriate treatment for his injury is not to hang on the sidelines stretching and riding a bike.  He could be off getting MRIs or nerve conduction studies for all we know.

I suppose this meets the letter of the request to restrict to football, but I don't think it meets the spirit.  Kindly take note.

Every team in the NFL is a professional team.  Vrabel is a meathead, but a good coach and a leader of men.  Nothing is a cakewalk, and any team who thinks it is, is going to find out they're mistaken.

I think the likelihood of Tre having an actual injury is high. Just saying that him not playing when he could play would surprise me much much less than the whole team forfeiting. That said, I would still be surprised. 

33 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I feel like my original comment is getting a bit misconstrued. I dont think the Bills will forfeit.

This is how I'm feeling right now too.  I don't think they'll forfeit.  I just won't be shocked if they do.  

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Easy to say when you arent the guy lining up across from the Titans. 
Edit: Im not saying you are wrong. It’s theoretically safe. Its just really unnerving.

I understand perceived risk, but perception is not reality.

The NFL memo sent out October 5th and tweeted out by Schefter, last Tuesday, has a key quote:

image.thumb.png.b3e31ec18bbcc6357ffbfc5646f2f4b6.png

The Bills players need to focus on football and play freely.  They lined up across from a guy who wasn't tested game day and was found positive the next test day in Vegas - no positives on the Bills. The Vikes played the Titans who weren't tested game day and lined up across from players who were positive next test day. No positives on the Vikes.

Maybe the NFL's infection control experts are onto something, and the infection risk is indeed much greater to teammates, trainers, and coaches who ignore infection control procedures and spread from one to another as they spend hours in the same facility or hours in the same small coaches' booth, than from the guy lining up across from them for 30 or 60 snaps in a game.

If I say more, I'll have to warn myself.  There's info on demonstrated attack rates within households and all sorts of relevant stuff in the covid-19 facts thread in OTW.   Looping back to Bills, players on the sidelines could reduce risk meaningfully by voluntarily wearing masks during the game along with the coaches.  There has to be a way to manage this and still be ready to quickly slap on a helmet and sub in, logistically.  Bills staff seems to excel at logistics.

Play Fearless, Guys.  GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh yeah, I was being sarcastic. Well kinda, I see a lot of similarities of the Titans strengths as the Raiders, but a bit more talented. Theyll probably scorch us over the middle with the short passes again and then you have to contain Henry like you did Jacobs. Wont be an easy win.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Oh yeah, I was being sarcastic. Well kinda, I see a lot of similarities of the Titans strengths as the Raiders, but a bit more talented. Theyll probably scorch us over the middle with the short passes again and then you have to contain Henry like you did Jacobs. Wont be an easy win.

Despite his "comeback player of the year" chops, I think Tannehill may not be as capable a QB as Carr.  He does have a deep pass if he has AJ Brown though.  To pull off that D, we really do need good coverage deep.  We will miss Tre badly if he's out.

• Like (+1) 2