Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strange. 

Last year I thought the #1 rushing attack (first for yds, attempts, yds per attempt) made a 1st round playoff exit

The #2 rushing attack on yds , #8 for ypa, lost the superbowl to....

The #23 rushing attack on yds, #27 on attempts, #20 on yds/attempt

Did I miss something?

In his defense, he said we have to be able to

run the ball if we want to win playoff games.  The chiefs averaged 89 yards a game during the season. In the playoffs, their lowest rushing yards output was 112 yards.  I agree that it’s in our best Interest to get our running game on track so we can keep defenses a little more honest come playoff time bs some of the better defenses.  There are currently only 2 teams that have a lower YPC than us right now.  3.7 is pathetic.  If we want to win the SB, that number needs to be better come the playoffs imo

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

run the ball if we want to win playoff games.  The chiefs averaged 89 yards a game during the season. In the playoffs, their lowest rushing yards output was 112 yards.  I agree that it’s in our best Interest to get our running game on track so we can keep defenses a little more honest come playoff time bs some of the better defenses.  There are currently only 2 teams that have a lower YPC than us right now.  3.7 is pathetic.  If we want to win the SB, that number needs to be better come the playoffs imo

Not really, no one ever had the WR group we have.

Just now, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

What’s good, gents? What’s good?

YE OLE seems to recall a time when our very own Bills had two hall of fame WRs lining up on Sundays. 

Always good to see YE OLE in the house!!

we should’ve told ted, Marv and Jim that we didn’t have to run the ball effectively and that’s why we lost the Super Bowls. We could’ve just thrown the ball every play and won because no one has ever had such great WRs before

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I agree it's in our best interest to get our running game more on track simply because in the Chess Match of football, if you have a deficiency in your game, good teams will inevitably figure out how to exploit it.

My point was that "because we have to be able to do that to win playoff games" isn't a particularly strong argument, because teams that can run the ball capably have lost playoff games and because teams that have a limited run game and pass very effectively have won.

Right now early in the season IMO teams are "probing out" whether our passing success is a fluke.  The thinking still is, "make Josh Allen beat you from the pocket" and "oh, but the Jets and Miami used very simple defensive schemes, he won't be able to pass like that against our super-duper whooper confusing reusing defense".  They are determined to keep Josh from beating them with his legs.

I think if our pass game can stay hot for a few more games, we'll start to have more rush opportunities.  I think we are also shifting our OL around to try to fix the run game and hopefully that will help

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree it's in our best interest to get our running game more on track simply because in the Chess Match of football, if you have a deficiency in your game, good teams will inevitably figure out how to exploit it.

My point was that "because we have to be able to do that to win playoff games" isn't a particularly strong argument, because teams that can run the ball capably have lost playoff games and because teams that have a limited run game and pass very effectively have won.

Right now early in the season IMO teams are "probing out" whether our passing success is a fluke.  The thinking still is, "make Josh Allen beat you from the pocket" and "oh, but the Jets and Miami used very simple defensive schemes, he won't be able to pass like that against our super-duper whooper confusing reusing defense".  They are determined to keep Josh from beating them with his legs.

I think if our pass game can stay hot for a few more games, we'll start to have more rush opportunities.  I think we are also shifting our OL around to try to fix the run game and hopefully that will help

Agreed.

still a long way to go.  We should be able to improve on what has been a punchless running game.  If we don’t, it’s gonna be tough to win a title.  3.7 ypc/80 ypc isn’t going to cut it in the playoffs imo.

Any concerns about the weather on Sunday in Nashville:

Sun 11 | Day

74°

90% chance of rain
ENE 9 mph

Cloudy with periods of rain. Potential for heavy rainfall. High 74F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Not really, no one ever had the WR group we have.

Poor Jerry Rice and John Taylor.  Or Lynn Swann and John Stallworth     Or the 2019 KC Chiefs or St Louis Rams fastest show on Turf or the 1990 Buffalo Bills.... they never could have fathomed the 2020 Buffalo Bills.... 

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Does the announcing tree at CBS go any lower?  Sheesh.  I'd take Mowins and Barber over these yahoos.  Feely is the worst.

Here's the depth chart at CBS:

• Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
  • Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
  • Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
  • Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon
  • Andrew Catalon, James Lofton
  • Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
  • Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely
  • Beth Mowins, Tiki Barber

How the hell does a game featuring two teams with a combined 7-0 record get the last cab off the rank?

Do Nantz and Romo call a divisional game from the NFC LEast?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Does the announcing tree at CBS go any lower?  Sheesh.  I'd take Mowins and Barber over these yahoos.  Feely is the worst.

Here's the depth chart at CBS:

• Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
  • Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
  • Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
  • Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon
  • Andrew Catalon, James Lofton
  • Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
  • Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely
  • Beth Mowins, Tiki Barber

Honestly looking at the future slates of games on 506.  We will only get Romo once this year and that is week 10 against Arizona. 

Thats bc its masters weekend on CBS only has 3 games total. and the others are LV vs Den and NYJ vs Mia

Other weeks where are on CBS and have a good opponent has games like TB-KC and KC-NO.  They will always choose Brady and Brees vs Mahomes. 

The other week that is a possibility is week 8 against NE. But Big Ben vs Lamar is the same day and time so could easily lose out to that.

Edited by Mr Wild

21 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Honestly looking at the future slates of games on 506.  We will only get Romo once this year and that is week 10 against Arizona. 

Thats bc its masters weekend on CBS only has 3 games total. and the others are LV vs Den and NYJ vs Mia

Other weeks where are on CBS and have a good opponent has games like TB-KC and KC-NO.  They will always choose Brady and Brees vs Mahomes. 

The other week that is a possibility is week 8 against NE. But Big Ben vs Lamar is the same day and time so could easily lose out to that.

Spero Dedes?! Better buy some No-Doz