Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

34 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Reminds me of the time the Bills won the Superbowl with the prisoner who got shot in the Shawnshank Redemption as the quarterback. 

"Give em' hell Heller".  Forget the name of the movie.  It was all defense.  Defense wins championships!  Good flick!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Cam is apparently the only Patriot to test positive.  If that's the case, why is the game not being played?

Incubation period.  If no Patriots or Chiefs test positive tomorrow then the Pats will travel to KC to play a game on Monday or Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

If all it takes is one player to postpone a game, if I have a star player who needs a couple extra days in order to play, I’d sign literally anyone with COVID to the team.  Automatic 2 day reprieve.

That is kinda interesting. You could potentially game the system if needed.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Incubation period.  If no Patriots or Chiefs test positive tomorrow then the Pats will travel to KC to play a game on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks Doc !!!

45 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Pry can merge this with this thread.  I'm guessing they'll delay this game too.

As more players get tested  positive almost on daily basis  I hope this doesn’t derail the entire season !!! 

Edited by Putin

While I don't agree that all teams need to go into a bubble, I do agree that with the schedule as it is now the season has 0 chance of finishing. The NFL ****ed up big time by not giving teams multiple bye weeks to allow for flexibility when games need to be rescheduled. This was so easy to see coming.

1 minute ago, Process said:

While I don't agree that all teams need to go into a bubble, I do agree that with the schedule as it is now the season has 0 chance of finishing. The NFL ****ed up big time by not giving teams multiple bye weeks to allow for flexibility when games need to be rescheduled. This was so easy to see coming.

It would be wise to take immediate action leaguewide. Configure a smarter, more cautious plan in an effort to ensure a complete and valid season. The other sports did it. I know the NFL is a more complex and expensive beast, but the money is there to make it happen. The TV money faucet isn't gonna run dry.

• Like (+1) 1

Talking scientific with no political intent. How in the world does a very outgoing QB1 get it, practice with his team all week and not spread it to anyone else? It seriously makes no scientific sense. The players are not wearing masks on the field. Presuming they huddle in practice. Presuming the quarterback "room" is indeed a room. Presuming he has long conversations with his coaches while Hoyer is right next to him. Presuming he meets with his WRs. If the team is taking such great caution in their practices and meetings throughout the week, I think they owe it to the rest of the league to say how they did so well.

11 minutes ago, scribo said:

Talking scientific with no political intent. How in the world does a very outgoing QB1 get it, practice with his team all week and not spread it to anyone else? It seriously makes no scientific sense. The players are not wearing masks on the field. Presuming they huddle in practice. Presuming the quarterback "room" is indeed a room. Presuming he has long conversations with his coaches while Hoyer is right next to him. Presuming he meets with his WRs. If the team is taking such great caution in their practices and meetings throughout the week, I think they owe it to the rest of the league to say how they did so well.

I think that’s an underlying point being overlooked in all of this - preventing spread is doable with precautions. We’ll see what happens, but we would then have 2 examples where testing and protocols worked, and one cluster you know what in Tennessee...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Billl said:

If all it takes is one player to postpone a game, if I have a star player who needs a couple extra days in order to play, I’d sign literally anyone with COVID to the team.  Automatic 2 day reprieve.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That is kinda interesting. You could potentially game the system if needed.

I'm pretty sure there is a waiting period on signing new players.  Cuz, you know, Covid protocols?  I'm 100% sure a virus screening is required procedure before letting any new player through your doors, like comon think about it for two seconds.

Also can anyone save me 22 pages of scanning and tell me if anyone knows the circumstances around Newton getting it?  I absolutely wouldn't be surprised to hear that he was out partying or something. 

• Like (+1) 1