Idk if it’s been announced but the jets will not fire Adam Gase 🤣🤣

I am happy to hear he is staying on for now, and will be sad when Gase is inevitably fired at the end of the season.  He is the gift that keeps on giving.  No doubt they will screw up the next hire as well.  

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

People won't be laughing next season when they have Lawrence and a high profile, good HC.

What on earth gives you the notion that front office would make the correct high profile good hire? 
And when are we going to learn to stop hyping rookies who have never played yet? I don’t believe the Lawrence hype. Not everyone can step onto an NFL field and lead any franchise that drafts them. Jets and Browns are prime examples of hyped quarterbacks and back coaching hires and rinse, repeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

If I was the Jets owner and I saw the money Joe Douglas paid for free agents this year, and what he brought in with that money I'd fire him as well.  

From top to bottom they are the most poorly run organization in the NFL.    If they keep Douglas, I suppose Roman makes the most sense as he and Douglas were in Baltimore together, but I think that will be a poor hire for them as well.

Agreed.  Even a Frank Gore hire was so uninspiring...It is not like the Jets have a young/rookie backfield...They could have had Freeman,  Fournette....so many other good RBs. 

53 minutes ago, Beast said:

People won't be laughing next season when they have Lawrence and a high profile, good HC.

My thoughts too.

I am suspicious of this dedication to losing that the Jets' ownership seems committed to embracing this season.

This smells like a tank process decision. Let's just let this train wreck play out. We can then jettison Gase and Williams, trade Darnold to a .500 team that is missing a QB piece of the puzzle for picks, bring in our preferred coach and either pick Lawrence because we will be at the top of the draft, or have the picks needed to trade up to number 1 to take him.... let the rebuild begin.

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Agreed.  Even a Frank Gore hire was so uninspiring...It is not like the Jets have a young/rookie backfield...They could have had Freeman,  Fournette....so many other good RBs. 

I just look at Pierre Desir, Alex Lewis, Connor McGovern, Frank Gore, George Fant, and Breshad Perriman and think if I was the owner and realized I was paying out close to $70 million dollars or those players I'd fire Joe Douglas immediately.  He has done an awful job.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

What on earth gives you the notion that front office would make the correct high profile good hire? 
And when are we going to learn to stop hyping rookies who have never played yet? I don’t believe the Lawrence hype. Not everyone can step onto an NFL field and lead any franchise that drafts them. Jets and Browns are prime examples of hyped quarterbacks and back coaching hires and rinse, repeat. 

Trevor Lawrence is the best prospect in a long long time 

He could have been drafted in the NFL out of high school

Mayfield and darnold couldn't hold Lawrence's Jock strap

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

They have a prospect in Sam Darnold.  They have done next to nothing for him.  What makes you think they will do anything for Lawrence.

Common sense in that the best will want to jump on the Jets bandwagon and ride the Lawrence train.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I don't think a high quality coach would choose to go to the Jets. The Jets, much like the Bills for many years, only have access to the castoffs and undesirables.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Good for you that you don't believe the Lawrence hype. I've been watching football for 45 years and he is the best QB prosepect I've witnessed.

I just hope the Jets win a few and miss out on him.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think a high quality coach would choose to go to the Jets. The Jets, much like the Bills for many years, only have access to the castoffs and undesirables.

I'll bet you any amount of money the Jets will land a top-flight coach if they end up with the #1 overall.

Edited by Beast

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Trevor Lawrence is the best prospect in a long long time 

He could have been drafted in the NFL out of high school

Mayfield and darnold couldn't hold Lawrence's Jock strap

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

Good for you that you don't believe the Lawrence hype. I've been watching football for 45 years and he is the best QB prosepect I've witnessed.

I just hope the Jets win a few and miss out on him.

Prospect being the key word. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve watched football lol we’re not gm’s that’s not a qualification 😂😂  It’s not like I’m calling the guy a bust or something before he steps on a field. Drop him on the Jags, Jets, Washington right now and they are what?? +2 win total more this year with him? Hardly something to fear. Can anyone with a straight face say they believe they next regime will be a hit to build a team around Lawrence? How many years did us as bills fans see terrible hire after terrible hire? How many draft picks have we seen some of these teams squander away? Either by not developing, not paying or simply just destroying them because they can’t put a decent roster together. The way some of these teams are ran his talent won’t matter at least the first couple years if he survives that long. 

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Prospect being the key word. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve watched football lol we’re not gm’s that’s not a qualification 😂😂  It’s not like I’m calling the guy a bust or something before he steps on a field. Drop him on the Jags, Jets, Washington right now and they are what?? +2 win total more this year with him? Hardly something to fear. Can anyone with a straight face say they believe they next regime will be a hit to build a team around Lawrence? How many years did us as bills fans see terrible hire after terrible hire? How many draft picks have we seen some of these teams squander away? Either by not developing, not paying or simply just destroying them because they can’t put a decent roster together. The way some of these teams are ran his talent won’t matter at least the first couple years if he survives that long. 

Sure getting a great quarterback doesn't guarantee turning a franchise around

But he's 10 times the quarterback Darnold and Baker Mayfield is

I saw him as a senior in high school, and he was by far the best 18-year-old quarterback I've ever seen after scouting for 30 years. 

If he would have been draft eligible somebody would have taken him

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1