Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Liberal Bob said:

I am surprised that they did not move the Bills vs Raiders to prime time. As it would of been easy to slide the game back 3 hours in Vegas. It is not like having to worry about a late switch for fans coming to the game.

Because CBS needs it at 430 more then ever now. Will likely be the televised game in major markets like LA & Boston, possibly NY. In many weeks, the 430 game is the highest rated of the week.

56 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Relax.  If all the other sports leagues can make it happen, so can the NFL.

The NFL doesn't have the luxury of playing multiple times a week like the other three major sports leagues do.

Edited by Beast

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I’m sure it’s somewhere in this thread, but who else besides Newton has tested positive?

Only other one i've seen so far has been practice squad QB for Chiefs

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Two big changes for the Bills cause of this:

Tomorrow's game will likely be national.

I doubt we play the Chiefs on TNF the 15th, as that would be 3 games in 10 days for them (if the tuesday thing happens)

Agreed. The fair thing to do for the Chiefs would be to move the Bills/Chiefs game to Sunday.

I’m sure there will be conspiracy theorists saying they only cancelled to help the patriots play the Chiefs at full strength.  Hah!

PS - I think they are just cancelling to help the Pats not have to play a game at less than full strength. 🤔 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

cause it’s only going to take 3-4 games being postponed and we are already at 2.... beyond 4 or so, it’s gonna start to be a logistical nightmare being we are only at week 4 of 17.... and that’s just regular season.

...or the NFL adds a week 18.   So far, they’ve rescheduled within the 17 week schedule.  

If we get hit with a massive second wave and players are testing positive left and right, then sure, we’ve got problems, but for all we know... The Titans stop testing positive this weekend, we play them as scheduled Sunday, Pats/Chiefs follow the Falcons lead and isolate the player, play on Tuesday, and everyone starts to button up realizing how susceptible they are.  

NFL is not going to cancel when CFB is playing, and CFB has given ZERO indication that they are not going to be crowning a National Champion.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, scribo said:

So Cam Newton will be out for at least two games, provided they are able to play the scheduled games in the weeks they are currently slated. That's @ KC and vs Denver.

We'll see if the league has the guts to play those games with the Patriots starting QB out.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, scribo said:

He cannot be cleared to return for at least 10 days from diagnosis. It could be longer if he develops symptoms.

I thought they tweaked it after the Matthew Stafford False-Positive situation, where If player tests positive but is asymptomatic and has no known history of infection, he would be given 2 more tests to confirm. If those are negative, he’s considered not infected. Did they change it back?  I mean this thing has changed so much 

Edited by YoloinOhio