Rick Moranis Sucker Punched by Stranger on NYC Street

ChevyVanMiller

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

My very first thought was, "The attacker might have been a fan of quality comedic movies". 

Truth is, way back when I used to listen to Second City Radio from a Toronto station. Rick Moranis was one of the main comics. Funny as hell, IMO. His movies? Well.....

Yeah, he falls squarely into the category of "terrific supporting actor, but not a great leading man".

His roles in Ghostbusters and Spaceballs go in the comedy HOF.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah, he falls squarely into the category of "terrific supporting actor, but not a great leading man".

His roles in Ghostbusters and Spaceballs go in the comedy HOF.

Don’t forget when The Academy snubbed him for the layered nuance in his ground breaking role as Bob McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Good think he didn't have a shrink gun.

I remember how earth-shattering “honey, I shrunk the kids” was when I was a kid. I remember the awe of watching it in the theatre.

whats weird is I literally never see that movie on anywhere Since. I can’t recall it ever being re-run on TV, or really watching it at any point after 1989.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I remember how earth-shattering “honey, I shrunk the kids” was when I was a kid. I remember the awe of watching it in the theatre.

whats weird is I literally never see that movie on anywhere Since. I can’t recall it ever being re-run on TV, or really watching it at any point after 1989.

They used to have a pretty cool VR ride for it at Universal Studios. I watched it with my kids on Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu.

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am going to have to find it on amazon to show to my kids! That was such a classic movie. 

My wife is 5 years younger than I am so when watched it, it was like her watching it for the first time. My kids are under 10 and in the world of cgi they still thought it was awesome.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

It was at Epcot actually. 

I stand corrected, thank Doc. I was spoiled as a child and when to the Florida theme parks every summer (its much cheaper as a FL resident). They used to have a 3 story arcade at downtown Disney called Disney quest always wanted to take the kids there but it is closed.

2 hours ago, Mr. K said:

I stand corrected, thank Doc. I was spoiled as a child and when to the Florida theme parks every summer (its much cheaper as a FL resident). They used to have a 3 story arcade at downtown Disney called Disney quest always wanted to take the kids there but it is closed.

No worries, just wanted to clarify.  We've been going there at least once a year since 2002.  The wife and I ctually just came back from 10 days there on Thursday.

And yeah, I loved Quest.  We used to buy the 10-pack of park tickets that would give you 10 additional days at the water parks, Quest and miniature golf.  Still have a ton of those days left but alas, Quest is gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

No worries, just wanted to clarify.  We've been going there at least once a year since 2002.  The wife and I ctually just came back from 10 days there on Thursday.

And yeah, I loved Quest.  We used to buy the 10-pack of park tickets that would give you 10 additional days at the water parks, Quest and miniature golf.  Still have a ton of those days left but alas, Quest is gone. 

At least they still have the music venue out there. My wife wants to take the kids and I was telling her its going to be a park hopper pass kind of trip. Most efficient way to do it.

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

At least they still have the music venue out there. My wife wants to take the kids and I was telling her its going to be a park hopper pass kind of trip. Most efficient way to do it.

No park hopping at present. Only one park per day.

3 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Damn you Covid!

Yup.  We had  an annual pass (have actually, it expires next May) and would finish what we wanted to do in most of the parks by about 2-3 PM and would have liked to go to another.  Couldn't do it.  Was surprised how busy it was even at about 1/3 capacity.  Although no fast passes didn't help matters.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup.  We had  an annual pass (have actually, it expires next May) and would finish what we wanted to do in most of the parks by about 2-3 PM and would have liked to go to another.  Couldn't do it.  Was surprised how busy it was even at about 1/3 capacity.  Although no fast passes didn't help matters.

The best day to go is Superbowl Sunday.... if they are still open on that. We did that a couple of times and the place was a ghost town.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:04 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Fortunately, the 67 year-old actor is doing okay after the attack.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/02/rick-moranis-punched-random-attack-central-park-ny-video/

The first thing I noticed was that the attacker appears to be a 'lefty'. I doubt he would have attacked that quickly and violently with his off hand. They should be looking for a southpaw...or a boxer...or both. Does Sly Stallone have a grudge with Rick Moranis? 😉 🤕 Seriously, though...that was a disgusting act of cowardice.

• Like (+1) 1