Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Bills didn’t practice today due to postponed game but this is interesting as it shows Tre White would have been out if played Sunday, would not have practiced all week. same with Andre Roberts. Winters probably would be out too. I wonder if anything will change with the new date.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

We dont know for sure if we lost a home primetime game yet, plus with no fans...who cares if its home? You said the nation wont get to see live shots of niagara falls as intros and outros for commercials?

I’m sure all the players and the Pegulas care because it’s exposure for Buffalo. 

Just now, Do The Reich Thing said:

I’m sure all the players and the Pegulas care because it’s exposure for Buffalo. 

I dont think they do. They are getting a nationally televised game on Tuesday against the Titans, so they still get a national game AND we dont know if the Bills vs Chiefs game is going to be a national game or not yet 

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I dont think they do. They are getting a nationally televised game on Tuesday against the Titans, so they still get a national game AND we dont know if the Bills vs Chiefs game is going to be a national game or not yet 

I would think it would be the national game if its played on Sunday. Its a potential 5-0 vs 5-0 game. Mahomes the best QB and face of the NFL vs Josh Allen one of the most improved players in the game who is also playing great. Romo and Nance would definitely get this one. I could see a 4:25 start as well.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I nabbed it from the Titans forum, it might be wrong.

I'd have to know their forum and whether it came from someone who knows their stuff

I think it's probable that the Titans will get some of their players back, especially if they remained (nudge nudge wink wink) asymptomatic

BUT: an asymptomatic player can come back in as little as 5 days.  So they might have gotten many of these guys back even if we played as originally scheduled.

image.thumb.png.7f0f4d7cc59ed8bea6f5e1038246a46a.png

Just now, Greg S said:

I would think it would be the national game if its played on Sunday. Its a potential 5-0 vs 5-0 game. Mahomes the best QB and face of the NFL vs Josh Allen one of the improved players in the game who is also playing great. Romo and Nance would definitely get this one. I could see a 4:25 start as well.

Exactly. Everyones crying right now and we know absolutely nothing. 

The bottom line is the NFL will eventually put every team in their own hotel bubble. Until its time to get on a plane or a bus ride to practice. The NBA did a complete bubble and it worked brilliantly. All we're asking Goodell is use common sense and do a partial bubble. 

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The bottom line is the NFL will eventually put every team in their own hotel bubble. Until its time to get on a plane or a bus ride to practice. The NBA did a complete bubble and it worked brilliantly. All we're asking Goodell is use common sense and do a partial bubble. 

waayyyyyy harder to do for the NFL than NBA

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills didn’t practice today due to postponed game but this is interesting as it shows Tre White would have been out if played Sunday, would not have practiced all week. same with Andre Roberts. Winters probably would be out too. I wonder if anything will change with the new date.

I humbly disagree with the assertion that White would be out for Sunday. They literally copied Thursday line and pasted it on Friday's. There is no new news here. They were just obligated to broadcast their injury report.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is it? It looks like they just copy and pasted from the day before, with the exception of the “rest” guys. 

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

I humbly disagree with the assertion that White would be out for Sunday. They literally copied Thursday line and pasted it on Friday's. There is no new news here. They were just obligated to broadcast their injury report.

there is noooo way White doesnt play tuesday. You think were rolling into a game with 3 CBs???? Lol, no way. They are doing what they do, being cautious with a minor, minor injury. And yes, it was copy paste today since no practice. I am not worried about White oneeeee bit. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, MJS said:

No they ACTUALLY did well against the run last week. Go watch. Don't be simple.

Yeah they did okay. They gave up total 383 yards 86 yards rushing allowed 3.7 yards per rush and why did you say they actually did well? Because they had acouple tackles for loss? And acouple stops on 4th n short? When a team is passing more because they are behind it’s why are stats are OVERALL decent against the run. Edmunds has been late to the ball, missing tackles(and I don’t care how many tackles he has), I’m worried the titans if they were healthy would run the ball down our throat. Maybe not in a few weeks when our defense gets its ***** together but Jacobs only had 15 carries. With a long of 16. He never really got a chance to get moving and a lot of those carries were on 4th n 3rd n short. Cam newton and running QBs are always an issue and the titans run the football better and will keep running it to control the clock. But who knows now with the virus *****. I didn’t say they’d win I just said they will run the ball down our throat as their strategy. I hope our defense can stop it. I’m just not impressed by them at all right now. 

The pouring rains from Hurricane Delta will be directly over Nashville at 1pm Sunday.  So it's a good thing the game is moved to Tuesday as the forecast is 72 and partly sunny.

Edited by zow2

1 hour ago, 2003Contenders said:

While I get the need to prep for the Chiefs on such a short (and still uncertain) turnaround, I hope the team isn't looking past the Titans.

I know the Titans are hobbled but (as of now) most of their roster will be suiting up for the game on Tuesday. Hopefully the off-day today is to provide the Bills players with a chance to heal up a bit, given the current injury list and the extra 2 days of prep that they already have over the Titans, rather than jumping the gun and already prepping for Kansas City.

In the grand scheme of things, the need to win the game in Tennessee (assuming it goes on as planned) is just as important as winning the KC game -- and this game would appear to be more winnable than the KC game, just don't want to underestimate the Titans.

What about McDermott gives you the impression they would look past anyone? 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I wonder if the Bills/Titans game does well with ratings if the move the Bills/Chiefs to the following Tuesday. 

I think since was one of, if not the first Thursday Night game Fox has. Unsure what other games they have, but I would look for them to have control over some flexing during the year. I am thinking Fox gets Buffalo v. Seattle moved in November. Either 4 pm or swap out GB v. SF.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Yeah they did okay. They gave up total 383 yards 86 yards rushing allowed 3.7 yards per rush and why did you say they actually did well? Because they had acouple tackles for loss? And acouple stops on 4th n short? When a team is passing more because they are behind it’s why are stats are OVERALL decent against the run. Edmunds has been late to the ball, missing tackles(and I don’t care how many tackles he has), I’m worried the titans if they were healthy would run the ball down our throat. Maybe not in a few weeks when our defense gets its ***** together but Jacobs only had 15 carries. With a long of 16. He never really got a chance to get moving and a lot of those carries were on 4th n 3rd n short. Cam newton and running QBs are always an issue and the titans run the football better and will keep running it to control the clock. But who knows now with the virus *****. I didn’t say they’d win I just said they will run the ball down our throat as their strategy. I hope our defense can stop it. I’m just not impressed by them at all right now. 

You answered your own question. See bolded above. That's good. Holding an opponent to under 4 yards a carry is good.

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd have to know their forum and whether it came from someone who knows their stuff

I think it's probable that the Titans will get some of their players back, especially if they remained (nudge nudge wink wink) asymptomatic

BUT: an asymptomatic player can come back in as little as 5 days.  So they might have gotten many of these guys back even if we played as originally scheduled.

image.thumb.png.7f0f4d7cc59ed8bea6f5e1038246a46a.png

They still have to test negative twice though even if they are asymptomatic. Virus can linger for a while 

Edited by Mrbojanglezs

33 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Is it? It looks like they just copy and pasted from the day before, with the exception of the “rest” guys. 

It is considered to be an estimation of practice status for the day. They estimated that White, Roberts and Winters would not have practiced today and Addison would have returned. 

Edited by YoloinOhio