Ever seen a Buffalo?

EmotionallyUnstable

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Definitely.

And it's not over-crowded so you can go hiking in the backcountry and come across bunches of them and get a way more interesting experience when you're all alone and miles from shelter. 🙄

I'm jealous.  I live in East TN right in the backyard of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is amazing and great, but I long for the western parks.

10 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

I'm jealous.  I live in East TN right in the backyard of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, which is amazing and great, but I long for the western parks.

I hear ya. I'm in the East also (NW PA) but my schedule allows me a month+ out West every summer.

This year was 6 straight weeks of being camped in the Sawtooths, North Cascades and Rainier. :devil:

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I hear ya. I'm in the East also (NW PA) but my schedule allows me a month+ out West every summer.

This year was 6 straight weeks of being camped in the Sawtooths, North Cascades and Rainier. :devil:

Wow.  Honestly, you're inspiring me to figure out how to make that happen.  That's basically my dream scenario.

11 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Wow.  Honestly, you're inspiring me to figure out how to make that happen.  That's basically my dream scenario.

Even if you can only snag 2 weeks, a 24hr power drive each way will put you in the Rockies with all your gear and 10-12 days to hike/bike/climb/kayak to your heart's content.

It is soooooo worth it! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Even if you can only snag 2 weeks, a 24hr power drive each way will put you in the Rockies with all your gear and 10-12 days to hike/bike/climb/kayak to your heart's content.

It is soooooo worth it! :thumbsup:

That's the way to do it. Did that from Ohio. 

My 4Runner desperately wants to get away from paved roads.

Pics in OP post taken by yours truly

On 10/2/2020 at 7:10 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes, herds of 100’s of them.  Well bison.  Again, on my drives to and from Alaska.  I think we saw the most of them in northern Alberta.  Saw a few of them that were nearly the size of an adult elephant.  

Every time I try to embed some pics it’s telling me the file size is too large 😕

On computer, try  https://resizeimage.net/

Another way in many programs is to email; photo programs working with email clients usually offer you a chance to resize.  Then you just copy the pic out of the email and paste that in

Third way use a snipping tool program to crop part of an image

On a mobile device, differs by operating system, but programs to resize are available

There used to be a buffalo ranch in Cattaraugus County somewhere in the Salamanca/Ellicottville area years ago.  Visited it several times.   They had large pastures along the rolling hillsides so you could large groups.  Some of the pastures came up close to the road so you could see them fairly up close.  

Vacationing at Lake James in Indiana in the 60s. Pokagon state park is adjacent to the the lake and the boarder fence was just across the street from our cottage. Someone had built a set of steps on both sides of the fence for easy access. The park had a herd of 12 or so iirc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.