Remote viewing of games using Google Chrome through Geo locating with CBS All Access and Fox.com

Just Jack

47 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So what do you think will  happen if I go to CBSAA on my other TV that doesn't have a ROKU attached so would be accessing directly through the app on my TV.  Once I set it in the ROKU will all my usage points use the Buffalo location?  Or will others default to real location of TV or will direct access  on TV still open Buffalo station?  It probably wouldn't matter as can just use the one TV with the ROKU for all Bills games as long as accessing on TV app doesn't reset all devices including ROKU to location of TV

I don't know, try it and let us know. 

44 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you're going to all the trouble to spoof your IP, why not just watch readily available streams?

I don't like pop ups or malware. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Just Jack changed the title to Remote viewing of games using Google Chrome through Geo locating with CBS All Access and Fox.com
  • 2 months later...

Being out of market and wanting to watch the Bills, I read through several of these types of posts. From a security perspective, this approach made the most sense to me. And it worked well last Sunday for the Pittsburgh game on CBS. Hopefully it will also work okay for the Miami game on Fox this weekend.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Has anyone ever had an actual problem with streaming sites and their ISP? I've never heard of any problems for streamers, only downloaders and distributors.

I couldn't get a reliable stream for the Squeelers Bills game.  They were blipping like crazy.  Enjoyed the Russian feed for a while....

7 hours ago, hammer2427 said:

Being out of market and wanting to watch the Bills, I read through several of these types of posts. From a security perspective, this approach made the most sense to me. And it worked well last Sunday for the Pittsburgh game on CBS. Hopefully it will also work okay for the Miami game on Fox this weekend.

So how do you get the Fox feed to live stream??  I've never had any luck getting the Fox Buffalo station to watch live online.  Someone suggested Fox live streaming only works with certain browsers??  Didn't have any better luck with Fox Miami either this past weekend.

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Has anyone ever had an actual problem with streaming sites and their ISP? I've never heard of any problems for streamers, only downloaders and distributors.

I haven't had a problem with my ISP, but one time my desktop got infected with some groovy computer viruses and trojans that took the better part of a weekend to eradicate.

Since then, I stream only using a virtual Linux box on a Windows computer or (better yet) an old laptop we have running Linux Mint. 

So essentially you're just changing the location of your browser and using your paid sub, correct?  Would this also work with a VPN?

I've done mostly booter feeds the past couple years, but I might go back to (paying) DTV ST this year.  I'm sitting on the couch with a broken ankle, so "feed reliability" is at the top of the list for me :D 

2 hours ago, Heitz said:

So essentially you're just changing the location of your browser and using your paid sub, correct?  Would this also work with a VPN?

I've done mostly booter feeds the past couple years, but I might go back to (paying) DTV ST this year.  I'm sitting on the couch with a broken ankle, so "feed reliability" is at the top of the list for me :D 

This is in place of a VPN.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/4/2020 at 4:33 PM, Just Jack said:

@Cinga posted this a while ago, and I went through and tested it, hopefully this will help those that find themselves unable to get the games on their local CBS station.

If we ever meet, Mr. Just Jack, I will not simply buy you a drink for this - it will be dinner, drinks for the entire evening and a bottle of bourbon to send you on your way. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

On 9/16/2021 at 6:16 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So how do you get the Fox feed to live stream??  I've never had any luck getting the Fox Buffalo station to watch live online.  Someone suggested Fox live streaming only works with certain browsers??  Didn't have any better luck with Fox Miami either this past weekend.

I'd also like to know.

I can change my geo location to Buffalo from California and get my google searches to search for Buffalo pizza places but the Fox live stream still gives me the local fox station. This is with using google chrome browser. Any suggestions would be great since the game is less than 48 hrs away now.

• Agree 1