Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

56 minutes ago, Nester said:

Chiefs have positive players now

Chiefs practice squad quarterback Jordan Ta'amu had tested positive for COVID-19.

Who are the other players? Need at least one to make "players".

Chiefs' scout team quarterback, Ta'amu was responsible for playing the role of Newton in practice to get the Chiefs defense ready.

Maybe he got too ready?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-quarterback-jordan-taamu-reportedly-tests-positive-for-covid-19-matchup-vs-patriots-rescheduled/

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I think a lot about how much it spreads is determined by how strictly teams adhere to their protocols inside their own buildings. I'm not sure that the Patriots history with respecting the rules will work out for them in this instance. Hopefully the rest of the league is reminded how quickly this thing can spread so proper precautions are taken and the seaso

People were getting cocky and careless. The Raiders charity event is a perfect example of people letting their guard down and putting the season at risk.

Of course Raiders rebelled, especially now that they are in LV instead of Oakland 😂

Edited by Rumblinstumblin

16 minutes ago, wjag said:

The what if scenarios are getting fascinating to contemplate.  

Not sure if fascinating is the feeling I'm getting......more like very concerned this whole thing may unravel and completely blow up = and the NFL as a much needed-diversion ceases to exist in 2020.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

...or the NFL adds a week 18.   So far, they’ve rescheduled within the 17 week schedule.  

If we get hit with a massive second wave and players are testing positive left and right, then sure, we’ve got problems, but for all we know... The Titans stop testing positive this weekend, we play them as scheduled Sunday, Pats/Chiefs follow the Falcons lead and isolate the player, play on Tuesday, and everyone starts to button up realizing how susceptible they are.  

NFL is not going to cancel when CFB is playing, and CFB has given ZERO indication that they are not going to be crowning a National Champion.  

Just a question... What happens when a team has had 3 or more games postponed ? ... Could happen

• Like (+1) 1

If the Cheater video crew gets infected do the Cheaters demand an immediate pause for all games in their schedule?

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was an issue with one particular lab, as I recall 

Yes that's correct. Another poster mentioned it and I remembered. That had slipped my mind. I would assume they are not using that particular lab anymore, likely not anyway.

59 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I think a lot about how much it spreads is determined by how strictly teams adhere to their protocols inside their own buildings. I'm not sure that the Patriots history with respecting the rules will work out for them in this instance. Hopefully the rest of the league is reminded how quickly this thing can spread so proper precautions are taken and the season can carry on to a victorious conclusion for the Bills. 

People were getting cocky and careless. The Raiders charity event is a perfect example of people letting their guard down and putting the season at risk.

Meh, if anything the Patriots dog like devotion to winning will likely make them adhere to these rules. there's no competitive edge found in shirking these...

My Question is, would the Patriots sit on a positive test report for a day or so to make sure they didn't have to play without their QB?... Hm. 

• Like (+1) 1

Idk why they didn’t just set up 4 bubbles with two divisions each, have those 8 teams play, take a two week bye to shuffle teams between the bubbles, play 8 more games, then enter a playoff bubble.

How many infections in the NBA and NHL bubbles?

Gonna really suck to lose out on the best season of Bills football since...ever possibly

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I didn't read all the replys, but they canceled the game because one person tested positive? 

No the game is not cancelled.  It's postponed for 2 days (as of now) until they test the rest of the Pats* again to make sure they are not flying

any sick guys.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Sorry if I’m dense... what does postponing the NE-KC game one or two days really do?  Is it a hedge in case even more players test positive?

I assume so.  Not sure what all the league protocols are, but if it were not going to end up as an isolated case, a couple days gives the chance for additional cases to pop up.  Should that happen, they'll have to do something else in the way of rescheduling.

• Like (+1) 1