Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Funny to watch Libs lying their arses off in this thread. 
They are positively giddy about Trump having covid.
Also, watching them go back and forth over hoax/no hoax is brilliant. 
When he pulls through (and odds are high he will) will be hilarious to watch their heads positively explode. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2979tt51tghcg7l9bvpl

Of course he will pull through...being exposed as a bigger pile of ***** than ever..and you sychophants will lap it up.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

4 years left of your meltdown. It'll be okay. You'll live too.

so what treatment will Trump will be able to show conclusively works to cure symptoms from teh virus

1. zinc & HCQ

2. blood plasma

3. remsvidor

4. other?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, spartacus said:

so what treatment will Trump will be able to show conclusively works to cure symptoms from teh virus

1. zinc & HCQ

2. blood plasma

3. remsvidor

4. other?

I’d say the best treatment would be the antibodies but that’s also very expensive. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

I’d say the best treatment would be the antibodies but that’s also very expensive. 

Hopefully, he took HQC again- which is the cheapest drug to benefit the most

With a reliable treatment, no need for masks or counting cases 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, spartacus said:

1. zinc & HCQ

2. blood plasma

3. remsvidor

4. other?

We know he's had remsvidor, melatonin, and zinc. We don't know if he had HCQ (this time, he took a course of it earlier in the year) or plasma yet. I don't even play a doctor on TV so I have no clue what they'll do next, but I'd guess when he comes out of this he'll be touting all of them (and hope over fear). 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Which “others”?  

The ones struggling to survive financially, or the financially entitled unaffected by a shutdown of the economy?  

Like many others, I received my school tax bills last month.  The only mention of COVID was that the town offices was in regard to severely reduced hours of service to take the payment.  No deferral option, not payment plan, just “pay the &$@@ing bill.”  The way I see that is you pay 100% for roughly 40% of the services. 

Sincerely sorry for that situation, I can sympathize, but your leader failed lead. The lockdown is necessary to help get a killing disease under control, but when not insisting on clear steps to control ie masks, and then openly defies ( not wearing mask, rallies without masks etc) those needs, the others created the a wave of cases. 

The continuing duration of this virus has a greater financial effect than what the short term did.

All the best to you...lots of bureaucrats in schools, admin etc have no idea of the suffering 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

1.  That breathing escapes your fake protective scarf (why didn't Fauci just say use those instead of his made up "we feared a run masks" excuse.)  No one wears them properly.  Clarify viral load for us and how it relates to Covid bc if so much isnt escaping your face diaper, then why are we spaced? 

2. Space between sick people yes.  Asymptomatics may not spread it like they feared in February.  The WHO let that slip in June and then back tracked.  

3. I know there havent been issues bc they're still open and cases in Virginia are what they are and hospitals are nowhere near capacity.  Been 5 months.  And no one can accurately say where you contracted it anyway.  Its ridiculous .

4. Schools should be full open.  As normal.  What we're doing to the kids K-8 is child abuse.  Masks. Hand sanitizer.  That's it. 

Everything and anything else is creating a miserable life until a vaccine which may never happen.  Unsustainable.  Teachers are already breaking.  And they demand to work from home declaring the job non essential

Bye.  Retire.  Tax payers cant sustain you when they can't work.  

1&2.  The point is not to simply absorb all your breath.  The point is to squash the plume of breath that emanates out from your mouth also blocking the virus laden moisture.  Certainly it leaks around and diffuses through but remains close to you instead of projecting out.  Hence part of the need for distancing.

It's really simple, but you insist on trying to make it impossible to justify your ill-founded views.  Again, it's the same reason surgeons wear masks for invasive procedures.

2.+  People can be asymptomatic carriers and non-contagious.  That's what they don't like to tell you because of people like you who don't want to be bothered with simple protection procedures .  Ohio Department of Health considers someone contagious 48 hours before symptoms begin but the rule is to quarantine 14 days as symptoms can take that long to appear.  Do the math. 

3. I work out at my own gym mask free.  They're not going to tell me about infections unless it becomes a super spreader location.

My brother has Covid.  He caught it from his girlfriend who caught it from her mom who caught it from her friend who stopped by for a few minutes to drop something off.  Trail of contact and  positive tests.  Not difficult at all, most times, so you're dead wrong about that.

