Ever seen a Buffalo?

EmotionallyUnstable

Yes, herds of 100’s of them.  Well bison.  Again, on my drives to and from Alaska.  I think we saw the most of them in northern Alberta.  Saw a few of them that were nearly the size of an adult elephant.  

Every time I try to embed some pics it’s telling me the file size is too large 😕

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes, herds of 100’s of them.  Well bison.  Again, on my drives to and from Alaska.  I think we saw the most of them in northern Alberta.  Saw a few of them that were nearly the size of an adult elephant.  

uhhhh...nope. Not really close.  Not unless you stumbled across some prehistoric buffalo that no one has seen in 50,000 years 

6755001_orig.jpg

2 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

uhhhh...nope. Not really close.  Not unless you stumbled across some prehistoric buffalo that no one has seen in 50,000 years 

6755001_orig.jpg

Yeah, they were prehistoric ones.  People don’t know about them because they’re so far north.  In fact, these ones were probably as tall as that giraffe.  You can drive through their legs like the great redwood trees.  You could dent your car roof on their genitals though, so you have to be careful.

🤦‍♂️😒

• Haha (+1) 1

I saw many Bison but I’ve never left North America except for Hawaii so I’ve never saw an actual Buffalo. 

I caused the Bison at the Buffalo zoo to “stampede” when I rode my motorized bike past them with a broken exhaust. All of them got up and ran in circles around the pen. I stopped and sang the shout song while crying laughing.

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Custer state park in SD is also good.

We were driving into Custer State Park when we were forced to slow down. The first car in the line stopped, and so did the two motorcycles ahead of us. Naturally, we also came to a halt behind them.

While sitting there, we heard it... a *huff*huff*huff* some shuffling leaves and some snorts as this bison comes wandering down the side of the hill.

He then hangs a left as he hits the roadway, and starts *huffing* down towards us.

The motorcyclists got a big nervous and prepared to take off. And I couldn't blame them. That bison was BIG.

Hubby had the window down and I quickly yelled at him to roll it up. As the bison clip-clopped past us, he gave us the stink-eye.  It was as close as I wanted to be to one of them. They are truly large animals.

We saw a lot of bison when we went to Custer and when we went to Yellowstone.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, they were prehistoric ones.  People don’t know about them because they’re so far north.  In fact, these ones were probably as tall as that giraffe.  You can drive through their legs like the great redwood trees.  You could dent your car roof on their genitals though, so you have to be careful.

🤦‍♂️😒

Sounds like it's almost as large as mine, but I don't like to brag.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Custer state park in SD is also good.

Definitely.

And it's not over-crowded so you can go hiking in the backcountry and come across bunches of them and get a way more interesting experience when you're all alone and miles from shelter. 🙄

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.