Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Logan Woodside is backing up Tannehill.  I had to look up who that was.  I'm sure the Titan fans are actively looking up Matt Barkley.

I am friends with a kid that played WR for Toledo when Woodside played there. He spoke highly of him as a QB and a teammate—seemed to think he could carve out a career as a backup 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting since both teams are undefeated . I wonder if it has to do with them not knowing if the game would take place until today ...

Think it has more to do with the market size as both Buffalo and Nashville are near the bottom.  I get the part about both teams starting off well, but this game will probably not go outside upstate NY and the state of Tennessee...and Wyoming.  We'll see with the 506 maps tomorrow.

Mike Vrabel conference call from today..

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvKpeoNDAoGE

"I don't think there is going to be a shortened return based on symptoms" ..  Vrabel

"DBs will have to help us out as WRs during practice"

Won't know until 0430 Wednesday when and how they can re-enter their facility

Pretty interesting to listen to.  Just looking at his demeanor, you know he and his team have been through the ringer.  Let's hope this doesn't happen to another team

Edited by wjag
biwt

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

Mike Vrabel conference call from today..

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1kvKpeoNDAoGE

"I don't think there is going to be a shortened return based on symptoms" ..  Vrabel

"DBs will have to help us out as WRs during practice"

Pretty interesting to listen to.  Just looking at his demeanor, you know he and his team have been through the ringer.  Let's hope this doesn't happen to another team

There are a total of 4 WRs on the depth chart and that’s assuming AJ brown is healthy. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think we can expect a heavy dose of Henry on Sunday. Hopefully we get the 2nd half week 4 version of this defense, not the weeks 2 and 3. The key to stopping Henry is making him move laterally. Where he kills you is if he's just able to run North and South rumbling through would be tacklers like bowling pins. If we can stop the run then we should win this game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, wjag said:

I'm not so sure.  While they have been home, they were dealing with a genuine outbreak on the team.  Every day new folks were testing positive.  The stress on the family lives of hoping you didn't bring it home to your wife and kids.  Having the NFL and NFLPA up in your stuff.  Not being able to practice.  I think what Tennessee has had to overcome is far worse than the inconvenience NE* experienced by having their game delayed 1 day.  I'm for sure not minimizing what NE* had to deal with; I'm curious what your thoughts are on why Tennessee has had it easier?

I agree the Titans have obstacles but they are different than NE’s. The biggest one is that being at home is way easier than traveling, especially day of. Getting up early and spending all day on a bus, plane, bus is mentally and physically draining. The Pats then had to play a professional football game. After that kind of day I want to hit the bed in my hotel room. Whoever plays for Tennessee won’t have to endure that. 

1.   Looks like we got the runts of the litter

2.   What did Tony do wrong to deserve this?

CBS EARLY

Las Vegas @ Kansas City

Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Cincinnati @ Baltimore

Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon

Jacksonville @ Houston

Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Buffalo @ Tennessee

Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

CBS LATE

NY Giants @ Dallas

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think we can expect a heavy dose of Henry on Sunday. Hopefully we get the 2nd half week 4 version of this defense, not the weeks 2 and 3. The key to stopping Henry is making him move laterally. Where he kills you is if he's just able to run North and South rumbling through would be tacklers like bowling pins. If we can stop the run then we should win this game. 

I think if Henry has a big game that's fine. They can run the ball and run off the clock. Meanwhile, Allen can throw bombs for TD's. I don't think they can keep up with our offense if their plan is to run the ball all game long.

Ultimately, it will come down to our ability to stop Tannehill.

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

CBS EARLY

Las Vegas @ Kansas City

Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Cincinnati @ Baltimore

Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon

Jacksonville @ Houston

Buffalo @ Tennessee

Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

CBS LATE

NY Giants @ Dallas

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Screwed. It will be Baltimore on the tube here in VA I'm sure. 

Just now, MJS said:

I think if Henry has a big game that's fine. They can run the ball and run off the clock. Meanwhile, Allen can throw bombs for TD's. I don't think they can keep up with our offense if their plan is to run the ball all game long.

Ultimately, it will come down to our ability to stop Tannehill.

If we stop Henry then Tannehill is much easier to deal with as most of his success comes off of play action. I was hoping AJ Brown wouldn't be back for this game as well, but it seems like he is on track to play. 

• Like (+1) 2

Wow....I hadn’t heard that simmons was out til now.  This is such a pleasant surprise.  He’s venturing into elite DT status imo.  Everything I watch. The titans, he flashes consistently throughout the game. We got lucky here.  Fulton, Correa, Jones and Humphries will be missed as well.  

That said, losing Milano is a huge blow to our D.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

CBS EARLY

Las Vegas @ Kansas City

Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Cincinnati @ Baltimore

Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon

Jacksonville @ Houston

Buffalo @ Tennessee

Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

CBS LATE

NY Giants @ Dallas

Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Death, taxes, and Giants/Cowboys on national tv no matter how horrible the teams are 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Death, taxes, and Giants/Cowboys on national tv no matter how horrible the teams are 

Let's hope they are rewarded with a 10-7 game with 12 punts