Idk if it’s been announced but the jets will not fire Adam Gase 🤣🤣

This sucks. But makes sense, a new coach can’t fix this. they say players don’t tank because they have careers. this is how you tank for picks.

It sucks because i don’t want Trevor Lawrence in our division. 

NFL needs to move to draft lotto for the top spots to avoid tanking for #1

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I really don’t think Daboll would want to work for that owner without a huge amount and I mean F ing HUGE amount of guaranteed cash up front, and even then who T F would want to tarnish their career by doing so, it’s like taking a job working for Snyder in DC... nothing good can come from such a move. 

If you get the right QB and the right HC anything is possible.  I don’t think he’d pass on coaching Lawrence but you never know 

Just now, NewEra said:

If you get the right QB and the right HC anything is possible.  I don’t think he’d pass on coaching Lawrence but you never know 

I hear you, but it requires more than a QB and a HC, you need a Beane style FO to make it work, and those are not easy to come by,  jmo. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Daboll would never go there unless they hired a capable GM...   you can't build a winner until you have a GM that knows how to draft and sign the right free agents...  everyone the jets have had in the past and present have no clue. 

• Like (+1) 1

the jets should trade darnold to the bears right now for 2 firsts and a 2nd.  complete the tank job. they have an extra first from the adams trade.  they could absolute load the team top heavy with first rounders. but this isnt madden

Just talked to a friend of mine that has been a life long JESTS fan.  He works in sports media.  He lives about half way between New York and Philly.  He declared that he lives in the septic tank of professional football (LOL).  As some have pointed out, the fans are apoplectic over the front office and coaching staff but have now focused on the poor ownership.  They also believe that there will be a fire sale, much like Miami did and will be aiming to draft a new QB (Lawrence).  He also believes that both Gase and Douglas are goners at the end of the season.  

33 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I hear you, but it requires more than a QB and a HC, you need a Beane style FO to make it work, and those are not easy to come by,  jmo. 

I agree. It’ll take more than a QB/HC combo, I just don’t see how Daboll could decline that position if Trevor Lawrence is there.  It might not work out for the Jets, but it would surely hurt us. 

1 minute ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Just talked to a friend of mine that has been a life long JESTS fan.  He works in sports media.  He lives about half way between New York and Philly.  He declared that he lives in the septic tank of professional football (LOL).  As some have pointed out, the fans are apoplectic over the front office and coaching staff but have now focused on the poor ownership.  They also believe that there will be a fire sale, much like Miami did and will be aiming to draft a new QB (Lawrence).  He also believes that both Gase and Douglas are goners at the end of the season.  

If they are not gone at the end of the year it's gone from a tire fire to Cluster F...

I agree. It’ll take more than a QB/HC combo, I just don’t see how Daboll could decline that position if Trevor Lawrence is there.  It might not work out for the Jets, but it would surely hurt us. 

He will have better options...  sucks for us but we will be fine. 

35 minutes ago, gordong said:

Daboll would never go there unless they hired a capable GM...   you can't build a winner until you have a GM that knows how to draft and sign the right free agents...  everyone the jets have had in the past and present have no clue. 

I love how you just know he wouldn’t go there.  I promise you, the Jets will hire a HC.  Why would that particular coach go there and how do you know Daboll wouldnt?  I would bet that it’s his dream to become a HC in the NFL.  Most new hire coaches don’t have the luxury of coaching a QB like Lawrence.  

Why would McDermott sign in buffalo?  Everyone the Bills had in the past and present had no clue....

The current jets job may be the worst HC job in league history, but it’ll be one of a handful of opportunities.  

7 minutes ago, gordong said:

If they are not gone at the end of the year it's gone from a tire fire to Cluster F...

He will have better options...  sucks for us but we will be fine. 

So you’re saying that no one will become the Jets Coach?  Every coach will have better options......

yet someone will accept the offer.  Not sure why Daboll is immune to it  

I love how you just know he wouldn’t go there.  I promise you, the Jets will hire a HC.  Why would that particular coach go there and how do you know Daboll wouldnt?  I would bet that it’s his dream to become a HC in the NFL.  Most new hire coaches don’t have the luxury of coaching a QB like Lawrence.  

