Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

No surprise. The NFL would rather their beloved Chiefs have extra time to play us rather then the other way around. Bills should not be playing this game, way too much at risk. 

Old Schedule:

10/11 1pm Titans

10/15 8pm Chiefs

New Schedule

10/13 6pm Titans

10/18 1pm Chiefs

How is this against our favor if the Chiefs getting more time time isn't?

Edited by What a Tuel

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Old Schedule:

10/11 1pm Titans

10/15 8pm Chiefs

New Schedule

10/13 6pm Titans

10/18 1pm Chiefs

Shocked they didn’t work Buffalo/KC into a more prime time slot. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Tuesday at 6pm? That means 11pm UK time and I am working Wednesday. FFS. If we lose my team better avoid me Wednesday morning. I will be as grumpy as it is physically possible to be.

Wait, Gunner you’re in the UK? Who are you, Andrew Lincoln? 

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Old Schedule:

10/11 1pm Titans

10/15 8pm Chiefs

New Schedule

10/13 6pm Titans

10/18 1pm Chiefs

if they cancel the game we now know we  can start preparing for the Chiefs for Thursday. If we play Tuesday all our game planning is set on that game leaving us a short week to prepare for the Chiefs while they get a full week to  prepare for us. You don’t think that prep time matters?

Edited by BananaB

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

if they cancel the game we now know we  can start preparing for the Chiefs for Thursday. If we play Tuesday all our game planning is set on that game leaving us a short week to prepare for the Chiefs while they get a full week to  prepare for us. You don’t think that star time matters?

The coaches do their Monday work on Sunday when they would usually be coaching a game. The additional physical burden of a short week hurts us. The practice time? Less so. The Bills will be ahead of that and will have the KC gameplans set before we play in Tennessee (if indeed we do).

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

I understand the timeline for the Tennessee game going off. But let’s say Tennessee has a positive test Saturday. Is Buffalo still on for Thursday against KC? Or in you scenario, if we see positive test Monday morning, is Buffalo expected to turn on a dime and start prepping for KC? 

That’s the date that is important. Otherwise nothing is different and the league is still jerking everybody around. More than anything that’s what’s bothering me the most. 

Agreed, Titans test positive for another few days. I think they should also be tested night before/morning of, if they can get results on time, and a single positive test costs them the game entirely. 

From my understanding, as soon as they find out Sunday morning, they change their focus to the Chiefs if the test comes back positive.  So in theory it would be the same as before except they don't play Sunday and have the same prep time as the Chiefs (more since the Chiefs play Sunday afternoon).

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BananaB said:

if they cancel the game we now know we  can start preparing for the Chiefs for Thursday. If we play Tuesday all our game planning is set on that game leaving us a short week to prepare for the Chiefs while they get a full week to  prepare for us. You don’t think that prep time matters?

The extra rest for KC is the bigger advantage. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I understand the timeline for the Tennessee game going off. But let’s say Tennessee has a positive test Saturday. Is Buffalo still on for Thursday against KC? Or in you scenario, if we see positive test Monday morning, is Buffalo expected to turn on a dime and start prepping for KC? 

That’s the date that is important. Otherwise nothing is different and the league is still jerking everybody around. More than anything that’s what’s bothering me the most. 

Agreed, Titans test positive for another few days. I think they should also be tested night before/morning of, if they can get results on time, and a single positive test costs them the game entirely. 

They will need to determine a deadline for committing to the Tuesday game/no Thursday game. Problem is they will be getting tested every day, including game day. So, what happens if someone tests positive on Monday or Tuesday? 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They will need to determine a deadline for committing to the Tuesday game/no Thursday game. Problem is they will be getting tested every day, including game day. So, what happens if someone tests positive on Monday or Tuesday? 

For a team that has a one off test. You find a way to be malleable. 

For Tennessee, if they can’t get it under control, go home, it’s been 2 weeks at that point. 

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

So if the Titans have a positive test on Friday, Bills play Chiefs on Thursday, right?

We don’t know that yet. The league has basically said “We are going to try and play Tuesday, but that might not work, and if it doesn’t, just play KC on Thursday per normal” 

I find this “decision” useless and actually more frustrated than earlier. They’ve had months to prep contingencies. Tennessee has been effing around for weeks. And what we have now still is, the contingent is contingent and some very loose guidelines. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

We don’t know that yet. The league has basically said “We are going to try and play Tuesday, but that might not work, and if it doesn’t, just play KC on Thursday per normal” 

I find this “decision” useless and actually more frustrated than earlier. They’ve had months to prep contingencies. Tennessee has been effing around for weeks. And what we have now still is, the contingent is contingent and some very loose guidelines. 

I want to get the game in, but the NFL is so vague right now... what happens if the Titans can’t play?   Rescheduled, forfeit?  

• Like (+1) 1

Ok, this might be the tinfoil hat talking, but could this be a way for the league to "save face" and pretend like they are doing everything in their power to not make a team forfeit knowing that the Titans are going to continue to test positive and that the game is going to be forfeited.