Hell hath no fury like Bon Jovi scorned ...and Bear Cams

BringBackFergy

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/10/bills-bon-jovi-jabs-buffalo-over-stadium-naming-rights-cost.html?outputType=amp

Portnoy mentions “The Barstool Bounce House” as a possible name before Bon Jovi realizes that he is not kidding. Bon Jovi goes on to ask Portnoy what the stadium naming rights are going for while guessing it is in the $20-$25 million range. After Portnoy responds that it is “way less,” Bon Jovi smirks and hits the city with a jab.

“Oh sure, because it’s Buffalo,” said Bon Jovi followed by a long laugh.

And Bear Cams!!

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brown-bear-salmon-cam-lower-river

Edited by BringBackFergy

I watched this last night. I like Portnoy And the pizza reviews. That one was very entertaining with Greg from Succession making a guest appearance with Jon Bon Jovi. After watching that I really don’t want the Barstool name anywhere near the Bills Stadium. I personally don’t think Portnoy is going to like Buffalo as much once the Bills start kicking the Pats butt every year. Right now I think Portnoy likes Buffalo because Bills fans are a lot of fun to party with and his Pats pretty much always beat the Bills for the past 20 years. Listening to Portnoy and Bon Jovi talk about the Pats made me want to beat the Pats more. Screw Jon Bon Jovi, But I will give it to him, he still looks very pretty! So glad he didn’t buy the Bills!

When the conversation turned to ‘Living on a Prayer’ it was actually kinda cool. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I watched this last night. I like Portnoy And the pizza reviews. That one was very entertaining with Greg from Succession making a guest appearance with Jon Bon Jovi. After watching that I really don’t want the Barstool name anywhere near the Bills Stadium. Portnoy says they want to call it the ‘Barstool Bounce House’. I personally don’t think Portnoy is going to like Buffalo as much once the Bills start kicking the Pats butts every year. Right now I think Portnoy likes Buffalo because Bills fans are a lot of fun to party with and his Pats pretty much always beat the Bills for the past 20 years. Listening to Portnoy and Bon Jovi talk about the Pats made me want to beat the Pats more. Screw Jon Bon Jovi, But I will give it to him, he still looks very pretty! So glad he didn’t buy the Bills!

Like your post. My friends love him and barstool.

I love PMT. I have Much disdain for Portnoy and barstool though.

So much so that I recently stopped listening to PMT out of principle. We will see if that lasts because I love those guys.

Then I found $5.

• Like (+1) 2

JBJ also claimed he was going to embrace Buffalo and move there. Whatever... 

He was going to move the team to Toronto. As I remember, Ralph had baked in some severe financial penalties for any buyer who moved the team. This, and JBJ being a pauper when compared to the likes of the Pegulas, Trump, and Golisano doomed his bid. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, judman said:

JBJ also claimed he was going to embrace Buffalo and move there. Whatever... 

He was going to move the team to Toronto. As I remember, Ralph had baked in some severe financial penalties for any buyer who moved the team. This, and JBJ being a pauper when compared to the likes of the Pegulas, Trump, and Golisano doomed his bid. 

I think he actually had more money than Trump. But he teamed with Rogers of Toronto in his bid. Never understood why Rogers needed him. Rogers had more than enough money to buy the Bills. JBJ was just a pretty boy celebrity that some in the NFL took a liking to and wanted him in their club. Why isn't JBJ a Jets or Giants fan? Or is he just your typical front runner? 

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

tenor.gif

He's got a shi**y new album to promote. It's called "Bon Jovi 2020." The worst rock star with the worst year all in one.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/10/bills-bon-jovi-jabs-buffalo-over-stadium-naming-rights-cost.html?outputType=amp

Portnoy mentions “The Barstool Bounce House” as a possible name before Bon Jovi realizes that he is not kidding. Bon Jovi goes on to ask Portnoy what the stadium naming rights are going for while guessing it is in the $20-$25 million range. After Portnoy responds that it is “way less,” Bon Jovi smirks and hits the city with a jab.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

True, it's no Sayreville...