Why would McDermott sign in buffalo?  Everyone the Bills had in the past and present had no clue....

The current jets job may be the worst HC job in league history, but it’ll be one of a handful of opportunities.  

Feel better now... I'm happy for you. 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

If the jets fans are lucky, they’ll keep gase, go 0-16 and draft Lawrence....then fire the entire FO and coaching staff and hire Daboll.  

Lawrence and Fields might stay in school if the Jets get in the top 2 picks.  

Bieneimy will get that gig before Daboll.  But Bieneimy might have better options than working for the Johnson’s.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

If he was even minimally coachable, Darnold should improve somewhat, and he hasn't. 

The odd thing for me last night was how he could toss some tight passes, hitting Crowder in stride for a decent gain, and then turn around two plays later and completely FUBAR a very simple 5-yard out. At one point they were in the red zone and everything he threw looked like Happy Gilmore trying to get out of a sand trap...like he was just winging it for the sake of winging it since nothing else was working.

I'm not savvy enough to know if this is because Darnold is simply not good enough or if his coaching is screwing him up. I suspect it's somewhere in the middle, in which case it feels like the idea of keeping BAD coaches for the sake of consistency has all the logic of staying with an abusive husband because yes, you're wearing a sling and are afraid to speak, but at least the bills are paid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Nester said:

This sucks. But makes sense, a new coach can’t fix this. they say players don’t tank because they have careers. this is how you tank for picks.

It sucks because i don’t want Trevor Lawrence in our division. 

NFL needs to move to draft lotto for the top spots to avoid tanking for #1

Except that there's absolutely no proof that NFL teams tank despite all the claims spouted by some fans.  How many fans were convinced that the Carp intended to "tank for Tua".  As it turned out, they won 5 games and were competitive in a bunch of other games --- and they still got Tua because he fell in the draft because of injury.   Moreover, many teams that get high draft picks continue to fail on the field unless they make major organizational changes.   How many #1 overalls have the Lions and Browns had in the last 20 years without many winning seasons to show for them?

31 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

A team can't get "a Beane style FO" (ie, a competent FO) without support from ownership.  Do you really think that Beane would have the success he's had in the last couple of years if Ralph Wilson was still the owner or if Russ Brandon was still enforcing his maximizing profits at the cost of wins philosophy on the Bills organization?  After Brandon was fired in the spring of 2018, Pegula gave Beane real GM power to go along with his other duties.  I think that has been the key to the Bills resurrection.   Winning football games is no longer running a distant second to maximizing profits.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Lawrence and Fields might stay in school if the Jets get in the top 2 picks.  

Bieneimy will get that gig before Daboll.  But Bieneimy might have better options than working for the Johnson’s.

He might.  

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Except that there's absolutely no proof that NFL teams tank despite all the claims spouted by some fans.  How many fans were convinced that the Carp intended to "tank for Tua".  As it turned out, they won 5 games and were competitive in a bunch of other games --- and they still got Tua because he fell in the draft because of injury.   Moreover, many teams that get high draft picks continue to fail on the field unless they make major organizational changes.   How many #1 overalls have the Lions and Browns had in the last 20 years without many winning seasons to show for them?

A team can't get "a Beane style FO" (ie, a competent FO) without support from ownership.  Do you really think that Beane would have the success he's had in the last couple of years if Ralph Wilson was still the owner or if Russ Brandon was still enforcing his maximizing profits at the cost of wins philosophy on the Bills organization?  After Brandon was fired in the spring of 2018, Pegula gave Beane real GM power to go along with his other duties.  I think that has been the key to the Bills resurrection.   Winning football games is no longer running a distant second to maximizing profits.

I agree with the proper ownership being necessary, that’s why Daboll would end up failing in the jets organization even with Lawrence, it’s the same reason ya don’t sign on with Snyder... Jmo. 

• Like (+1) 1