Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

16 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The only people I ever see cheering for someone's death are leftists. They cheer when POTUS gets the bug, they cheer when the virus numbers go up, they cheer when Scalise get's shot by a Bernie Bro.

They cheer deaths whenever it is politically expedient for them.

No one is being fooled here.

What difference , at this point, does it make?

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Kids are not able to be educated?

What planet are you on?

Most kids are attending school at least twice a week.

And kids can kiss goodbye snow days. Remote learning is here to stay.

How do home schooled kids survive in this world?

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Minimal?!?!  How many kids can't step foot into a classroom???  That's minimal?!?  Education is the core of growing up, not being able to be educated is not something I would call minimal.

Not really kids arent able to socialize... it is tougher on parents but I am betting this generation will be better prepared to working on their own and parents will actually know more about what their kids are being taught... I know my wife and I do... less breaks for us... school isnt babysitting them anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How do home schooled kids survive in this world?

They don’t. Home schooling, in my mind, is dumb.  I understand why many have chosen that route but the social aspects of being with other children is crucial.  To take that away from a child doesn’t make sense. It was extremely important. The relationships I still have 50 years later and 3,000 miles apart with some of those people is amazing. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They don’t. Home schooling, in my mind, is dumb.  I understand why many have chosen that route but the social aspects of being with other children is crucial.  To take that away from a child doesn’t make sense. It was extremely important. The relationships I still have 50 years later and 3,000 miles apart with some of those people is amazing. 

Rule #2

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

This after mocking Biden for wearing masks all the time. SMH The Irony is rich here don't ya think? I don't wish harm upon he or Milania I pray they both recover but this to me is just SAD....He's a leader allright. He has discounted this virus continuously I wonder what he has to say about it now...... his supporters...what a debacle.

Hey Mupps-

I don’t think it’s ironic at all, and I wouldn’t expect him to say anything to his supporters at all beyond what he has said or done previously. 

You have the tale of two leaders here.  One believes we have to learn to live with the risks associated with everyday living, get back to work and that extended and prolonged shut downs are a dangerous thing. He said as recently as Tuesday night that the virus was dangerous for the vulnerable and not so much for others.  He lead a national response to the pandemic, inviting titans of business to work on a vaccine, increasing availability of PPE, he oversaw the retrofitting of a ship and sent it to the epicenter of a badly managed crisis.  

The other leader avoids any reasonable amount of press conferences, questions from the press and stays largely out of the public eye.  He leads nothing, has no responsibilities that come with the office, he speaks of perpetually hunkering down and near as I can tell, no CEO or company in the private sector has reached out to him for any feedback or advise during this crisis. 

One leader comes from the private sector where if you don’t work, move and take risks, you die or become irrelevant. 

The other leader comes for a world of entitlements and guarantees, where just showing up assures you of income and benefits and the power to destroy your enemies.  In his world, setting back and settling in makes perfect sense, no harm no foul no problem no hit to the checkbook. 

One leader is over 70 and sees himself as young and vibrant, the other seems to be afraid of his own shadow.  

The ironic thing to me is that we have a highly contagious virus and fret all day about people getting the virus.  If DJT struggles with the virus, it’s the virus, not some cosmic ironic event.  

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hey Mupps-

I don’t think it’s ironic at all, and I wouldn’t expect him to say anything to his supporters at all beyond what he has said or done previously. 

You have the tale of two leaders here.  One believes we have to learn to live with the risks associated with everyday living, get back to work and that extended and prolonged shut downs are a dangerous thing. He said as recently as Tuesday night that the virus was dangerous for the vulnerable and not so much for others.  He lead a national response to the pandemic, inviting titans of business to work on a vaccine, increasing availability of PPE, he oversaw the retrofitting of a ship and sent it to the epicenter of a badly managed crisis.  

The other leader avoids any reasonable amount of press conferences, questions from the press and stays largely out of the public eye.  He leads nothing, has no responsibilities that come with the office, he speaks of perpetually hunkering down and near as I can tell, no CEO or company in the private sector has reached out to him for any feedback or advise during this crisis. 

One leader comes from the private sector where if you don’t work, move and take risks, you die or become irrelevant. 

The other leader comes for a world of entitlements and guarantees, where just showing up assures you of income and benefits and the power to destroy your enemies.  In his world, setting back and settling in makes perfect sense, no harm no foul no problem no hit to the checkbook. 

One leader is over 70 and sees himself as young and vibrant, the other seems to be afraid of his own shadow.  

The ironic thing to me is that we have a highly contagious virus and fret all day about people getting the virus.  If DJT struggles with the virus, it’s the virus, not some cosmic ironic event.  

The most important thing is one has been in government for almost 50 years, was VP for 8 of those years recently, and now thinks he can fix things.  When most everything he did before he got wrong.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you actually practice being obtuse? No matter what you claim about how the virus was handled here in the USA it does not change the fact that China basically declared war on the world, including us. It's like blaming us for the Pearl Harbor attack because we weren't better prepared. 

Yeah, who could have seen the virus coming besides everyone else.

24 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Minimal?!?!  How many kids can't step foot into a classroom???  That's minimal?!?  Education is the core of growing up, not being able to be educated is not something I would call minimal.

Seems like a lot of Conservatives loved home schooling before.

22 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And millions of other Americans that understand 

1. Particle size makes them pointless 

2. You are constantly touching the mask and then touching stuff that others will touch

3. Anyone that does not see this is an idiot. 

Ooh, the idiot game.  How fun.

Hundreds of millions of Americans understand:

1.  It's the water vapor size the particles are attached to not the particle size that make masks effective.

2.  It's the entire point of hand sanitizer.  Non-contact distancing also.

3.  It's the same reasons surgeons wear masks for all invasive procedures

4.  Masks protect those around you, not yourself unless specifically designed.

5.  The US has a significant amount of non-compliance to masking rules,  any US data conclusions about mask effectiveness, infection rate, etc. must address this and none to my knowledge do.

6.  The minority that don't understand 1-5  are truly idiots.

And finally:

My daughter's high school has about 1,200 students, most (not sure how many) are doing in-person including mine.  If two students/staff concurrently are symptomatic and test positive for Covid, school shuts down and goes virtual.   On 9/22 one student was symptomatic and subsequently kept home.  They were confirmed Covid positive this past Tuesday (9/29), 158 students who are classmates(including my daughter) and seven teachers were sent home to quarantine through 10/6.  At this point there are no other cases, also my daughter is completely fine with zero symptoms for 9 days now.

As a parent who experiences every year the massive breeding ground schools are for any viral or bacterial infections, the fact that a highly contagious airborne virus in an indoor environment can be so limited due to masks, distancing, and sanitizer truly highlights why these measures are taken.

• Like (+1) 1