Josh Allen - week FOUR report card

rayray808

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

24/34 - 71% completion - 288 yards - 2 TDs passing - 1 TD rushing - 0 turnovers

He had one bad play. That's it. So for those who want to harp on the late sack he took that got us out of field goal range, here is me recognizing that yes, it was a bad play. Now let's move on to the rest of the game...

Unreal accuracy and poise shown today. The bad drops today didn't break him and cause the offense to unravel like it has done in the past. Just darts all over the field. The fastball and change up was working. Short passes. Deep passes. He had it all. The what should have been TD pass to John Brown as just amazing. The laser to Beasley was a throw not many in the league could make. There was no trickery, and broken plays needed. Josh Allen did it with his arm today.

There was a moment after he got hurt where the season flashed before my eyes. If he would have broken his collarbone I honestly have no idea where we would be as a team. Perhaps that "Plan B" is something we should start thinking about as the W's pile up?

This now marks 4 games in a row where we saw Josh Allen the passer. Josh Allen the franchise QB. Josh Allen the AFC offensive player of the month. Josh Allen... the potential MVP.

GO BILLS!

Edited by rayray808
  • Like (+1) 28
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

He threw away a few downs instead of trying to play hero pointlessly and lose yards. He did that on only one down trying to make the third and long and lost us a field goal attempt.  Everything else was pretty great. Long. Short. The reads. Can’t complain about any of that. I say that’s progress on an already great season. 

Edited by Trekking

I support the A-.

the sack was bad. 
Only throw Josh wants back is the long ball to Diggs. Great play by Diggs to high point it but his initial route was so amazing Josh could have laid the ball out ten yards further to the right and it’s an easy TD . 

• Like (+1) 3

A- based on the sack, and some of the choppiness in the third quarter, which I think can be explained away as caused by the injury. All in all a good game. 

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Would be great to play KC with us both being undefeated. All eyes will be on that game. KC will be favs regardless but would be great if we can give them a good game and throw a few vicious body shots

That's the kind of game you get points for just showing up in, but I think we could beat them if we have things cooking... 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JY422 said:

I support the A-.

the sack was bad. 
Only throw Josh wants back is the long ball to Diggs. Great play by Diggs to high point it but his initial route was so amazing Josh could have laid the ball out ten yards further to the right and it’s an easy TD . 

Bad sack yes but it saved Bass from another missed attempt which would really have Bills Fandom on his case and wreck his confidence.  So bad =  smart.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

A- based on the sack, and some of the choppiness in the third quarter, which I think can be explained away as caused by the injury. All in all a good game. 

That's the kind of game you get points for just showing up in, but I think we could beat them if we have things cooking... 

It is nice having the Bills talked about more. Not because I give a ***** what the media thinks of us but because it's refreshing to be relevant again after so many years of being an afterthought. That KC game will be hyped up anyway, but if they're both undefeated the build up will be insane

• Like (+1) 3