WTF

Foxx

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure that is a misrepresentation of their conversation.

Also, pretty sure you realize that.  Which puts your post on par with that which you rail against.

come again?  Here is SDS’s description of DR’s pm conversation:

The PM ***** storm that I got pulled into had to do with DR continually accusing another member of child abuse, which DR doubled down on. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

come again?  Here is SDS’s description of DR’s pm conversation:

He also stated elsewhere that upon receiving further information that his initial take (which you quote) did not accurately represent what was conveyed in the PMs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

He also stated elsewhere that upon receiving further information that his initial take (which you quote) did not accurately represent what was conveyed in the PMs.

feel free to share/quote that.  I’m unaware of that

Just now, Crayola64 said:

14 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

5th post down on 3rd page of the "additional information regarding the actions taken thread:"

"As for this part, I do my best to be correct in these situations and for this I owe DR somewhat of an apology. I reread the messages yet again and he did not accuse another member of actually being a pedophile himself, but (paraphrasing) that the member supports those causes and that’s what the member stands for.

The technical misrepresentation is completely my fault and I own that. However, the distinction between the two is rather small and the sentiment is essentially the same.

Thank you for pointing it out. "

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

5th post down on 3rd page of the "additional information regarding the actions taken thread:"

"As for this part, I do my best to be correct in these situations and for this I owe DR somewhat of an apology. I reread the messages yet again and he did not accuse another member of actually being a pedophile himself, but (paraphrasing) that the member supports those causes and that’s what the member stands for.

The technical misrepresentation is completely my fault and I own that. However, the distinction between the two is rather small and the sentiment is essentially the same.

Awwwww snap you went there. 

(and corrected the record) 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s been going on for many years. It’s just now gotten to the point where the media has dropped all pretense and are openly supporting one political candidate. I can’t believe the Left doesn’t realize how dangerous this is. It’s just a matter of time before that bullhorn will be turned on them. Fools!

This anti media conspiracy crusade is ridiculous. There is nothing "left" about "the media". In a capitalist structure, the media is a for profit enterprise. The CEO of the largest media companies in the world could give two ***** about right vs left politics. They care about what sells. What sells more than any other thing? Sensationalism and rivalry.

Anyone who lived through 9/11 saw all of the bull#### pro USA military propaganda on every single news network for years. "Operation Terror Takedown", Threat level watches, etc. The media may by and large present stories to the political left of Trump's right wing, and even GW's right wing, but that hardly makes them the leftist crusaders that they're being painted as. There's two big reasons for this: money & education.

Pursuing a career where you need consumers to buy your product, you lose a lot of addressable market when you have exclusionary stances that are required of conservatives. In order to have a strong market while promoting exclusionary stances, it's usually required that you market exclusively to that base. When people refer to "liberal media" the first thing that comes to my mind is inclusive. It's less about left vs right than it is about right vs the rest.

The second point is education. It shouldn't be a divisive  or controversial topic by now that the more education you have the more likely you are to gravitate away from conservatism. Conservatives often say that this is part of a conspiracy on behalf of professors to turn everyone into marxists. The simpler reason, and the one everyone I've ever met has experienced, is that when you leave a small town that no one ever leaves, and you have Vietnamese food for the first time, you tend to see the world in a different light. Things that used to seem foreign and scary start to become part of your everyday life and you begin to cherish them. You meet people that speak more languages than you, eat different foods, pray differently or not at all, come from drastically different family structures and you start to appreciate how your upbringing was probably not representative of the world at large. People that become journalists and writers tend to have these experiences. It doesn't mean everyone walks away less conservative, but it makes it more likely. 

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

thanks for correcting.  Did not see that.  Though it still sounds like he is accusing people of stuff privately in PM...but maybe he did those things on the message board too?  

7 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

thanks for correcting.  Did not see that.  Though it still sounds like he is accusing people of stuff privately in PM...but maybe he did those things on the message board too?  

I PMed DR to ask him to stop accusing me of child abuse. DR went on in multiple PMs to me about how I support child abuse and that is what I stand for. I continued to ask him to stop, but he continued his charade. I added SDS to the conversation and he told both DR and I to STFU about it.

I STFU about it.

DR did whatever he did afterward.

This was months ago.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I PMed DR to ask him to stop accusing me of child abuse. DR went on in multiple PMs to me about how I support child abuse and that is what I stand for. I continued to ask him to stop, but he continued his charade. I added SDS to the conversation and he told both DR and I to STFU about it.

I STFU about it.

DR did whatever he did afterward.

This was months ago.

good lord.  When I caught DR in a lie about him watching Cuties (his claims about it matched a viral post that wasn’t accurate), he kept rambling about what I was defending and what I was promoting or something.

Maniac 

26 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

good lord.  When I caught DR in a lie about him watching Cuties (his claims about it matched a viral post that wasn’t accurate), he kept rambling about what I was defending and what I was promoting or something.

Maniac 

Interesting. 
I engaged in a little gentle ribbing with DR on this, posting an old Onion headline: “Area man appears to know too much about age

of consent laws.”

He seemed to be extremely offended by that ... 

8 hours ago, westside2 said:

I'm still here😊

I was referring to those that said they were leaving 

👍

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

@Hapless Bills Fan

please close this thread, thank you.

too much character assassination without the character being able to defend himself.

PSSSST 

AS THE OP 

you can edit the op, go into the moderator options and delete the thread. 

Your welcome.  

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

👍

PSSSST 

AS THE OP 

Your welcome.  

..who asked you?...NOBODY EVER DOES...SMH......

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

👍

PSSSST 

AS THE OP 

Your welcome.  

had i wanted the thread deleted, i would have done so. far be it from me to remove the labor of everyone's efforts within this thread, even those i don't agree with.

since @Hapless Bills Fan won't close this thread, @Chandler#81will you please close this thread, thank you. 

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

had i wanted the thread deleted, i would have done so. far be it from me to remove the labor of everyone's efforts within this thread, even those i don't agree with.

since @Hapless Bills Fan won't close this thread, @Chandler#81will you please close this thread, thank you. 

Gee, you mean there's a difference between closing/ locking a thread & deleting one?  :rolleyes:

Really don't understand why ANY thread should get deleted unless it was truly vile from the very 1st post.  That said, totally get why the people that like to delete threads here tend to do so.

• Thank you (+1) 2