Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Meh, the OP here isn't wrong and neither of you. The NFL thought they could skate by and give the teams the ability to manage it themselves. But as we have seen with Gruden and reports of the Titans bringing in an UDFA without waiting the 5 days, that is not happening. 

If we were going to operate without a bubble, and the league wanted to be "flexible" and "adaptive" they would have scheduled league wide bye weeks every month so that they could reschedule games in the (inevitable) event this current situation happened. Without a few league wide "dead periods" to either make up games or get things straightened out for certain teams, the league actually left themselves no room for flexibility. 

The league bet that this would be over or nearly over as the season started and progressed. That they would gradually get fans back into stadiums, and the playoffs/superbowl would go off as normal and generate a whole bunch of revenue for them. 

...and now here we are. 

Its not that he let the teams manage it themselves, its that he let teams enforce it themselves. He laid out the rules, some teams have just not been enforcing them.  Which is sort of surprising to me; I wouldn't expect that from a professional organization. 

The NFL may not be able to move the Super Bowl date but could they possibly move the playoffs out a week and leave one week between Conf championships & Super Bowl. Use this to allow for any rescheduled games?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, I google searched and got nothing.

Since the number of employees with access to the locker room/players is being strictly controlled this year, pretty sure "no press on the team plane", get there on your own.

I think coaches/scouts for next opponents have still been allowed, possibly with more restricted numbers or access to facilities.  But that's just a guess.

Kind of surprised haven't read anything about it either. I'd tend to agree with your guesses too. Ironically the Bills would not have been able to scout Tenn this past week since game was canceled.

1 minute ago, Ta111 said:

Was thinking the same thing. If they haven’t been together since last week why would one or two guys showing positive have an effect on rest of team? Those two just don’t play or show up at the facility.

That's the big "IF."  The league is investigating whether players have been working out together away from the facility.

2 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Was thinking the same thing. If they haven’t been together since last week why would one or two guys showing positive have an effect on rest of team? Those two just don’t play or show up at the facility.

Seems like there is still a risk of more spread. It shows you don't have it contained.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

And in any case, both teams have to know by today if there's a game or not!

Titans missing two games in a row would really mess up the league. As would a team missing one after its bye week...

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

That's the big "IF."  The league is investigating whether players have been working out together away from the facility.

If that’s the case there’s no way they can play this game. I would hope that after several tested positive that they’d have a little common sense and stay apart, but you never know.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does anyone else read "wiggle room" into this statement?

I dont necessarily, its the correct answer imo. He is saying just bc there arent any today doesnt mean there wont be, which is true. 

This tells me that he seems to have a good grasp on how Covid stuff works

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2