Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Interesting.  I honestly thought this was his second worst game of the season 

Hard disagree. It was his most consistent game of the season. Against the Jets and Dolphins and Rams there were periods where our offense was stagnant. This game he had a couple missed throws like any QB but overall great game from start to finish. He took exactly ONE bad sack. The only reason it wasn't his best game of the season (that would be the Dolphins game) is because it didn't need to be.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's an A performance. If you're docking him for one mistake you're not being realistic.

I think the pass to Diggs was a TD if thrown better, and the fast balls to Motor and on another drop (can't recall who) may have been completions if there was a little taken off them. But this is nitpicking. I like the A- score.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hard disagree. It was his most consistent game of the season. Against the Jets and Dolphins and Rams there were periods where our offense was stagnant. This game he had a couple missed throws like any QB but overall great game from start to finish. He took exactly ONE bad sack. The only reason it wasn't his best game of the season (that would be the Dolphins game) is because it didn't need to be.

Bingo. Josh played nigh flawless. He didn't drop 50 because the game didn't flow that way, but he made play after play after play.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The bad sack wasn’t great and he did that against the Jets.  But his accuracy was off this game.  I’m not looking at the stats, as there were definitely drops. I’m talking about his ball placement.  He was slightly behind and low on a lot of throws.  The deep ball to Diggs could’ve been a TD with a better throw.   

Now, keep in mind, I’m grading him compared to who he’s been this season.  It’s still a B+ game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Trekking said:

He threw away a few downs instead of trying to play hero pointlessly and lose yards. He did that on only one down trying to make the third and long and lost us a field goal attempt.  Everything else was pretty great. Long. Short. The reads. Can’t complain about any of that. I say that’s progress on an already great season. 

I said to my wife each and every time he threw those balls away - the guy we just suffered watching from 1pm till 4pm today does that ALLLL the time.  JA is learning to do the same!!!  If he continues this trajectory?  Wow and wow.

Go BILLS!!!!

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The bad sack wasn’t great and he did that against the Jets.  But his accuracy was off this game.  I’m not looking at the stats, as there were definitely drops. I’m talking about his ball placement.  He was slightly behind and low on a lot of throws.  The deep ball to Diggs could’ve been a TD with a better throw.   

Now, keep in mind, I’m grading him compared to who he’s been this season.  It’s still a B+ game. 

He had maybe 2 tough throws on the screens/dump offs. Thought his downfield accuracy was pretty good.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

70.5%?

Edited by PrimeTime101

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't even have words for this foolishness

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1