Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

3 minutes ago, Paulus said:

With how Biden and he were yelling at each other, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Biden has it too.

That is more than a theoretical possibility.

IF Trump is symptomatic (and the press release language suggests he may be), he probably contracted COVID 5-8 days ago -- BEFORE the debate, BEFORE the rallies. 

Again, grossly irresponsible behavior as he trotted around the country without a mask, bragging that the White House staff is tested daily and that HE is socially distant from others at rallies.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

IF Trump is symptomatic (and the press release language suggests he may be), he probably contracted COVID 5-8 days ago -- BEFORE the debate, BEFORE the rallies. 

Again, grossly irresponsible behavior as he trotted around the country without a mask, bragging that the White House staff is tested daily and that HE is socially distant from others at rallies.

Well he is tested daily which would give anyone a level of confidence.  Just goes to show this virus is able to beat everything thrown at it.

Just now, meazza said:

Ridiculous.  And I thought you were one of the smart ones.  He has it just as bolsenaro and trudeaus wife and Johnson, etc.  It’s highly contagious and he isn’t exactly very careful.

Oh, i know he has been careless. But the fact that he broke the story, with a mostly coherent tweet, just doesn't seem to add up.  But, like I said... his biggest contribution to the world is that any conspiracy theory is plausible. His poll numbers are tanking, and the first debate did not help him...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Buftex said:

Oh, i know he has been careless. But the fact that he broke the story, with a mostly coherent tweet, just doesn't seem to add up.  But, like I said... his biggest contribution to the world is that any conspiracy theory is plausible. His poll numbers are tanking, and the first debate did not help him...

The first debate did not help Obama in 2012 and I’m pretty sure that Hillary won all the debates with trump in the eyes of the world and how did that turn out ?

No, he has the virus or maybe just a false positive (it happens often ).  He also will be at the second debate because it will be after the quarantine..

4 minutes ago, meazza said:

Well he is tested daily which would give anyone a level of confidence.  Just goes to show this virus is able to beat everything thrown at it.

He has been getting tested daily with an instant test that he has been touting...but many doctors have doubted its accuracy.  Apparenty Hicks was symptomatic, and tested negatve the day before, with symptoms.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

He has been getting tested daily with an instant test that he has been touting...but many doctors have doubted its accuracy.  Apparenty Hicks was symptomatic, and tested negatve the day before, with symptoms.

And Canada just purchased millions of those tests.  We’re all *****. 

3 minutes ago, meazza said:

The first debate did not help Obama in 2012 and I’m pretty sure that Hillary won all the debates with trump in the eyes of the world and how did that turn out ?

No, he has the virus or maybe just a false positive (it happens often ).  He also will be at the second debate because it will be after the quarantine..

I re-read the tweet. Two key words -- our "recovery" and "convalescence."

These are words you don't use if you have tested positive and are asymptomatic. If that's the case, you just say "the President and the First Lady have no symptoms, but will continue to quarantine for the protection of others."

More to come tomorrow I'm sure.

If he is symptomatic, even mildly, no way there's a debate in 2 weeks unless it's by Zoom

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree. I have been strongly against how he has handled the pandemic from the beginning, causing me to be accused of being a crazy liberal on this message board. (I was accused of being a Nazi earlier, today, so it balances out)

Seriously, 6 feet distance for a normal conversation may make things safer. But, when you yell at some guy for 90 minutes, the droplets tend to fly. Hell, Chris Wallace probably has it, too.

• Like (+1) 1

I know all that...but Trump is obsessed with polls. His have been mostly bad for four years...he has been trying every trick in the book with no results. His supporters love him more, but the number who don't support him is greater...

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buftex said:

I know all that...but Trump is obsessed with polls. His have been nostly bad for four years...he has been trying every trick in the book with no results. His supporters love him more, but the number who don't support him is greater...

My question for those people 

Is it largely his policies or his personality?

12 minutes ago, meazza said:

The world is bigger than just a few countries in Europe. Most of Asia would not even consider Hilary to wash their shoes, the Middle East would believe much of the same. In fact, I really don't think that assertion is even remotely accurate. I would suggest you reassess that particular assertion. Even claiming "most of the US" would be a far stretch, in my humble opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My question for those people 

Is it largely his policies or his personality?

He is a massively dysfunctional creature who is only concerned for his own survival and ego.  These are not the traits of a President of the United States.  

Business.  Family.  Country

Business.  Family.  Country

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I know all that...but Trump is obsessed with polls. His have been nostly bad for four years...he has been trying every trick in the book with no results. His supporters love him more, but the number who don't support him is greater...

Trump loves rallies and this will stop him for a while.  I think you need to go come back to the real world.

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is nothing new.  Most people don’t read twitter 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I thought he was tested daily.  It's incredibly stupid on his part given his age and being obese.  However, it was his decision as it was everybody that attended those rallies.  I'm just curious if the Bills/Chiefs game will now not compete with the second debate.

13 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

Just think of the irony:

If Trump dies from this the left will celebrate

But they really care about the deaths from the Covid 19

God.  Give me Trump over Pence any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I thought he was tested daily.  It's incredibly stupid on his part given his age and being obese.  However, it was his decision as it was everybody that attended those rallies.  I'm just curious if the Bills/Chiefs game will now not compete with the second debate.

God.  Give me Trump over Pence any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He is tested daily but those rapid tests aren’t always accurate.

Even if he is sick, the recovery period will be two weeks, just in time for the great recovery.  

• Like (+1) 1

He is tested daily but those rapid tests aren’t always accurate.

Even if he is sick, the recovery period will be two weeks, just in time for the great recovery.  

I'm sure he'll be fine but I've noticed that people are getting much more lax when it comes to social distancing/wearing masks (including me).  Hopefully, this is a wake up call.