HUGE GAME TONIGHT-Denver Broncos @ New York Jets

HOUSE

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is there anything that says you cant sling the QB down? Serious question... I expected a flag but afterwards realized I didn't know why that would be a flag.

Worst non-call of the year—and I hate the Jets. That BS needs to be effing legislated out of the league via suspensions. Just terrible. No effing excuses.

The last thing this league needs is more injuries caused by players who feel they have free range to whatever the hell they want because there are no consequences.

Edited by dave mcbride

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Fine Greggo.

SUSPEND Greggo. Blatant violation a fine won't fix. Convicted cheater/rule breaker. Give him another unpaid time out.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Worst non-call of the year—and I hate the Jets. That BS needs to be effing legislated out of the league via suspensions. Just terrible. No effing excuses.

But why? what part of it is a rule violation? Or are you saying it should be going forward? 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is there anything that says you cant sling the QB down? Serious question... I expected a flag but afterwards realized I didn't know why that would be a flag.

I don't think there's a zero tolerance penalty like hitting a QB in the head.  If the ref threw a flag there it would have had to be along the lines of generic roughing.  Which I think it was.

1 hour ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

How much money would you pay for the game to come out after halftime and the announcers to say, "In a SURPRISE move, New York Jets Coach Adam Gase has been FIRED..."

How about Adam Gase quits at halftime?  My apologies.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't think there's a zero tolerance penalty like hitting a QB in the head.  If the ref threw a flag there it would have had to be along the lines of generic roughing.  Which I think it was.

Can roughing be subjective though? I thought it was pretty defined: Hits to the head, low hits, late hits. 

I'm not defending the hit mind you, just thinking it through. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

But why? what part of it is a rule violation? Or are you saying it should be going forward? 

weren't they not supposed to nail a QB and slam them to the ground with their full weight? Body slamming them into the ground seems like it would fall within that.

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

How about Adam Gase quits at halftime?  My apologies.

Not sure why ANY Bills fan would root for Gase getting fired, or quitting. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

the last thing this league needs is more injuries caused by players who feel they have range to whatever the hell they want because there are no consequences.

That's how bad the Jets are, they're so bad I actually *feel bad* for Darnold.

I mean, that management and coaching staff is just god-awful.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Yikes on bikes. Poor dude surely didn't think his NFL career would begin like this. First, he's sentenced to the Jets. Rookie year wasn't awful. Jets can't build or operate a team tho, so they hire Adam Gase. He gets mono. Then plays with a JV o-line and virtually zero offensive weapons, still puts together a few decent games at the end of the season. Jets do poop-all to get him some playmakers but improve the OL somewhat then their rookie left tackle gets hurt and now he gets suplexed into the turf and jacks up the shoulder on his throwing arm. Sucks. Couldn't happen to a better franchise, tho. But still, poor dude.

If Sam Darnold ever reaches his potential, I don't think it'll be with the New York Jets. They need a complete overhaul, ownership included. 

Your so right on ownership