Cam Newton tests positive for Covid, OUT Sunday v Chiefs UPDATE: Game postponed

Process
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well at the beginning of TC or right before the season started (believe my timeline is correct here) I remember a few of the Bills players had quite a few false positives if I remember correctly. Are they using a different type of test now than they were then?

As mentioned, that was one lab.  But what is interesting is the way that I have heard it phrased.  It is being reported that Cam has been DIAGNOSED with Covid, not that he has tested positive.  Makes me wonder if he has symptoms.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Just plan for Tuesday night football games. Televise them and try to make something out of this.

I'd love a bunch of Tuesday night games. Waiting from Monday to Thursday is already too long for me.

I suspect I'm in the minority, because I have no problem watching any two teams...even Broncos Jets. I just love having the game on.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

WOW! I woulda thought that bonnet of his would be enough to ward off anything!

29A96551-C272-4016-99B5-78C11BDBB7A9.jpeg

AND  It looks like Belicheat got a hold of his coat sleeves!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Relax.  If all the other sports leagues can make it happen, so can the NFL.

Not if they don’t reel these players in.

Theyve kind of been doing whatever they want whenever they want.... large gatherings, restaurants, bars etc.... and that just what we hear. I’d imagine some of these dudes are hooking up, not wearing masks when they should, not following stricter guidelines cause they’ve seemed

to go away and everyone got lax.

If they are not going to avoid all this, they’d need to be sequestered but I guarantee the NFLPA won’t do that.

At this point I feel like the players want to play, but they also don’t want to be locked down by guidance. Cause I bet it’s there. But players are doing there own thing. All it takes is one.

Think about... Cam is a social butterfly. Just watch all his off-season videos. Dude hangs around dozens of dudes all the time. You don’t think this guy has multiple people coming to his house a day? You don’t think he’s going here or there between practice and going home? These guys he has over, you think they socially distance? Lay low?

This all stems from not following the guidance....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

Not if they don’t reel these players in.

Theyve kind of been doing whatever they want whenever they want.... large gatherings, restaurants, bars etc.... and that just what we hear. I’d imagine some of these dudes are hooking up, not wearing masks when they should, not following stricter guidelines cause they’ve seemed

to go away and everyone got lax.

If they are not going to avoid all this, they’d need to be sequestered but I guarantee the NFLPA won’t do that.

At this point I feel like the players want to play, but they also don’t want to be locked down by guidance. Cause I bet it’s there. But players are doing there own thing. All it takes is one.

Think about... Cam is a social butterfly. Just watch all his off-season videos. Dude hangs around dozens of dudes all the time. You don’t think this guy has multiple people coming to his house a day? You don’t think he’s going here or there between practice and going home? These guys he has over, you think they socially distance? Lay low?

This all stems from not following the guidance....

All good points.  I might be kind of in denial.  Still, we shall see.

I’ll never understand why some are so eager to go straight to the worst case scenario.  It’s frustrating to read stuff like this, especially as I’m watching Florida vs South Carolina, with fans in the stands... but yea, NFL is going to cancel the season over a Week 4 hiccup.... 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I’ll never understand why some are so eager to go straight to the worst case scenario.  It’s frustrating to read stuff like this, especially as I’m watching Florida vs South Carolina, with fans in the stands... but yea, NFL is going to cancel the season over a Week 4 hiccup.... 

It's pessimism.  I'm naturally pessimistic and recognize when I'm having pessimistic thoughts and still can't do anything to stop it... 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Titans uncontrolled outbreak, dominoes already falling

Patriots positives, more tests to come

Chiefs positives, more tests to come

Nervousness that positives will still come out of Las Vegas

Too many dominoes, and with the weather changing and cases surging across the country, this is more than a hiccup.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Why did they postpone the game just because of Cam? If he pulled a hamstring they wouldn't postpone the game. I presume they are expecting more pats players to test positive now. 

timing.  they were having to fly today and didn't want to make the problem way worse by having all these guys board a plane together.