I don't believe for a second that he was going to keep the team in Buffalo at least for the long term and him jabbing the city clearly leaves even little doubt about that being true. Glad it went to the Pegulas and glad the Bills are finally flourishing in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jeff Miers wrote the ultimate letter to Bon Jovi back in 2014 (from the Buffalo News):

Dear Jon Bon Jovi: Recently, there has been a lot of speculation in the community surrounding the possible scenarios that might unfold should you choose to ride into Buffalo – on your steel horse, naturally – and purchase our beloved Buffalo Bills. Until now, I have not said anything publicly out of respect for the fact that, when it comes to sports, no one really cares what I think.

However, there has indeed been bountiful conjecture on the topic of your potential plans, so I think it’s important that I clarify my feelings on this oh-so-hot topic, as a Western New Yorker who wasn’t born here, but actually chose to live here.

As such a citizen, I was given the Bills as part of my “Welcome Basket,” whether I wanted them or not. As it turned out, after a short while, those being the Jim Kelly years, I wanted them.

So, apparently, do you.

Which raises some issues regarding your intentions. We, as guardians of the Bills, the proverbial prying parental units, have questions, naturally.

Will you have them home at a respectable hour? What kind of a guy are you? Can we trust you with our beloved? Who will be doing the driving? Will responsible adults be present? And hey, man, who cuts your hair?

Finally, and most importantly – Will you be planning on crossing the border during your “date”?
’Cause, I’ve gotta tell you, Jon, that would be a deal-breaker. Prom night will be ruined, if that’s what you’re thinking. Take your corsage, your high school quarterback good looks, your six-string and head on back to New Jersey.

Speaking of Jersey, we understand that that’s where you’re from. We understand this because you’ve been harping about it for decades. You’ve harped about it almost as often as you’ve jumped on stage with a guy named Bruce Springsteen, who, we understand, is also from New Jersey. You of all people, then, should know that this Bills’ thing would not go over well here. As a Jersey guy, a guy who always will be compared to the original Jersey rock star, you should understand Buffalo. You know what it means to be made to feel inferior, to be thought of as second-best. But then I always found this attempted appropriation of the Springsteen common-man ethic a little bit suspect. It seems like you’re trying to be something you’re not.

What song of yours would make us believe that you are the real thing, that you “get” Buffalo? Is it “Have A Nice Day,” perhaps? As far as paeans to the real struggles of working people in abandoned industrial towns not unlike the one in which you are now attempting to buy a football team, that one doesn’t exactly rank up there with Springsteen’s “Youngstown,” “My City of Ruins,” or even “Atlantic City,” does it?

Is it your mega-hit “Livin’ On A Prayer,” with its blatant attempts to marry John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band to late 1980s hair metal? Doubtful.

Maybe it’s your poetic lyrics offering insight into the indomitability of the human spirit, particularly among the forgotten and forlorn classes who would love to form the core of the American labor base if they were ever actually offered the chance, but instead spend most of their disposable income supporting football teams made up of multimillionaire athletes? Lyrics like “I’ve seen a million faces, and I’ve rocked them all”?

That can’t be the one. One of the million faces you’ve seen repeatedly over the years has been mine, and I have to tell you, I didn’t like it much when you “rocked my face.” It didn’t feel like a shared, communal experience. It felt more like a night out at a sports bar in a strip mall, drinking warm Coors Light and listening to an elegantly coiffed cover band play a set of – er, Bon Jovi tunes.

I’m sorry, Jon. I know we have a long relationship. You’ve been playing our sports arenas for decades, and you have always been greeted with screams of adulation. But we feel like our relationship has gotten a bit stale. We have grown older. And you have grown colder. And nothing is very much fun anymore. After all this time we’ve spent together, I feel you are at least owed honesty. So here’s the cold, hard truth, Jon: I think we should start seeing other people.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.