Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

They have a track record of putting up those sorts of numbers. Josh is going to have to do it all year before he gets recognized like they do. Remember last year he wasn’t able to throw the ball like he has this year. It’s a SSS.

That’s true. Not only does Josh have to maintain, these other guys are going to have to fall off a little. Russ is playing out of his mind. Rodgers right there too. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Normally with another positive result, the clock is reset and there should be no chance of the Titans game being played on Sunday. And there is no way to move it to Monday since Bills play TNF. So why hasn’t the league cancelled the game yet (forfeit postponed etc.)?

I believe there is still a chance this game will go on. And strangely enough, if the new positive tests can be traced to the Titans’ players breaking protocol and getting together, and there have been no more such instances except the one on Sep 29, the game might still go on.

1. Corey Davis WR is the new positive result today. Most likely he was at the Tannehill organized workout at MBA on Sep 29 after the Titans closed their facility. He is a key offensive player and it was an Offense organized practice.Two other Offensive players tested positive on October 2 - WR Adam Humphries and WR Cameron Batson (PS). I am going to assume these 2 guys were infected in the first wave.

2. The key question is were Humphries and Batson at the unauthorized practice on Sep 29? If they were, that is likely where Davis got infected and tested positive 7 days later (post incubation).

3. The Titans were likely warned against unauthorized get together only on Oct 1 and likely did not get together after Sep 29 (I am guessing here)

4. The get together was outdoors and likelihood of infection was low (because of viral loads etc.).

5. If the Titans have not gotten together after Sep 29 (and that is a big IF),  no one else was likely infected at that get together (it will be 9 days tomorrow).

6. This is why contact tracing is so important. If the source of Davis’ infection was Humphries or Davis and there has been no contact between Titans players afterSep 29, the game can still go on (sans any player who tested positive of course).

7. I can understand McD and the Bills players being a bit wary - but I just listened to an authority of viral loads who says risk of game time infection from an opponent is minimal - which is evidenced by all Vikings players testing negative after the Titans game. He also believes the risk for Mahomes getting infected from Gilmore is very small.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Of course. I’d rather have those things too. But I’m enjoying the ride. When’s the last time we’ve had a player (let alone a QB) worthy of MVP consideration? Fred Jackson’s hot start in the mid-2000s before he was injured and lost for the year? Been too long. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the ride too.  I just don't get too concerned about how much love the media is giving Josh Allen or the Bills.  That's all superfluous BS that just doesn't matter.  Winning games matters, media perceptions, not so much.  In fact I like it better when they are doubters, it helps give the team an us vs the world mentality.

• Like (+1) 1

One of the mistakes I believe the NFL made this year knowing covid was happening , was not letting rosters expand. I know they put new practice squad rules in place, but they should've allowed teams to have something like 20 reserve players for covid, this would be on top of the practice squad. Pay them league minimum or less, put them in some kind of bubble so they're on call and ready to go at any point in case of an outbreak on any given team. I know that's much easier said than done, but it really wouldn't have been all that hard. There's 90 players on every team going into training camp. I'm sure the NFL could've figured it out in the off season 

10 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

That is correct. Can move the game to Sunday night after moving the Titans game to Monday night. That doesn’t detract from what I said about the Titans game being on, no?

You said no way they move it to Monday because we play Thursday 

One question I haven’t seen asked, and I could of missed it, Who wants to play the Tenn Covidians?! I mean can you trust them at all right now? If I am the Bills players I am voicing my displeasure over how they handled things and not wanting to put myself or my loved ones In harms way because the Titans are selfish. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It’s a famous painting by 16th century Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch.   Check him out if you want to be creeped out.

I think he was predicting what hell or the Patriot front office must be like. 

That is the guy the detective in the  Connelly Books (and Amazon Series) is named after.  Mickey Haller 's (The Lincoln Lawyer's) 1/2 brother. 

53 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Normally with another positive result, the clock is reset and there should be no chance of the Titans game being played on Sunday. And there is no way to move it to Monday since Bills play TNF. So why hasn’t the league cancelled the game yet (forfeit postponed etc.)?

I believe there is still a chance this game will go on. And strangely enough, if the new positive tests can be traced to the Titans’ players breaking protocol and getting together, and there have been no more such instances except the one on Sep 29, the game might still go on.

I'm starting to wonder. I thought for sure after today's positives the game would be cancelled. But if the Titans need 2 days of practice they could conceivably move the game to Monday or even Tuesday and then reschedule the Bills/Chiefs game to Sunday. Whether the Titans game is played or not I don't see how our TNF game will happen. Wouldn't be fair to the Chiefs if we get a bye week before the game.