Will Trump Be Healthy Enough to Run (and Serve)?

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/02/as-the-clock-starts-ticking-after-coronavirus-infection-trump-faces-an-uncertain-road-ahead/

The disease course for elderly obese men is troubling, although the odds are on his side.

“In elderly patients, you … may not see the fevers. You may not see the sort of classic Covid symptoms. You may just see that someone’s falling asleep more. That could be the start of it,” Swamy said. “But that’s really hard to make sense of because that doesn’t mean that every elderly person who’s falling asleep has Covid.’’

Ranney said she diagnosed Covid-19 in “so many” elderly patients during Rhode Island’s spring crush of cases who didn’t appear to have the disease. For instance, they did not have the shortness of breath many think of as the defining feature of Covid-19 infection. In fact, the infections were only caught because the hospital was testing anyone who came to the emergency room for care.

“They show up being just a little confused or a little off. A little fatigued. A little dizzy,” she said.

Still, that doesn’t mean Trump won’t develop more severe symptoms seen in some Covid-19 cases. A patient might be hospitalized if they experience shortness of breath and other signs of low oxygen — including levels in the low 90s on a home pulse oximeter — or an unrelenting fever. Once in the hospital, patients can be treated with drugs to prevent the serious blood clots common in Covid-19, as well as a new antiviral and an old steroid.

Covid chart

But it's now necessary for prospective voters -- who are voting right now in a number of states, and will be shortly in many others -- have full information on the health of the candidate. Even if he does recovery in relatively short order, COVID-19 may have long term repercussions that would impact his ability to serve. We are 31 days away from November 3. This is no longer an issue of medical privacy of citizen Trump; it is a question of whether he is fit to serve now, and fit enough to be reelected. Sharing FULL medical information is a necessity. If that doesn't happen, there is no way voters should check the box for him. He simply may not be able to serve.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/12/after-covid19-mental-neurological-effects-smolder/

Even people who were never sick enough to go to a hospital, much less lie in an ICU bed with a ventilator, report feeling something as ill-defined as “Covid fog” or as frightening as numbed limbs. They’re unable to carry on with their lives, exhausted by crossing the street, fumbling for words, or laid low by depression, anxiety, or PTSD.

As many as 1 in 3 patients recovering from Covid-19 could experience neurological or psychological after-effects of their infections, experts told STAT, reflecting a growing consensus that the disease can have lasting impact on the brain. Beyond the fatigue felt by “long haulers” as they heal post-Covid, these neuropsychological problems range from headache, dizziness, and lingering loss of smell or taste to mood disorders and deeper cognitive impairment. Dating to early reports from China and Europe, clinicians have seen people suffer from depression and anxiety. Muscle weakness and nerve damage sometimes mean they can’t walk.

“It’s not only an acute problem. This is going to be a chronic illness,” said Wes Ely, a pulmonologist and critical care physician at Vanderbilt University Medical Center who studies delirium during intensive care stays. “The problem for these people is not over when they leave the hospital.”

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You know how you can tell an asshat from a good poster? 

Someone who starts a needless thread when there are literally at least four other ones in which this can go. 

Welcome back. Come the revolution, please make sure to tell me all about it.

It isn't the same as any other thread. It is a question: a seriously ill elderly man in the hospital, suffering from a disease with (in his demographic) perhaps a 10% or higher mortality rate, that also may have long-ranging mental acuity repercussions even if he recovers from this acute crisis ... with election day 31 days away.

I'm sure that if Biden were in the hospital now you would be the last one to question whether he's sufficiently fit to serve as President ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's a special: "LOOK AT ME! I NEED ATTENTION" post by the board's newest chief Asshat. :lol: 

It's fun to watch such a dumb man go through such lengths  to prove how incalculably dumb he truly is.  

And look who is giving the thread life?

Look who is trying to dismiss the author and not the subject?

@The Frankish Reich - please by all means - go nuclear.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's a special: "LOOK AT ME! I NEED ATTENTION" post by the board's newest chief Asshat. :lol: 

It's fun to watch such a dumb man go through such lengths  to prove how incalculably dumb he truly is.  

Says the man with the smart Mickey Mouse smartwatch .. hey, don't you have somewhere you gotta be?

