Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Their defensive group on paper looks really good even without Simmons.  Not sure why they’ve been off this year, unless it’s the same thing a lot of teams are experiencing. Byard is great. Clowney typically something to have to game plan for. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

A new part of my traditional game week preparations (Bills podcasts, checking this thread every 5 min etc) this season has been scouting around on the opposing team's fan forums. Here's the link to Tennessee's Titans vs Bills thread if anyone's interested:

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/40526-bills-week/

A few observations:

1) There seems to be one Bills fan who posts on there frequently whose name is Logical (is this you @Logic? lol). Whoever they are, they seem to have successfully stirred them up into a frenzy.

2) There are more references to 'sand' than I expected to find on a football message board.

3) There are a few trolls and a few reasonable posters as can be expected on any online platform, but in general I'm as unimpressed with these Titans fans than I was with the Jets fans in Week 1. A lot of lazy takes about Josh Allen being inaccurate/turning the ball over and the level of analysis/knowledge on the forum is rather poor. (Conversely, I thought the Raiders/Rams/Dolphins fans from the last three weeks were pretty realistic and knowledgeable.)

4) For being fans of a team whose lack of discipline/controls regarding COVID has put the entire league in doubt (and less importantly, could cost their team wins), no one seems to be that upset with the Titans organization. A few jokes about giving it to Josh Allen though...

5) Most posters seem high on Vrabel and the offense and less happy with the defense/special teams. Also mixed expectations for the returns of Taylor Lewan, AJ Brown, and Adoree Jackson from injury. 

No matter who is available for Tennessee, I like our guys and expect them to get the win on Sunday. Fingers crossed the game goes ahead safely and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Crazy but not having a true long snapper could cause real issues for them.

Could force them to eschew the FG and go more on 4th down.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their defensive group on paper looks really good even without Simmons.  Not sure why they’ve been off this year, unless it’s the same thing a lot of teams are experiencing. Byard is great. Clowney typically something to have to game plan for. 

The defensive line will be a huge weakness for them if Simmons and Jones miss the game as expected (Clowney is technically an OLB in their system). But yeah I agree with you, their back 7 in particular looks really strong on paper. Not matching the stats/analytics so far.

I suspect their inside LBs and Landry haven't taken the next step as many thought they would and their outside CBs (Joseph and Butler) are living off their names from a few seasons ago. 

Also, is it possible that Casey was the straw that stirred their drink to an even larger extent than we thought? 

20 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

A new part of my traditional game week preparations (Bills podcasts, checking this thread every 5 min etc) this season has been scouting around on the opposing team's fan forums. Here's the link to Tennessee's Titans vs Bills thread if anyone's interested:

A few observations:

1) There seems to be one Bills fan who posts on there frequently whose name is Logical (is this you @Logic? lol). Whoever they are, they seem to have successfully stirred them up into a frenzy.

2) There are more references to 'sand' than I expected to find on a football message board.

3) There are a few trolls and a few reasonable posters as can be expected on any online platform, but in general I'm as unimpressed with these Titans fans than I was with the Jets fans in Week 1. A lot of lazy takes about Josh Allen being inaccurate/turning the ball over and the level of analysis/knowledge on the forum is rather poor. (Conversely, I thought the Raiders/Rams/Dolphins fans from the last three weeks were pretty realistic and knowledgeable.)

4) For being fans of a team whose lack of discipline/controls regarding COVID has put the entire league in doubt (and less importantly, could cost their team wins), no one seems to be that upset with the Titans organization. A few jokes about giving it to Josh Allen though...

5) Most posters seem high on Vrabel and the offense and less happy with the defense/special teams. Also mixed expectations for the returns of Taylor Lewan, AJ Brown, and Adoree Jackson from injury. 

No matter who is available for Tennessee, I like our guys and expect them to get the win on Sunday. Fingers crossed the game goes ahead safely and Go Bills!

Scanning the first couple of pages of the Titans board on the link you provided...they seem to be REALLY into his old tweets that resurfaced pre-draft.  Kind of odd considering Allen has played the Titans twice already (i.e. seems this would have been discussed 2 years ago and then moved on from).

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

A few observations:

Whoever it is, they need to knock it off. He's jinxing the crap out of us.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Does the announcing tree at CBS go any lower?  Sheesh.  I'd take Mowins and Barber over these yahoos.  Feely is the worst.

Here's the depth chart at CBS:

• Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
  • Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
  • Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
  • Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon
  • Andrew Catalon, James Lofton
  • Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
  • Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely
  • Beth Mowins, Tiki Barber

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Does the announcing tree at CBS go any lower?  Sheesh.  I'd take Mowins and Barber over these yahoos.  Feely is the worst.

HARD PASS.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Longing for the days of Spiro Gyra

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Interesting since both teams are undefeated . I wonder if it has to do with them not knowing if the game would take place until today ...

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1