4.  My schools are open and the teachers I talked to greatly prefer classroom to online.  Kids are playing sports and masks, distancing and hand sanitizer are working nicely since the first of September.  We've had two separate cases in different buildings but thanks to the protections and efforts they haven't spread.  Almost a miracle given how school is always a breeding ground for germs.  Masks, distancing, and sanitizer work.  Not foolproof, but they simply work.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Choose your sources wisely:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Physicians_and_Surgeons

There's even more information in that Wikipedia article. It's a political group, not a medical group.

Notably that link only lists one study that has anything to do with mask effectiveness with regards to covid-19. Most of its linked studies are talking about the flu or the cold or other respiratory illnesses. You should ask yourself why a purported medical group is using baldfaced disinformation strategies like that.

Let's take a look at the one study they do link. It was a study of exactly 4 patients in South Korea:

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342

So it turns out the study wasn't testing if masks prevent the spread of covid-19. It was testing how many air droplet particles end up on the outside of the mask if a person coughs while wearing one. Here's the study's own conclusion:

But wait, there's more!

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/L20-0745

This is a really good example of why you need to be careful with scientific sourcing. Here we have a conservative political group pushing studies that either have nothing to do with the subject in question or have been retracted. There are despicable people out whose entire career is spent trying to trick uninformed people into believing junk science. Don't let them con you.

Here's an actual scientific meta-analysis that combined the results of many separate tests to show masks ARE effective in reducing the spread of covid-19.

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about-us/news-press/news-detail?articleid=27691&publicId=395

Here's another one:

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(20)31142-9/fulltext

And another one:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302301?via%3Dihub#bib6

Note that the above study makes a clear distinction between influenza, SARS, and covid-19, and specifically shows that masks are especially effective with controlling the spread of covid-19. Why do you think the link you posted threw a bunch of different illnesses into a blender? Could it be they have an agenda?

The science is proven on this - large scale usage of masks substantially reduces the risk of spreading covid-19. It isn't a perfect method and certain types of masks have better results, but across the board it has been shown to be an effective method. You should be skeptical of any source trying to convince you otherwise, not just on this matter but on anything else they are telling you.

hey Happy Days. hope you and yours are well with this madness that has descended upon humanity.

thank you for the fact check, appreciated as i had not done that. my apologies for not doing so, however in my defense (not that that is an acceptable defense though), time is in short supply these days. am hoping that i will be as prepped as i can be shortly here, just prior to the election and have more time available after that.

having read through the thread to catch up, i would counter... as @3rdnlng pointed out, Wiki is not the best source for debunking for starters. though your other sources are duly noted.

and as @Buffalo_Gal has posted, there are a number of articles related to studies out that claim masks are not the preventative that the MSM narrative would have you believe.  this belief comes from reading/researching over these past 6 months in my limited available time. and while i probably can't source those articles for you at the present time, the gist of it boils down to particle size. unless you are wearing a N95 or greater, the efficacy of other masks is questionable at best.

to be clear here, yes i wear a mask (N95, btw) when out in public. however, i do so more for the comfort of others

i also believe that there are natural remedies that can contain this virus better than anything the MSM narrative would have you believe. and this is only what i believe, not to be taken as medical advise but of which, maintaining bodily levels of Vitamin D at a level of 47 ng/ml renders your susceptibility to nil.

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

I'm not sold on masks, though I wear one indoors in public settings, but maybe we can stick to more credible medical organizations than AAPS.

agreed.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  

Of course it is, gravedancer.

Wearing a neck gaiter may be worse than no mask at all, researchers find

Duke study finds some cotton cloth masks are about as effective as surgical masks, while thin polyester spandex gaiters may be worse than going maskless.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Sincerely sorry for that situation, I can sympathize, but your leader failed lead. The lockdown is necessary to help get a killing disease under control, but when not insisting on clear steps to control ie masks, and then openly defies ( not wearing mask, rallies without masks etc) those needs, the others created the a wave of cases. 

The continuing duration of this virus has a greater financial effect than what the short term did.

All the best to you...lots of bureaucrats in schools, admin etc have no idea of the suffering 

I reject your sympathy as unnecessary, shallow and pedantic. I simply asked who the “others” were. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing BG.

• Like (+1) 1