Seriously, Trump has -- by any reasonable calculation -- about a 10% chance of DYING, and a far greater chance of having lasting serious mental and physical health complications. And you want to just ignore that. Or say it should be buried in a thread about something else.

r/Qult_Headquarters - Q drop 4730: It's (almost) 2:00 according to Mickey Mouse!

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Compared to.......a 78 year old who’s beginning to slide into dementia?

Right now that argument isn't really the best for the Trump side, is it?

One guy is (shock!) on the campaign trail, feeling fine; the other is in a hospital bed (err, hospital office) showing troubling vital signs.

Seriously, we need to know if Trump is in any shape to running for reelection now.

You could have put this in any number of threads. It would be just as forgettable and stupid in those threads as it would be on its own. But, the asshat would rather ***** up the board like a pelican because he's in desperate need for attention. 

It's funny to witness a grown man continually make an ass out of himself in public. :lol: 

(note: he can't dispute this fact, so he's back to arguing with himself because it's the only trick in his bag.)

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You could have put this in any number of threads. It would be just as forgettable and stupid in those threads as it would be on its own. But, the asshat would rather ***** up the board like a pelican because he's in desperate need for attention. 

It's funny to witness a grown man continually make an ass out of himself in public. :lol: 

(note: he can't dispute this fact, so he's back to arguing with himself because it's the only trick in his bag.)

Says the man who started the infamous threads:

- The Deep State war is on!

- Q Analysis!

-All Roads Lead to Ukraine!

All of which could have been subsumed in the accurate title, "My Conspiracy Theories About Why Everyone Is Out to Get Trump and Why He Will Vanquish All Enemies With My Invaluable Assistance"

I started ONE here -- meant for objective information on Trump and Melania testing COVID positive -- and then this one, meant to discuss whether someone at Trump's age and in his condition is fit to run and serve.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm sure that if Biden were in the hospital now you would be the last one to question whether he's sufficiently fit to serve as President ...

I would question whether he is sufficiently fit to serve as President if he ran a marathon every day. 

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

10% chance of dying? Based on what metric?

Unless Trump is over 80 and in an old folks home, his chance of dying would have been about 1% had he not had access to state of the art medicine.

You start here -- at about 5 % for someone in Trump's age group:

https://www.businessinsider.com/chart-shows-trump-age-obesity-increase-coronavirus-risk-2020-10

You add in that he's male.

Then that he's obese (although he would claim "borderline")

Then that he is actually ill with the disease

It is a ballpark figure, but any sensible researcher would put him in a roughly 10% category. And they have been.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Out of all the newer posters, he’s not as bad.  I’ll engage with users who don’t simply post memes like billstime or who are simply here to troll .

Thank you. Glad to know I'm not among the worst.

This is meant to be a provocative -- not trolling! -- post. I've had fun with other ones, but this is a serious discussion that really can't be avoided. 

I notice DR does not want to engage at all on the merits but rather just chooses to flame me, which is generally a sign that he doesn't have much to say on the substance.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You start here -- at about 5 % for someone in Trump's age group:

https://www.businessinsider.com/chart-shows-trump-age-obesity-increase-coronavirus-risk-2020-10

You add in that he's male.

Then that he's obese (although he would claim "borderline")

Then that he is actually ill with the disease

It is a ballpark figure, but any sensible researcher would put him in a roughly 10% category. And they have been.

Not a fan of business insider.  I’ve seen stats from

reputable sources showing 70 year olds and up being a little higher but not even close to 10%, even taking into account the extra weight.  If trump was a smoker or had diabetes, that number would make sense.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I've had fun with other ones

But, you said just a few minutes ago this was your first one... 

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I started ONE here 

Oops. Liars gonna lie. 

And you also said it was meant to be objective... 

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I started ONE here -- meant for objective information on Trump and Melania testing COVID positive -- 

Then 10 minutes later admit you were trying to be proactive -- which is NOT objective... 

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is meant to be a provocative --

You're so full of shite you can't even keep up with your own bullshite positions. 

Carry on being a dishonest asshat. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

It’s interesting that billstime likes the posts where I treat her/him/they/it as a troll.  It’s almost like it relishes in being a clown.  

Some people should find a hobby.

Oh precious I’m just laughing at you. Get it right champ

Just now, BillStime said:

Oh precious I’m just laughing at you. Get it right champ

Laughing at me why precisely? What amuses you? What’s sadder, me spending sometime engaging in discussions or you just pushing out memes that were fed to you by your handlers ?