Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

GR reporting Forfeiture is off the table because the new rules came after the .um.. team meeting.

Looks like we’ll be playing a depleted Titans team Sunday.

Glad McD keeping nose to the grindstone!

Depleted as in what way, Chandler? Are they making those that participated in that practice sit out or is it just the positive tests that have to sit out?

Edited by Beast

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

GR reporting Forfeiture is off the table because the new rules came after the .um.. team meeting.

Looks like we’ll be playing a depleted Titans team Sunday.

Glad McD keeping nose to the grindstone!

"McD don't keep their nose to the grindstone... the grindstone keeps it's nose to McD!"

my next line at my new virtual standup comedy show.

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Forfeits are just not going to happen.  It's just not fair to the rest of the AFC if the Bills and Steelers get to pocket an extra win and bye week.   Hit these guys where it hurts.  TN should lose a first round pick for every game that's been postponed and hit every player with a fine equal to their gameday paychecks.  And Vrabel needs to face a 4-week suspension.  This is just ridiculous.

What’s good, gents? What good?

YE OLE isn’t really in favor of forfeit either... but there is a reality to what does the league do if the Titans can’t have a game for multiple weeks and the rest of the league continues? If multiple teams end up in this boat you could argue the league might just shorten the season, but if it’s just the Titans at this point, how do you justify that? 

Suspend all players that attended the practice.  Covid positive players also ruled out.   If they don’t have enough players to play, they should be forced forfeit.  If they have enough to play, time to whoops their cheating *****

• Like (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The Titans should just have to play with what they have. If you are a positive test or were exposed to someone who has 🤷‍♂️You are out. If the Titans have 35players, to bad. Whatever they have, they have. Let’s go. Play the game. ***** em. They only have themselves to blame.

That is not the protocol the NFL has in place at present.

Once again, NFL flow chart.  The exposed, negative test arm is on the left

image.thumb.png.ec0d1afd7080df683d06a15e40c791f5.png

I don't want the Bills traveling to that plague house. I don't see how you DON'T reschedule, because this is even worse than last week.

20 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

'

The problem is...reschedule the game to which week?  Titans are out of bye weeks.

Not the Bills problem. They followed the rules

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Man Chris Brown is FIRED up on One Bills Drive today about this.  I have NEVER heard him this pissed

I am too. They broke rules designed to protect health and keep the games possible. Now two teams have had their schedules wrecked because people couldnt follow the rules and unless a forfeit comes out for both games it will give both BUF and PIT competitive disadvantages. Additionally the rest of the league even NE for gosh sakes has managed to follow the rules.

Only fair solution is force both games as forfeit, take away the Titans entire draft picks for 2021, and suspend Tannehill and any other players that broke the rules for four games. It might tank their season and have adverse consequences but given the circumstances this needs to be so harsh no team or player considers doing this or breaking policy again this year.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

At this juncture, I good with fining the players and team.  They are already down ~15 players and some coaches.  Their team and schedule have been thrown into total chaos.  You can't suspend 15 more.  The team would not be able to field a team.  No matter how charged up you feel about it, the NFL and we as fans of the game, need to the max extent possible see and play competitive games.  oh..  IMHO...  Your mileage may vary.  

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

At this juncture, I good with fining the players and team.  They are already down ~15 players and some coaches.  Their team and schedule have been thrown into total chaos.  You can't suspend 15 more.  The team would not be able to field a team.  No matter how charged up you feel about it, the NFL and we as fans of the game, need to the max extent possible see and play competitive games.  oh..  IMHO...  Your mileage may vary.  

Hey, they are free to look at practice squads. Make them pick up some street free agents

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, wjag said:

Problem with this is every other team has lost guys to COVID and dealt with it without breaking the rules. The Titans getting that light of penalties only incentives others to try. Anything less then scorched earth in penalties invites others to try.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I am too. They broke rules designed to protect health and keep the games possible. Now two teams have had their schedules wrecked because people couldnt follow the rules and unless a forfeit comes out for both games it will give both BUF and PIT competitive disadvantages. Additionally the rest of the league even NE for gosh sakes has managed to follow the rules.

Only fair solution is force both games as forfeit, take away the Titans entire draft picks for 2021, and suspend Tannehill and any other players that broke the rules for four games. It might tank their season and have adverse consequences but given the circumstances this needs to be so harsh no team or player considers doing this or breaking policy again this year.

The punishment will be 1/10 of what you just listed 

Just now, Billznut said:

The punishment will be 1/10 of what you just listed 

Which is pathetic and a major problem. If its just fines what stops Cam from practicing ahead of schedule? COVID is no joke and can wreck the year for the NFL which the Titans already have risked.

Just now, corta765 said:

Which is pathetic and a major problem. If its just fines what stops Cam from practicing ahead of schedule? COVID is no joke and can wreck the year for the NFL which the Titans already have risked.

I agree with you. I’d hammer them. I just feel like the NFL won’t do that. Not yet. They will escalate with the penalties