Hell hath no fury like Bon Jovi scorned ...and Bear Cams

BringBackFergy

Certainly sounds like a women’s scorn...

Go Bills!!!

7 hours ago, judman said:

JBJ also claimed he was going to embrace Buffalo and move there. Whatever... 

He was going to move the team to Toronto. As I remember, Ralph had baked in some severe financial penalties for any buyer who moved the team. This, and JBJ being a pauper when compared to the likes of the Pegulas, Trump, and Golisano doomed his bid. 

Ralph Wilson had it in the will that the Buffalo Bills could not be sold to anybody relocating them

He saved the bills

42 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

' Talas' That's a name that I haven't heard, since the '70's. They showed up at my Halloween party on Oxford St. in Buffalo, dressed as members of Kiss. (1975, I believe) 🙂

Use to go to the Barrel Head in West Seneca to watch Talas in 75.

• Like (+1) 1

His ego drives him to do things to remain relevant.  He has created some good music but it has been a while.  A lot of musicians don't know when it is time to go away gracefully.  The usual tip off is when their music starts being played as elevator background music or as a jingle in advertising.

Really, someone from the so called garden state should take a drive around their community before taking shots at Buffalo.  Just sayin'

In 1986 (or so), Bon Jovi opened for Judas Priest at what was then known as The War Memorial in Rochester. I was there, in the front (of course) and here’s my memory of when Bon Jovi played:

The bassist comes up close to the crowd and the guy directly to my left (if you lived then, you know him: t-shirt cut off at the shoulders, jeans and, of course, long hair in the back (think @Virgil picture but not that crazy)), hocks the biggest loogie I’ve ever seen and hits him right below his bottom lip. It was so full of mucous and snot that it just stayed there, dangling (in his tickler) for the ENTIRE song. It eventually was hanging six inches or more, going back and forth as he ‘rocked out’. 

While there were a few Bon Jovi songs I liked, I could never listen without thinking about that...to this day. 

With all of that being said, Jon Bon Jovi can suck it...the way the ROC told him to way back when!!!!!!!! 😃 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Haha (+1) 2

Mentions of the name B** J***   will forever foul my mood instantly.  

Thanks BJ.  

9 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Rock star?   He is a classic example of how unfair the music business is.  

Terrible musician and songwriter.  Watching Talas play at Kenmore East High School dances was far better than anything Bon Jovi could do.  

Talas was good- you are giving B** J**** far too much credit.  C**k Robin was better than B** J****.  

Edited by jethro_tull
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

Mentions of the name B** J***   will forever foul my mood instantly.  

Thanks BJ.  

Talas was good- you are giving B** J**** far too much credit.  C**k Robin was better than B** J****.  

As was Two Hills, 805, Fat Brat, and a myriad of other local bands 

Edited by AlCowlingsTaxiService

12 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Rock star?   He is a classic example of how unfair the music business is.  

Terrible musician and songwriter.  Watching Talas play at Kenmore East High School dances was far better than anything Bon Jovi could do.  

Talas was a real decent band too.  I woulda paid to see them MANY more time over pretty boy JBJ....

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

you’ve got that sweet privy out back  though....you’ll want to get Ma her Christmas Cottonelle early this year...

Here in Roc, no razor companies.  

Weo - you live in the ROC?

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

My wife loves Bon Jovi. I love my wife, but she doesn’t know jack all about music. I think that tells us all we need to know about Jon Bon Jovi. His is the music of a lady who doesn’t know anything about music.

This made me laugh!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.