Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills have the 8th ranked rush D in the league 

For some reason that seems like it can’t be true, but the Rams were really the only team to run in us. Must be because we went six+ quarters without forcing a punt. 

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

For some reason that seems like it can’t be true, but the Rams were really the only team to run in us. Must be because we went six+ quarters without forcing a punt. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/opp.htm

We actually are in 8th yards per game allowed, but that's just because teams have been throwing so much against us. We're tied for 16th in yards per carry allowed.

Edited by gobills404

Phillips getting more snaps at the Number 1 technique, made a big difference in the last game.  Hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.  Before he went out with that injury, he was playing really well against the run.

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

Milano will be out for both games which is painful. 

Mahomes 

I would like to move Edmunds outside this week. At least to test it out. Let him play fast in coverage and put Dobson in the middle.

He’s been really hesitant this year. We expected him to take a step forward from last year, which ended well, but it’s exacerbated with defensive play across the league taking a major dip. 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So even if Buffalo keeps testing negative would any practices or the game itself be at risk with a Raider DT who played Sunday now on Covid reserve?

At what point does the NFL determine Buffalo is out of the woods?

My understanding is that it's all about testing and following protocols. They shut down the Vikings for like 1 day until they could confirm they had no positives, but then after that it was just testing. If we keep testing negative we should be fine to continue as normal. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

1.   Looks like we got the runts of the litter

2.   What did Tony do wrong to deserve this?

CBS EARLY

Las Vegas @ Kansas City

Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Cincinnati @ Baltimore

Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon

Jacksonville @ Houston

Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Buffalo @ Tennessee

Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

CBS LATE

NY Giants @ Dallas

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Titans = zero ratings.

• Like (+1) 1

Guys, by the time it hits TN, it will be nothing but a tropical storm at most.  That much land crossing will lose all of it’s steam.  Trust me from someone who has lived through about 20 hurricane watches easily over the last 25 years.  Warm water gives these things strength, and the water in the gulf is not as warm as it was in August.  Don’t worry about it.  It will just look like a rainy game.  If anything it hurts Tammy’s weak arm, amd advantage to Allen’s strong arm in the rain.  Now Henry will be tough to stop in the slop.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

My understanding is that it's all about testing and following protocols. They shut down the Vikings for like 1 day until they could confirm they had no positives, but then after that it was just testing. If we keep testing negative we should be fine to continue as normal. 

It was actually two days for Vikes. They got the news of the positive test on Tuesday morning. Nfl and nflpa had them evacuate their facility early that day. They opened it back up on Thursday. 

One difference with their situation and the Bills is that the titans who tested positive were in their facility. Whereas the Bills traveled to the raiders. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was actually two days for Vikes. They got the news of the positive test on Tuesday morning. Nfl and nflpa had them evacuate their facility early that day. They opened it back up on Thursday. 

One difference with their situation and the Bills is that the titans who tested positive were in their facility. Whereas the Bills traveled to the raiders. 

Interesting. Okay. Thanks for the correction. 

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

hopefully he brings our 29th ranked run game out of the gutter. 

if we want to win playoff games we need to be able to run the football. 

It's 2020. Our team is 5th in points per game and tied for 3rd in TDs per game. And you want to run the ball more?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

With all due respect to reigning MVP Lamar Jackson, it's Josh Allen who just became the first player in NFL history to post at least 12 pass TDs and three rush TDs in his team's first four games. Allen is thriving as a passer in 2020, ranking second in pass YPG (331.5) and third in passer rating (122.7). Plus, he's a force in the running game: He ranks fourth in carries (25) and is tied for third in rushing TDs (3) among quarterbacks.

Just take a look at Allen's numbers through Week 4 compared with Jackson's through his first four games of the 2019 season:

• Allen: 70.9 completion rate, 1,409 total yards (pass + rush), 15 total TDs, 122.7 passer rating.
  • Jackson: 64.9 completion rate, 1,348 total yards (pass + rush), 11 total TDs, 109.4 passer rating.

As sensational as Jackson was right out of the gate last year, Allen's production thus far is better.

From nfl.com.

No different than our normal overreactions so why not, right?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

hopefully he brings our 29th ranked run game out of the gutter.

if we want to win playoff games we need to be able to run the football. 

Strange. 

Last year I thought the #1 rushing attack (first for yds, attempts, yds per attempt) made a 1st round playoff exit

The #2 rushing attack on yds , #8 for ypa, lost the superbowl to....

The #23 rushing attack on yds, #27 on attempts, #20 on yds/attempt

Did I miss something?

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strange. 

Last year I thought the #1 rushing attack (first for yds, attempts, yds per attempt) made a 1st round playoff exit

Did I miss something?

The 1970s apparently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Strange. 

Did I miss something?

Well there's got to be something to complain about.

• Haha (+1) 1