WTF

Foxx

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

As I said, he would obtain nuggets of genuine truth but then draw outlandish conclusions.  I'm still waiting for the Clinton circle to go to jail. 

I liked speaking with him because he made me think about things, but never once did I get the feeling that he might be on to something.  There are certain beliefs he held that simply made his commentary indigestible at times.  His inability to reconcile the discrepancies I would point out did not help his cause either.  

"Question everything."  DR would be one of the first people to tell you that.  So I applied that to him and his commentary, and he often failed the test.  

Have you had the chance to read the declassified documents that have been coming out? Don't believe DR, just read the documents and make up your own mind.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Have you had the chance to read the declassified documents that have been coming out? Don't believe DR, just read the documents and make up your own mind.

No.  I'm kind of busy with law school and all that jazz.  But if you care to share one of these recent documents I might be able to read it in my (very small amount of) free time and get back to you.  

Not trying to give you the go around.  Honestly my free time is very limited and I'd rather spend it on other things, but I'm always open to learning more about the shitshow that is the current world.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

It wasn't social media that took him down that road.  It was researching a project he was working on that had him speaking w/ a bunch of MI types which then morphed into a desire to try to prove 45 was colluding with Russian intelligence.

Only problem was, along the way, he found out it wasn't 45's team that was colluding with the Russians.  He was 3 years ahead of info that's been getting made public through declassifications & the like.  He's caught a tremendous amount of flack for his takes the past 3 years.  Thing is, in Russiagate & Spygate he's actually been shown to be far more right than wrong.

He still has his wild alien conspiracies too, but he was correct about a lot of stuff on this.  Not all of it, but a lot of it.  And if you look at the testimony that people gave under oath to the HSCI regarding Russian collusion versus what they say when not under oath on the cable news shows, he really has been a truly valuable resource.  He's still the same good guy he was when he was voting for 44, but he's seen a lot of stuff we haven't had access to.

(Sorry for the rambling response.  This board lost a very good asset when Greg was sent to the sidelines.)

Not rambling, well said. 

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

I've always enjoyed your takes, I think you're a smart poster and a good person. But, I have to disagree with you on this. I don't believe DR had a psychotic break or anything like that. If you really want to see what a real break looks like, look at the radical left the last four years. I was a lifelong democrat who left the party because the party left me. DR has always been a good guy, he was respectful, patient and willing to admit when he's wrong. The numerous trolls who sprouted up the last few months were after him like a pack of hyenas. Everything he posted, they mocked, ridiculed and just kept it up.

I haven't seen you down here too much in PPP. Don't believe what these trolls are saying about him. This board has lost a good source who knew what he was talking about. It's sad some people in charge just can't see that.

Well said also.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

It wasn't social media that took him down that road.  It was researching a project he was working on that had him speaking w/ a bunch of MI types which then morphed into a desire to try to prove 45 was colluding with Russian intelligence.

Only problem was, along the way, he found out it wasn't 45's team that was colluding with the Russians.  He was 3 years ahead of info that's been getting made public through declassifications & the like.  He's caught a tremendous amount of flack for his takes the past 3 years.  Thing is, in Russiagate & Spygate he's actually been shown to be far more right than wrong.

He still has his wild alien conspiracies too, but he was correct about a lot of stuff on this.  Not all of it, but a lot of it.  And if you look at the testimony that people gave under oath to the HSCI regarding Russian collusion versus what they say when not under oath on the cable news shows, he really has been a truly valuable resource.  He's still the same good guy he was when he was voting for 44, but he's seen a lot of stuff we haven't had access to.

(Sorry for the rambling response.  This board lost a very good asset when Greg was sent to the sidelines.)

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

4 hours ago, westside2 said:

I started typing a long post in response to this and realized I was wasting my breath.

I've wasted my time reading some of the crap DR and others have posted here. Ultimately, you guys (I include you because you reference him) just love to cherry pick often without context. 

That's my biggest finding when reading some of these documents I wish I didn't waste my time reading.

You're so fascinated with the bark on the tree you've lost the forest surrounding it.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, Rob's House said:

On a side note, and not that it really matters, but DR isn't a political idealogue. There seems to be a perception that he's a right winger hell bent on "owning the libs," but the truth is that he's not terribly conservative and for the bulk of the time he's been posting here he's been more aligned with the left.

He's one of the few people I know who tends to view issues individually and self-assess based on new information. Whether his information is correct is up to debate, but he's a very curious individual who is not married to any political party or preconceived point of view.

