Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm sure he'll be fine but I've noticed that people are getting much more lax when it comes to social distancing/wearing masks (including me).  Hopefully, this is a wake up call.

Yes, stay safe.  You’re the only sane liberal here and you’ll probably vote for trump.

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

This seems like quite a stretch at the moment, but Leftists *are* best at being Leftists.

What about in the event that the president has the rotovirus? Can a president really have the nuclear codes while he has violent diarrhea ?

Someone get a constitutional scholar on it !

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

I agree. I have been strongly against how he has handled the pandemic from the beginning, causing me to be accused of being a crazy liberal on this message board. (I was accused of being a Nazi earlier, today, so it balances out)

Seriously, 6 feet distance for a normal conversation may make things safer. But, when you yell at some guy for 90 minutes, the droplets tend to fly. Hell, Chris Wallace probably has it, too.

You're a flipping idiot, aren't you.

Yes, yes you are.

Good god, I'm done with this place.  Idiots are as idiots do.  I thought I had most of them on ignore, but they come out of the woodwork.  I just can't, I'm done.

33 minutes ago, eball said:

So if you’re one of his supporters who believe the virus is fake, I wonder how you react to this news?

E, I am a never Trumper, and like 99% of all people, do not believe the virus is fake , but that the reaction and lockdowns  to it is overblown. My reaction is the exact same as when the VA Gov announced last Friday he and his wife were positive. This is an highly infectious virus that no matter what side politically you are on, what precautions you take, unless you you want to 100% isolate from the world, you have a chance of contracting the virus. And even then, you may still test positive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/on-parenting/a-hypervigilant-mom-followed-every-health-guideline-she-still-caught-the-coronavirus/2020/06/27/fa119ce2-b654-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html

What i am certain of testing positive does not mean Northam did anything wrong, or immoral, or selfish( one of first states to mandate masks BTW) , and same goes for Trump. 

Neither of these men should be castigated for a positive test for a HIGHLY INFECTIOUS virus. I will castigate Trump for a myriad of reasons, but not this.

As an side, this is most likely my last post at TBD. A certain mod has decided that any and all of my posts deserve warning points, and as it seems her power is all encompassing, i have decided best for me to not support this site any more. I know, crushing right?

I have been friends with E on this board since 2004, so much so even texted him the other day laughing about our early discussions on HD and the type of DVTs etc Directv had way back when. Yes, HD was a topic , one might say "novel" , when i joined this board. 

But my libertarian bent  and love of this country is just to deep  to put up with strong armed censorship of ideas and views, particularly when it is censorship based strictly  a mods point of view. Dictatorship is good when you the dictator. 

Thank you @SDS for the providing the forum, it was a fun 17 years. Wish you all the best!

Enjoyed it yall, 

And for all those that make  the tailgates great, and no longer post here...you bastages are not done with me, i have all you numbers! 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Yes, stay safe.  You’re the only sane liberal here and you’ll probably vote for trump.

No.  I won't for numerous reasons. 

What you'll pry see in the next few days are there will be a few idiots on the left who celebrate it.  Then there's people on the right who will express faux outrage over those idiots celebrating it and generalize it to everybody on the left.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good luck to them both. Tough timing for him being on campaign but I’m sure he will be ok though he’s in a couple higher risk categories with age and obesity. 

My 70 year old not obese uncle is just getting over it. No issues. Hopefully same for them. 

Biden’s test results will be interesting, as will other White House results. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

E, I am a never Trumper, and like 99% of all people, do not believe the virus is fake , but that the reaction and lockdowns  to it is overblown. My reaction is the exact same as when the VA Gov announced last Friday he and his wife were positive. This is an highly infectious virus that no matter what side politically you are on, what precautions you take, unless you you want to 100% isolate from the world, you have a chance of contracting the virus. And even then, you may still test positive.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/on-parenting/a-hypervigilant-mom-followed-every-health-guideline-she-still-caught-the-coronavirus/2020/06/27/fa119ce2-b654-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html

What i am certain of testing positive does not mean Northam did anything wrong, or immoral, or selfish( one of first states to mandate masks BTW) , and same goes for Trump. 

Neither of these men should be castigated for a positive test for a HIGHLY INFECTIOUS virus. I will castigate Trump for a myriad of reasons, but not this.

As an side, this is most likely my last post at TBD. A certain mod has decided that any and all of my posts deserve warning points, and as it seems her power is all encompassing, i have decided best for me to not support this site any more. I know, crushing right?

I have been friends with E on this board since 2004, so much so even texted him the other day laughing about our early discussions on HD and the type of DVTs etc Directv had way back when. Yes, HD was a topic , one might say "novel" , when i joined this board. 

But my libertarian bent  and love of this country is just to deep  to put up with strong armed censorship of ideas and views, particularly when it is censorship based strictly  a mods point of view. Dictatorship is good when you the dictator. 

Thank you @SDS for the providing the forum, it was a fun 17 years. Wish you all the best!

Enjoyed it yall, 

And for all those that make  the tailgates great, and no longer post here...you bastages are not done with me, i have all you numbers! 

Sorry to hear that man.  Enjoyed your posts.

Best of luck to ya

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Enjoyed it yall, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Always enjoyed your point of view even if it was different from mine. I understand why you feel the need to leave as I've seen first hand how bad that has gotten.

Best of luck!

• Like (+1) 5

This is obviously news, but it occurred to me that outside of this, it’s like the “news” media reports on when everyone test positive, but not when the at least 99.74% of those people recover and move on with their lives. Weird huh?

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 3

Trump caught something that was a "democratic hoax" not even a year ago....

2 hours ago, Hedge said:

This seems like quite a stretch at the moment, but Leftists *are* best at being Leftists.

One random twitter guy is the spokes person for them? That is how repubtards think?

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Azalin said:

I can't think of anyone here who thinks the virus is fake. 

it was a rhetorical question not directed at anyone here in particular. I’ve seen the videos from rallies where people express that sentiment. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Enjoyed it yall, 

This is a very well written post, and personally I am sorry to see you go.  Quite some time ago I got a warning point for an admittedly dopey post to another poster.  It wasn’t mean-spirited from my perspective and when I inquired as to why I received it, the mod answered me quickly, I reached out to the poster I referred to and apologized.  He indicated he wasn’t offended and didn’t even notice the post.  No big deal from point given, mod or other poster—but it’s always fascinated me when I read posts on the main board and wonder if points are given out like candy at Halloween. 

I think you contribute a lot to the board and am sorry to see you go.  Having read many of your posts, I’m not sure what lands you in the sin bin, you’ve always been respectful and seem like a very decent guy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

I wonder if Trump even has Corona... Sucks when you cannot tell if your president is telling the truth or not. 

Can’t believe anything they say. Could just be all bs, or maybe all of them get sick. Biden might have it too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Enjoyed it yall, 

Sorry to lose you.  Best of luck and hope to "see" you soon. 

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So if Trump doesn’t get better, does Pence become the nominee automatically? 

Substitute "dies" for "doesn't get better" and the answer (to the best of my knowledge) is yes.  Replacing Trump on the ballots is the tricky part.  That's a state by state issue.  I'm sure we'll see a story about it in the next day or two.  But we're close to the point where it's too late to replace him.  Early voting, absentee voting, and printing logistics make the deadline to replace earlier than one might think. 

• Haha (+1) 1