We are being noticed.

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wrong. 

We were the second best defense in the league last year. We have the pieces, there is no reason it can't be ironed out. 

(That's not a guarantee it will be, but to say its behind is just too soon.)

We did lose 3 key pieces up front and perhaps our replacements are not “up to” the same tasks

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Suberbowl talk is fun but we are still a year away. Our defense needs to be the focus next off-season. We are 2 or 3 moves away imo.

After today, I am more worried about Bass than the defense. I dread that first game that comes down to needing him to make a FG to win at the final gun.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We did lose 3 key pieces up front and perhaps our replacements are not “up to” the same tasks

That’s possible, but Jefferson and Butler both showed out tonight. I think timing is the issue there. Besides, as good as Lawson and Phillips were last year- their success was widely because of the backend and the LB’s being so dang good. Once the back 7 get where they need to be, the front 4 will show up more. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

To quote the GOAT Chris Jericho "Drink it in maaaan!"

CBS graders for today: Bill's A

"The Bills' decision to trade for Stefon Diggs is continuing to look like one of the most brilliant moves of the offseason. Although Josh Allen had another great game, a big reason why he looked so good was because of Diggs, who caught six passes for 115 yards. As for Allen, he continued to play like an MVP candidate, throwing for 288 yards and two touchdowns. The Bills offense was so good in this game that it wasn't forced to punt for the first time until the second half. Defensively, the Bills are finally starting to get healthy and it's definitely showing on the field. The defense came up with two key turnovers in the second half that helped seal the win. Any Bills fans who were in Vegas to watch this game might want to make sure they bet on their team to win the Super Bowl before leaving town. "

:lol: 

Edited by Rico
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Suberbowl talk is fun but we are still a year away. Our defense needs to be the focus next off-season. We are 2 or 3 moves away imo.

I love how everyone's reacting negatively to this. Bills fans can't handle the truth. We're not beating Kansas City and probably not Baltimore or Seattle.

36 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

but will NBC give us more than a 1-second mention in the SNF halftime show?!?!?

The SNF halftime show isn't really a thing. They barely do any highlights.

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I love how everyone's reacting negatively to this. Bills fans can't handle the truth. We're not beating Kansas City and probably not Baltimore or Seattle.

Who are your Superbowl contenders?

The seahawks defense is worse than ours. Ravens just got destroyed by the chiefs and have a RB playing QB who has proven he can't win a big game.

Is there one Superbowl contender this year?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO (all it can be unless you agree and then it can be our opinion)

• Zo - major loss, unreplaceable by one person and efforts to replace in parts have been insufficient
  • Phillips - Made some great plays but played out of position to make many and needed to be covered by rest of defense; few fans this year so cheerleading effort not a factor
  • Lawson - He was improving in contract year and was not worth what he was asking for in a long term contract nor one year contract if tagged

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Maybe they won’t but the Bills are certainly capable of beating them. They have the weapons!

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

IMO (all it can be unless you agree and then it can be our opinion)

• Zo - major loss, unreplaceable by one person and efforts to replace in parts have been insufficient
  • Phillips - Made some great plays but played out of position to make many and needed to be covered by rest of defense; few fans this year so cheerleading effort not a factor
  • Lawson - He was improving in contract year and was not worth what he was asking for in a long term contract nor one year contract if tagged

I stand corrected, if we consider LB as well for front 7 then we lost 4/7 counting Zo and Star 

24 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Truth.  You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think

Any given Sunday.  We need to clean stuff up, but it’s not so far outside the realm of the possible to be justly labeled “truth”

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

None of us have any idea how this season ends.

IF, Mahomes goes down with a season ender ( not wishing it upon him) we are the Offensive team to beat.

We can beat ANY team in this league!!!!

Enjoy the ride Mafia Brother

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Why?  They have one of the best offenses in the league.  They can win now.  They have enough weapons to hang with KC and Baltimore.  And that is why I advocate for a trade now to help the defense get after the passer.  

1 hour ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Based on how the rest of the league is playing - we are 100% playing at a level to be considered SB contenders.

That being said - it is very clear that we need:

1) Another Star LB if we're going to have a 3rd on the field that often - or get the hybrid safety/cb/lb freak of nature

2) A BIG DT to each up space and double teams 

3) Figure out of CB situation 

4) How to get pressure on the QB with our 4man run and how to NOT get ripped on every single blitz.... because it's getting to be an issue.

But man.... for this to be our only problems (outside of needing to put teams away instead of leaving a sliver of a chance to come back) is just a great feeling. We should be noticed.

1)  Did we have 3 on the field very often?  I didn't notice it.

2)  We already have when Starr is back

3)  Maybe it's Norman, but can easily find a potential high end starting as a rookie CB even if drafting #32

4)  Agree we need to be better at putting pressure on the QB. This one could be the hardest to fix as not sure you can get a future super star pass risher drafting low nor do teams       let really good ones go as a FA and not sure we could afford to sign one if there was one available.

2 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'm not sold on this defense, but the guy is not wrong about Allen and Diggs.  The Diggs trade is looking like a total steal.

The D tightened up a little today.  Hopefully they keep getting it together.

53 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why?  They have one of the best offenses in the league.  They can win now.  They have enough weapons to hang with KC and Baltimore.  And that is why I advocate for a trade now to help the defense get after the passer.  

Do we have the Cap Space for that.