Gregg Williams: Defensive Shenanigans on TNF

sherpa

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Lots of quality law firms out there always looking for a field day and countless suddenly unemployable players over the decades, yet no field day has ever appeared.  

Even Bountygate yielded no such field day.  There's no legal case for what you are suggesting.  History has proven this. Player accept the risk of playing and the league has rules with known penalties for players and coaches.  

There's no letter coming...

Never say never, what is considered normal today isn’t so at a later date. That and bounty gate was an internal investigation iirc.

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Never say never, what is considered normal today isn’t so at a later date. That and bounty gate was an internal investigation iirc.

Bounytgate was public proof of a coordinated effort to injury opponents.

The plaintiffs bar yawned.  There's no money in it or it would have happened years ago.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bounytgate was public proof of a coordinated effort to injury opponents.

The plaintiffs bar yawned.  There's no money in it or it would have happened years ago.

Again an internal investigation, controlled by the league... so what else would one expect as an outcome?

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Again an internal investigation, controlled by the league... so what else would one expect as an outcome?

the results were made public.  After that any lawyer could have gotten more in discovery.  So why didn’t they sue? Easy pickins, no?  

There have been countless opportunities forever for what you suggest to have happened.  Yet it hasn’t 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

the results were made public.  After that any lawyer could have gotten more in discovery.  So why didn’t they sue? Easy pickins, no?  

There have been countless opportunities forever for what you suggest to have happened.  Yet it hasn’t 

Without  “standing” a random lawyer can’t sue, a lawyer would need someone directly effected by bounty gate to hire said lawyer to speak in their behalf, all it needs is a disaffected player to take the step, then game on. 

I rewatched Bills vs Jets and there were multiple roughing the passer calls and the usually Jets dirtiness.

Greg Williams is a blight on the league and should be removed. And while we're at it, let's just remove the Jets as well and replace them with an expansion team somewhere else.

33 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Without  “standing” a random lawyer can’t sue, a lawyer would need someone directly effected by bounty gate to hire said lawyer to speak in their behalf, all it needs is a disaffected player to take the step, then game on. 

Yes and there were several to approach and zero lawsuits.

its a dead end.  The quality law firms have passed on this concept for obvious reasons.  So have the ambulance chasers

ole Greggy is a classless thug.   Hes that guy u know that only feels good if hes hurting somebody else.    Where's this comes from?  Its fear and weakness.    If his defenses were good enough without the thug tactics,  he wouldnt feel the urge to compensate with dirty play.

Didnt like him when he was our coach,  and hes been a blight on the NFL since. 

Greggo is one of those guys who will do anything,  will cross the line as much as possible,  in the effort of "winning".   When in reality,  even if he wins,  hes a loser.

Sounds like somebody else we all know.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes and there were several to approach and zero lawsuits.

its a dead end.  The quality law firms have passed on this concept for obvious reasons.  So have the ambulance chasers

This has been a fun convo, but I guess it needs to rest for the time being ... 👍

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Not necessarily

My lawyer wife says your wrong...  😁

2 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

ole Greggy is a classless thug.   Hes that guy u know that only feels good if hes hurting somebody else.    Where's this comes from?  Its fear and weakness.    If his defenses were good enough without the thug tactics,  he wouldnt feel the urge to compensate with dirty play.

Didnt like him when he was our coach,  and hes been a blight on the NFL since. 

Greggo is one of those guys who will do anything,  will cross the line as much as possible,  in the effort of "winning".   When in reality,  even if he wins,  hes a loser.

Sounds like somebody else we all know.

And many on this board respect and call him the GOAT.  What does that say about fans?

I think he's one of those classic inferiority complex guys who tries to over compensate by trying to be a tough guy.

I could not stand him when he was a Bill, but the nail in the coffin for me occurred when the Bills beat the Redskins in DC in 2007.

Some will recall. It was the week after Sean Taylor was killed.

The Bills beat the then Redskins on an end of game field goal.

I was at that game.

Near the end, when Trent Edwards hit Josh Reed for a first down against Gregg's defense, I started watching him.

When Lindell hit the game winner, he took his headset off and walked with undeniable "look at me" drama away from the 'Skin bench.

He stopped alone, about 20 yards away from anybody on the team with clear look of disgust on his face.

During stints with the Rams and Browns, where his preseason "work" was put on display, I became truly disgusted.

Biggest ass in the league.

Edited by sherpa