Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Summary - if a player identified as a close contact comes up positive after tomorrow, game will still happen. Only way game doesn’t happen is if there is a positive of any kind tomorrow that doesn’t allow the facility to re-open, or an outlier (player not identified as a close contact) comes up positive after tomorrow 

LOL they know precisely who has been in close contact with whom but they were clueless that guys were having practices until some college kid posted it on Twitter.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Summary - if a player identified as a close contact comes up positive after tomorrow, game will still happen. Only way game doesn’t happen is if there is a positive of any kind tomorrow that doesn’t allow the facility to re-open, or an outlier (player not identified as a close contact) comes up positive after tomorrow 

Am I an idiot, or is everybody else trying to wrap their heads around the logic on this one? 

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

Am I an idiot, or is everybody else trying to wrap their heads around the logic on this one? 

What it sounds like, but seems to have been omitted from her report, is that those players who have been contact-traced to have been in "close contact" with positive Covid players (I assume) have been in quarantine, so if those players pop positive tomorrow or Sunday/Monday the game is still on, as those players (I assume) have been in quarantine.

The issue becomes if a player pops positive who was NOT deemed to have been in close contact with the already positive players...things might change.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

No no this sounds pretty stupid.

The league will have two weeks (16 days as of today), worth of data that since the Titans first tested positive on 9/24. Since then the team has averaged about 1.5 positive tests per day. And over that time we have learned that multiple position groups have met outside the facility to practice together and the team has been very lax with bringing UDFA, masks, contact tracing etc. 

But now suddenly, we trust the contact tracing data and if somebody on some list tests positive after he enters team facilities on say Sunday, it is totally fine and we will play...?

...and that is because we expected them to get COVID, maybe. Even though we maybe thought it could happen, we let them in the facility, and it did, so whatever.  But if somebody else gets it, it is a wild anomaly, not possibly due to bad data from a lax organization, or transmitted from what seems to be like the Florida of NFL football teams....

...if that is the case we are back to business as usual. Sequester said player, put on your blind folds, and go play Tuesday? 

I am sorry, is the NFL actively trying to gaslight me specifically? 

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

What it sounds like, but seems to have been omitted from her report, is that those players who have been contact-traced to have been in "close contact" with positive Covid players (I assume) have been in quarantine, so if those players pop positive tomorrow or Sunday/Monday the game is still on, as those players (I assume) have been in quarantine.

The issue becomes if a player pops positive who was NOT deemed to have been in close contact with the already positive players...things might change.

The player has been in quarantine, but also met outside of practice, so have they really been in quarantine? 

Are players who were in close contact with Covid-positive players allowed in the facility Sunday assuming no positive tests tomorrow? 

Bonus question. If they are allowed in, then test positive, WTF is it OK to play the game, and not shut down TN for another week? 

Tasker agrees with me that the psychological aspect of this game is concerning. The Bills will have their hands full, and the Titans are likely to be charged up.

30 minutes ago, wjag said:

How is the line still Bills -1 with everything that has gone on with the Titans?

Why would the line favor the Bills? The schedule change only benefits the Titans, and embattled teams usually respond extremely well in these situations. Bills fans are in for a rude awakening Tuesday night IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Tasker agrees with me that the psychological aspect of this game is concerning. The Bills will have their hands full, and the Titans are likely to be charged up.

Why would the line favor the Bills? The schedule change only benefits the Titans, and embattled teams usually respond extremely well in these situations. Bills fans are in for a rude awakening Tuesday night IMO.

I think that whatever psychological edge the Titans may have is mitigated by both the uncertainty/stress of the past two weeks (their friends/teammates contracting a potentially deadly virus), and the fact that the team hasn’t been able to practice at the facility in a normal fashion.

Further, when it comes to mental and emotional preparation for a strange and uncommon situation, I’ll take the meticulously detailed, calm, and measured presence/approach of McDermott over meathead Vrabel any day.

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I have a hard time believing the bills won't be fired up and extremely prepared to want to beat down the titans, like the rest of the nfl wants them too. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

the boatload of players that will be out for the Titans

How do we know with 100% certainty who will be OUT for the Titans?  I am not following all the Covid comeback procedures but I would think if the guys that tested positive the first few days are testing negative now ...and are not showing symptoms, then they would be active.  Anyone have the scoop?

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I think we're looking at most of the COVID players being back.

Even if that’s the case, everything we know about the virus suggests there’s a good chance those guys aren’t at full strength, assuming they were symptomatic.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

LOL they know precisely who has been in close contact with whom but they were clueless that guys were having practices until some college kid posted it on Twitter.

I think one of the violations I had heard (rumored) was that they had left their tracking bracelets home during those workouts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

How do we know with 100% certainty who will be OUT for the Titans?  I am not following all the Covid comeback procedures but I would think if the guys that tested positive the first few days are testing negative now ...and are not showing symptoms, then they would be active.  Anyone have the scoop?

No, it is not information that is available because it depends on info that isn’t made public such as symptomatic status. Vrabel indicated some of them were symptomatic when interviewed last week, which adds time. We will know on Tuesday who is active. Players can be  removed from the Covid reserve before then, and This will be on the transaction wire.  If they are removed, there is an acclimation period that is gray in terms of timing. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Look, I'm as desperate as anyone else for the Bills to win. I want them to kick Tennessee's teeth in, and I think karma would like that as well. I'm just very uncomfortable with a lot of the overconfidence I'm seeing from Bills fans and just from fans around the league who are thinking there's going to be a big advantage for the Bills here. I just don't see that at all, and I'm afraid that it's going to be a big surprise to everyone if the Titans really get after us. I'm scared to death of "What happened to the Bills?" commentary the next morning.