Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

In the grand scheme I’m not sure it matters all that much if it’s 1 or 2. (Unless that 2 is Henry or Tanny)

Guess it depends on if the second test or Davis for that matter where at these protocol violation practices. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I keep seeing people post that Tennessee should be forced to play the game with whatever lineup they can pull together.  Why should the Bills be forced to play against a team who are in the middle of a giant outbreak, with no assurance that the outbreak is over.

For everyone who keeps saying that only players who test negative will be allowed to play - over the last week how many players tested negative and then tested positive?  It's mind boggling that this argument is still being used.  The incubation period renders the testing pretty ineffective unfortunately.

I don't love the idea of the Bills winning this game via forfeit, but I honestly think the League has no choice given what's come out about the continued meetings / practices after everything was supposed to be shut down.

I mean, under your premise, cancel the season... We played the Raiders, who had no known positives yet this year, and the very next day, Hurst tests positive.  

Cant avoid it.  Just have to follow the protocols and hope, as the Vikings showed, it may not be that easy to transmit on the open-air football field with frequent, yet quick/intermittent, contact. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I mean, under your premise, cancel the season... We played the Raiders, who had no known positives yet this year, and the very next day, Hurst tests positive.  

Cant avoid it.  

1 - that may end up happening

2 - the Raiders game also probably shouldn't have happened after their maskless adventures

3 - If the NFL wants to have a season, they need to come down hard on any team that is shown to be not deadly serious about this (and even that may not be enough.)

Just now, BillsMafi$ said:

Memo sent to teams October 1st said there was no team gatherings allowed if their facility was shut down due to Covid.

this alleged practice some Titans players held was on sept 30th

wonder if this gets the off the hook

maybe but how dumb do you have to be to not understand that if the facility is shut down and you've got multiple positive cases that you're not supposed to go practice somewhere else?

and in general, the league has never really shied away from making up punishment rules as they go along.  in this case all they need too say is "You can't safely play the game because you broke the rules, and there's no time to make it up, so it's a forfeit." I would guess the majority of owners (and players) would go along with it based on what's come out today.

15 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I hate the idea of a forfeit but it’s not fair to our players to risk their health against these jackasses

I don't care too much about the forfeit. I think the Titans are imbeciles and willfully and recklessly engaged in stupid activities AFTER people on their team tested positive for COVID. The disciplinary boot of the the league needs to be place firmly up the rear of this team for putting the health and safety of players and their families from other teams at risk. Selfish and stupid.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh still getting no love for MVP on NFL total access. Russ and Rodgers I get. It’s arguable. But no one else should be higher than Allen through 4 games. Not even Mahomes. Tie between Russ, Rodgers, and Allen. We’ll see if our boy can hang with those heavyweights all year long. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Josh still getting no love for MVP on NFL total access. Russ and Rodgers I get. It’s arguable. But no one else should be higher than Allen through 4 games. Not even Mahomes. Tie between Russ, Rodgers, and Allen. We’ll see if our boy can hang with those heavyweights all year long. 

They have a track record of putting up those sorts of numbers. Josh is going to have to do it all year before he gets recognized like they do. Remember last year he wasn’t able to throw the ball like he has this year. It’s a SSS.

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Frankly I could care less if Allen gets MVP or not.  It's one of those accolades that is really kind of meaningless in the grand scheme of things.  I care about getting to the playoffs, winning playoff games, and ultimately winning the Super Bowl.  If Josh helps us do that AND gets MVP, that would be great.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE THAT 

It’s a famous painting by 16th century Dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch.   Check him out if you want to be creeped out.

I think he was predicting what hell or the Patriot front office must be like. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

a team that knows how to enjoy themselves 

Comradery is what comes to mind

Really?  I would have never have guessed that.   

Thanks for the explanation Mr. obvious 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Frankly I could care less if Allen gets MVP or not.  It's one of those accolades that is really kind of meaningless in the grand scheme of things.  I care about getting to the playoffs, winning playoff games, and ultimately winning the Super Bowl.  If Josh helps us do that AND gets MVP, that would be great.  

Of course. I’d rather have those things too. But I’m enjoying the ride. When’s the last time we’ve had a player (let alone a QB) worthy of MVP consideration? Fred Jackson’s hot start in the mid-2000s before he was injured and lost for the year? Been too long. 

Read the very first paragraph of the NFL Conduct Policy, linked below, and tell me the players involved in that practice should not get a suspension. This may be written for crimes but the very first few paragraphs cover this situation.

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2017/08/11/0ap3000000828506.pdf

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1