That was my only problem with DR in that he pretended to be neutral but his posting history suggested to me he was closer to a libertarian.  At least since I joined when the BBMB just disappeared.  He would twist himself in pretzels to defend Trump no matter what.  That's just a personal critique though and I don't know enough about happened to see if he deserved to get banned or not.  He's always been respectful to me though.

7 hours ago, westside2 said:

There are exceptions to every rule; however, those who are already firm in their indoctrination or opinion, will NEVER seek out information that may prove them wrong. Instead; they will gravitate to and absorb information from sources that share their opinions because it’s comfortable. 

So; when someone on here tells you that they’ve read the Mueller report or read these documents in their entirety but somehow still have the same opinion of the situation; you know that they’re lying to you. Not only that; but 3/4 of the people who tell you they’ve skimmed them struggle with the terminology so they didn’t take anything away from it anyway. 

It is a psychological fact that human beings seek to feel comfortable, even if their comfort is based on lies. It is less likely that you are actually interacting with someone who holds no political bias than it is that you are interacting with someone who does hold political bias even though they tell you they’re not. 

It is also a psychological fact that those who have to constantly broadcast to others that they are or are not X; actually are the opposite of what they say to a degree. 

I guess what I’m getting at is; stop wasting your time with some of these people here. Is it really worth you getting all worked up? You’re not going to change their minds. You won’t sway their opinion and they certainly aren’t going to admit they’re wrong.

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

There are exceptions to every rule; however, those who are already firm in their indoctrination or opinion, will NEVER seek out information that may prove them wrong. Instead; they will gravitate to and absorb information from sources that share their opinions because it’s comfortable. 

So; when someone on here tells you that they’ve read the Mueller report or read these documents in their entirety but somehow still have the same opinion of the situation; you know that they’re lying to you. Not only that; but 3/4 of the people who tell you they’ve skimmed them struggle with the terminology so they didn’t take anything away from it anyway. 

It is a psychological fact that human beings seek to feel comfortable, even if their comfort is based on lies. It is less likely that you are actually interacting with someone who holds no political bias than it is that you are interacting with someone who does hold political bias even though they tell you they’re not. 

It is also a psychological fact that those who have to constantly broadcast to others that they are or are not X; actually are the opposite of what they say to a degree. 

I guess what I’m getting at is; stop wasting your time with some of these people here. Is it really worth you getting all worked up? You’re not going to change their minds. You won’t sway their opinion and they certainly aren’t going to admit they’re wrong.

Thank you.  This is why the media are the biggest villians in all of this. If they were honest and non-partisan like they are supposed to be, then we wouldn't have half the country living in an alternate fake reality. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I started typing a long post in response to this and realized I was wasting my breath.

I've wasted my time reading some of the crap DR and others have posted here. Ultimately, you guys (I include you because you reference him) just love to cherry pick often without context. 

That's my biggest finding when reading some of these documents I wish I didn't waste my time reading.

You're so fascinated with the bark on the tree you've lost the forest surrounding it.

You worry about wasting time but then bother to write the post above instead of just saying "I like my head in the sand". 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Thank you.  This is why the media are the biggest villians in all of this. If they were honest and non-partisan like they are supposed to be, then we wouldn't have half the country living in an alternate fake reality. 

It’s been going on for many years. It’s just now gotten to the point where the media has dropped all pretense and are openly supporting one political candidate. I can’t believe the Left doesn’t realize how dangerous this is. It’s just a matter of time before that bullhorn will be turned on them. Fools!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

You are correct. It does not take a terminal degree to realize that news today is a tool used to shape the opinions and minds of those receiving it. Educators and celebrities are guilty of this as well. Personally; I feel if an educator is sharing their opinion on political and social issues with students; it’s not education. It’s a deliberate attempt to hijack developing minds. They cloak it with 46 different virtue signaling terms to make it sound as if there is some special benefit for the collective. 

We have people who look to those influencers for information and guidance instead of relying on their own cognitive ability to discern and getting information from sources who are qualified to provide them. Instead of people building their own opinions based on what they’ve taken the time to learn and understand; they prefer to have those opinions downloaded into their brains by others. It’s quick and requires the least amount of work. Since society is now largely an instant gratification society; influencers and manipulators have harnessed the power of persuasion for gain. For those who do not adhere to the accepted methods; they are ridiculed and mocked for daring to deviate from them.

Here we are. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

You say about a guy who accused another poster of abusing children to SDS through a PM

Wtf?  That's what happened?  How on earth does a person let someone on the internet get to them that much?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

You say about a guy who accused another poster of abusing children to SDS through a PM

Pretty sure that is a misrepresentation of their conversation.

Also, pretty sure you realize that.  Which puts your post on par with that which you rail against.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1