Hell hath no fury like Bon Jovi scorned ...and Bear Cams

BringBackFergy

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

In 1986 (or so), Bon Jovi opened for Judas Priest at what was then known as The War Memorial in Rochester. I was there, in the front (of course) and here’s my memory of when Bon Jovi played:

The bassist comes up close to the crowd and the guy directly to my left (if you lived then, you know him: t-shirt cut off at the shoulders, jeans and, of course, long hair in the back (think @Virgil picture but not that crazy)), hocks the biggest loogie I’ve ever seen and hits him right below his bottom lip. It was so full of mucous and snot that it just stayed there, dangling (in his tickler) for the ENTIRE song. It eventually was hanging six inches or more, going back and forth as he ‘rocked out’. 

While there were a few Bon Jovi songs I liked, I could never listen without thinking about that...to this day. 

With all of that being said, Jon Bon Jovi can suck it...the way the ROC told him to way back when!!!!!!!! 😃 

HA!!!  I was at that show.....we deliberately walked in late as to miss JBJ so I missed that gem you described.  Dang!  The Priest DID rock tho.....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I might catch crap for this....I actually like his music

Hate everything else

"Wanted Dead or Alive" is an all-time great song.  Which makes me wonder who wrote it for them.

• Like (+1) 1

I despised bon jovi and his music way before he tried to carpetbag the Bills. His music is for like 40 year old women who hate their husbands... With his fancy hair and spandex pants. 

Like seriously Becky, gag me with a spatula 

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

First off, Bon Jovi's music absolutely sucks.

Second, he tried to put together a buying consortium to move the Bills out of WNY, despite his claims to the contrary.

I'm not sure why people discuss him, or anything about him.

Who cares?

In no way whatsoever do I want to be accused of defending the likes of Bongiovi.  But I do not believe he had the wherewithal to "...put together a buying consortium..." 

I believe he was recruited by said consortium to be the mouthpiece/frontman. He was obviously the group's patsy, IMO.  When he denied knowing the group was going to move the Bills, I actually believed him. I think he is that clueless. But believe him or not, f@#k him! 

But I hate bad raps.

10 hours ago, The Dean said:

In no way whatsoever do I want to be accused of defending the likes of Bongiovi.  But I do not believe he had the wherewithal to "...put together a buying consortium..." 

I believe he was recruited by said consortium to be the mouthpiece/frontman. He was obviously the group's patsy, IMO.  When he denied knowing the group was going to move the Bills, I actually believed him. I think he is that clueless. But believe him or not, f@#k him! 

But I hate bad raps.

Yeah, I doubt he put it together and was just the figurehead, but there's no way he didn't know about their ultimate plans. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Roc and Manhattan.  I’m bicostal

Ummmmm OK.  I was in the ROC for toooooooo effing long.....sanely made it to just south of Tampa.....I will be hosting the Bills SB party here....you are MORE than welcome to attend.  Can not guarantee seats in the stadium but will guarantee a HELLUVA party!

46 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Ummmmm OK.  I was in the ROC for toooooooo effing long.....sanely made it to just south of Tampa.....I will be hosting the Bills SB party here....you are MORE than welcome to attend.  Can not guarantee seats in the stadium but will guarantee a HELLUVA party!

Thanks!  I'll see what I can do lol

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.