Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Honestly, the more I sit with another positive test today, the more comfortable I am with the Titans having to sit out the rest of the season. Forfeit those games, or just skip them all together, does not matter to me. But I don't think that punishment is way over the top. They seen to have held multiple private practices, bringing in FA's, continued positive tests. They proved that they are not responsible enough to be apart of the pandemic version of the NFL. 

Another option in general is to just cancel out of conference games league wide. Treat those like bye weeks for teams. It provides some additional room for rescheduling if/when some more things go awry. Seed the playoffs by conference games only going forward. This actually works perfect for Buffalo v. Tennessee. Both have NFC games on 11/8 (Seahawks and Bears). That should not have a huge effect on TV money. It is not a dead week for the league, just a handful of games don't happen, still NFL on TV for every market and they keep the ad money. 

Superbowl moves to homefield for the higher ranked seed. Given the state of everything right now, especially in Florida, if I am an NFL team going to Tampa for the Super Bowl, I probably don't fly in until either the morning of or day before (like a lot of teams are doing now). The last thing I want is to risk infection with the Covid hell hole that is Florida in the lead up to the biggest game of my career. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Heard this on the radio as well.  I know people dont want forfeits but I dont want our Bills or any other team around that infested team.  They should forfeit their season.  

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Heard this on the radio as well.  I know people dont want forfeits but I dont want our Bills or any other team around that infested team.  They should forfeit their seasons.  

Forfeit until healthy. When they are sitting 3-3 they will realize where/how they F'd up. It will pop all NFL teams on notice as well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

If this is really true, then I’m all for the Titans forfeiting until they’re clean enough to play. I was on the fence before that.

Well there is at least 3 known unauthorized practices.

Also it is known Titans have ignored protocols well before their little outbreak

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Does anyone actually believe that Meat Head Vrabel didn’t know his players were getting together to practice? 

No.  The Meat in his head is reserved for knowing about his players practicing.

If you asked him who the Mayor of Nashville is, and he said he didn't know... then I would believe him.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Honestly, the more I sit with another positive test today, the more comfortable I am with the Titans having to sit out the rest of the season. Forfeit those games, or just skip them all together, does not matter to me. But I don't think that punishment is way over the top. They seen to have held multiple private practices, bringing in FA's, continued positive tests. They proved that they are not responsible enough to be apart of the pandemic version of the NFL. 

I agree with this. I would also not award those as wins to their opponents but rather leave the Tennessee week as an extra bye week for each of those teams. They would all play 15 games and win percentage would be used. Further, I would have the Titans forfeit their 1st Round draft pick in 2021 and 2022 and have them draft last in every round that they still have a draft pick in 2021.