Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

MLB has greater schedule flexibility. 

I get that part. I wasn't talking about the scheduling I was more talking about players testing positive. MLB had issues at the beginning but have had no positive tests since. You would think they would do what MLB did. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Chiefs practice squad quarterback Jordan Ta'amu had tested positive for COVID-19. Chiefs' scout team quarterback, Ta'amu was responsible for playing the role of Newton in practice to get the Chiefs defense ready.

Maybe he got too ready?

Those method actors are really serious.

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say the real reason is the Tenesee Titans.

I think I see your point War and I agree that it probably influenced the decision.  The Titans have proven they have a inept system in place.

One has to wonder if the Titans are going to have to answer to the league for this one way or the other.

Davis has already shown his displeasure with the Raiders this week.

I so am hoping the Pats* don't have any other players get the virus and things settle down other than the Titan situation.

5 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I get that part. I wasn't talking about the scheduling I was more talking about players testing positive. MLB had issues at the beginning but have had no positive tests since. You would think they would do what MLB did. 

I don’t follow MLB super closely but I believe they postponed games, shut down team activities and quarantined which I believe is what the titans are doing 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

My question with this happening is what is the NFL doing different then MLB? I know at the beginning a few MLB teams had issues but have had no issues since. 

Fair question. I personally don't know the answer to it. I get the scheduling flexibility, but seems whatever they did they did it well since there have been no more issues as of yet. Interested to know as well.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Poor NFL Network and CBS.  They had 20 minutes of their 1 hour dedicated to K.C.-NE*. 

All that prep time and feel good stories will have to go on the shelf now.  I wonder what other game of the week they could pivot to?

I’m going to miss my morning of Cam this, Patrick that, The homeless dude this and the Andy that stories.  

Edited by wjag
Sp
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

Poor NFL Network and CBS.  They had 20 minutes of their 1 hour dedicated to K.C.-NE*. 

All that prep time and feel good stories will have to go on the shelf now.  I wonder what other game of the week they could pivot to?

I’m going to miss my morning of Cam this, Patrick that, The homeless dude this and the Andy that stories.  

I like your point but I sadly think they still talk about the Pats* and Chief for 20 minutes anyway.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

They play basketball in July, hockey in September, the Masters in August, the Kentucky Derby in September (so kill me if I got the months wrong), so why can’t the NFL - THE KING OF ALL SPORTS LEAGUES continue playing into the spring of next year and have the SuperBowl in May if need be. 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t follow MLB super closely but I believe they postponed games, shut down team activities and quarantined which I believe is what the titans are doing 

Don't forget maintaining 6' distance from other players except for a few tight quarters situations at bat and on base.

Hard to do that in football...........though some Bills defenders have been keeping a safe 2 yard distance at all times from from opposing ball carriers.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Don't forget maintaining 6' distance from other players except for a few tight quarters situations at bat and on base.

Hard to do that in football...........though some Bills defenders have been keeping a safe 2 yard distance at all times from from opposing ball carriers.

Oh hey, was wondering when you'd show up. 

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hard to argue with that.

The506 still has our game as TBA. Probably won't know for sure until right before kickoff.

38 minutes ago, Nanker said:

They play basketball in July, hockey in September, the Masters in August, the Kentucky Derby in September (so kill me if I got the months wrong), so why can’t the NFL - THE KING OF ALL SPORTS LEAGUES continue playing into the spring of next year and have the SuperBowl in May if need be. 

Super Bowl and draft week, both in the same city in May.