Can someone explain why Browns catch wasn’t a TD?

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

you accept a bunch of rules being different at the goal line than the sideline 

This isn't really a debate about the rules. The rules say that was a touchdown. This is a discussion about an official's misinterpretation of the rules. 

2 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I can’t, looked good to me, two feet in and down possession across the line

So, they’re saying to complete the catch, he had to be tackled to the ground  and at that point the ball wasn’t over the goal line?   They are infuriating.  The replay system is supposed to get the call right and they frequently do not.  They also need to change the rule that a team needs to challenge if the call on the field is not a TD.  If it’s a play that might be a score, it should be reviewed the same as if the refs ruled a score on the field.

I’ll have to maybe watch the game again but I think the Bills were lucky to avoid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties a few times during skirmishes.  There was one where Taiwan Jones definitely threw a punch and a flag was thrown but then they just called a penalty on the Raiders for illegal block.  Another time, it looked like Norman thrust his hand into someone’s face mask and I’ve seen that called before.  And there was another with Diggs, where it looked like he took a swing and it took a couple teammates to get him out of there.

You will find it with the explanation of why Kroft's catch was an int.

6 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Simply baffling calls of late, I’m not sure what to make of these...cost me a fantasy win too. Double atrocious 

The NFL can't allow big market teams to get blown out so easily.  Why wasn't Carr's backward pass a fumble?

4 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Biggest thing was if you slow it down brown second foot is down and,the ball is over the line worst call was that they spotted the ball outside of the 1 yard line on the next play

This is the most annoying part. If they were going to somehow call that short, the ball needed to be placed literally with the nose all-but touching the goal line.

Allen should be sitting at 13 TD, 0 INT right now.

6 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

So were the commentators. At the end, one of the bozo’s said..”and Carr is ready to mount a comeback”. The Bills were getting ready to kneel on it.

The commentators made so many mistakes today.  One of them even just because they placed the score at 19-17, when the field goal only brought them to 17-16, and he just parroted it out vs. knowing what is the score and pointing it out.  That’s one example of several where they just weren’t paying attention to the game.

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The commentators made so many mistakes today.  One of them even just because they placed the score at 19-17, when the field goal only brought them to 17-16, and he just parroted it out vs. knowing what is the score and pointing it out.  That’s one example of several where they just weren’t paying attention to the game.

Your right, there was so many gaffs that it became comical. Lets not forget “C. J.” Yeldon. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mattynh said:

Honestly I thought there was a judgment call on when possession is established. Two feet and football move.  That was questionable to me.  Which goes to call on field. If it was called a td it would have stayed.  

do I think he scored?   Yes I do.  But they are super crazy about not overturning unless it is perfect evidence.  

I thought it was a waste of a to.  A second half to which should be treated as gold.   They qb sneaked it in.  Just move on save the to and score the td.  

yes. There was some remote chance of something terrible happening by running another play.  But you had to run it anyway. 

the going down thing. ....not sure what they were talking about.  

With the fact he double clutched the catch I completely see how the official ruled it on the field. I have no issue with that.  But replay was clear he had possession and the ball broke the plane.

7 hours ago, MPT said:

You don't need to make a football move if you're already in the end zone. Otherwise toe tap catches in the end zone would always be incomplete. 

Ok but you do have to “complete the catch”.  If you tie tap and then drop

the ball it won’t count.