Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Some reactions from the left:

(WaPo deleted this)

And all this guy running for congress in California 39 had to say was...:wacko:

This is nice...

And more...

But please, do tell me that Trump lowers the discourse. 

Trump totally lowers the discourse 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Time to buy!!!!

My BIL is a hedge fund manager...gave me some rare insight - usually tight lipped. The market is trading at close to 30x earnings - about 50 percent overpriced. The primary driver of the market for the last 4 years has been Trump lemmings who think the orange menace is going to lead us to the promised land. All normal historical financial cost modeling has been tossed. Remember - prices are base on just a limited number of people who are willing to drive a price up - not a majority opinion. 

When Biden wins...these price drivers from the last 4 year are already convinced the world will go to hell....they are gonna flee....The smart guys are already betting on a huge drop.

Your welcome.

Edited by TH3

Just now, TH3 said:

My BIL is a hedge fund manager...gave me some rare insight - usually tight lipped. The market is trading at close to 30x earnings - about 50 percent overpriced. The primary driver of the market for the last 4 years has been Trump lemmings who think the orange menace is going to lead us to the promised land. All normal historical financial cost modeling has been tossed. Remember - prices are base on just a limited number of people who are willing to drive a price up - not a majority opinion. 

When Biden wins...these price drivers from the last 4 year are already convinced the world will go to hell....the are gonna flee....The smart guys are already betting on a huge drop.

Your welcome.

Yup.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Friday that her prayers for Trump have “intensified” and that she hopes his positive coronavirus test will be “a learning experience” for the nation.

“Maybe this will be the moment where people will say, ‘Okay, mask, distance, sanitation, tracing, treatment,’ ” Pelosi said during an interview on MSNBC.

Pelosi said she has not been contacted by the White House about issues related to continuity of government.

She also said that she got a coronavirus test on Friday morning “out of an abundance of caution” and had not received the result yet.

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

When Biden wins...these price drivers from the last 4 year are already convinced the world will go to hell....they are gonna flee....The smart guys are already betting on a huge drop.

Your welcome.

My talking horse disagrees

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Your welcome.

I'd argue that all the pump priming by the Fed is what';s pushing up the Stock Market. The money goes to banks first and then out into the market. So as long as the Fed is pumping the market should still inflate. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Your welcome.

I think your brother in law should put that in the prospectus so his clients could see how bad of an asset manager he is.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

I'd argue that all the pump priming by the Fed is what';s pushing up the Stock Market. The money goes to banks first and then out into the market. So as long as the Fed is pumping the market should still inflate. 

Correct. 

Plus you have the individual investor's dilemma: with the Fed funds rate dropping to near zero, investors are faced with a difficult choice: keep money in a safe vehicle (FDIC insured accounts, money market funds, muni bonds, etc) and earn interest anywhere from zero to perhaps .70 percent, or put money in the stock market and pray there won't be a drop. A lot, lot, lot of investors are rolling the dice. This is the market distorting effect of extreme Fed intervention.

By the way, Trump has made noises in the last 5 years about returning to the gold standard and even nominated a "gold bug," Judy Shelton, the the Fed Board. If we were on the gold standard this year we'd be in a full-on 1930s style depression.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. CONFIRMED: The President is symptomatic.

2. KNOWN: The President is obese.

3. KNOWN: The President suffers from metabolic syndrome and a not-uncommon form of heart disease in elderly men.

You have to take all that into account.

4.  He's a New Yorker and Cuomo may want to put him in a nursing home

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct. 

Plus you have the individual investor's dilemma: with the Fed funds rate dropping to near zero, investors are faced with a difficult choice: keep money in a safe vehicle (FDIC insured accounts, money market funds, muni bonds, etc) and earn interest anywhere from zero to perhaps .70 percent, or put money in the stock market and pray there won't be a drop. A lot, lot, lot of investors are rolling the dice. This is the market distorting effect of extreme Fed intervention.

By the way, Trump has made noises in the last 5 years about returning to the gold standard and even nominated a "gold bug," Judy Shelton, the the Fed Board. If we were on the gold standard this year we'd be in a full-on 1930s style depression.

The market is the only thing to be in now, where else to put assets? Land? But you have to pay taxes on that. So its the stock market for now into the future 

• Like (+1) 1