Ed Oliver knee injury

YoloinOhio

at the very least i hope Oliver learned a lesson to not try to trip someone like that again. I can't condone that behavior period but if you're gonna do something like that, dont be so blatant about it. I appreciate the thought process behind it... stop the opposing player any way u can. But it was a pretty dumb error that besides from being a penalty in a game (had it been called) but it couldve injured him for the whole year.

Regardless I hope he's back to 100% soon & can play this week in Vegas

Josh Jacobs is no joke & we'll need Oliver in there

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Crazy how lucky we were last year with no real injuries. 2020 sucks in case everyone hadn’t noticed. 

Prefer to think that it wasn't all luck, that state of the art rehab facility and the current staff training regiment has at least something to do with it. Similarly, prior to the McBeane era, all the bad injury luck wasn't all due to bad luck.

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Ah yes, forgot about that. 

Man that was blatant and not very smart. 

I thought at a minimum he would have a deep bruise and hyper extended knee... lucky it does not appear to be anything worse.

And yeah, not the smartest play, but I think a lot of our guys around the d-line are playing a bit desperate, sometimes out of position, and too often over their heads trying to beat blocking schemes.

We either need some infusion of talent so folks can go back to playing positionally-sound football in our existing scheme, or scheme up a new way to ensure the guys we have are in positions where they can be effective with their assignments.

I feel like they are pressing, and when players are pressing and trying to do too much, that is when the injuries start to pile up.

Edited by WideNine

Just now, WideNine said:

I thought at a minimum he would a deep bruise and hyper extended knee... lucky it does not appear to be anything worse.

And yeah, not the smartest play, but I think a lot of our guys around the d-line are playing a bit desperate, sometimes out of position, and too often over their heads trying to beat blocking schemes.

We either need some infusion of talent so folks can go back to playing positionally-sound football in our existing scheme, or scheme up a new way to ensure the guys we have are in positions where they can be effective with their assignments.

I feel like they are pressing, and when players are pressing and trying to do too much, that is when the injuries start to pile up.

I agree with all of that! Still wasn’t smart, though. 😃 

I know many have been down on Harrison this year but he was REALLY good last year. ACL’s take time to recover from and he’s intensely driven. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

Prefer to think that it wasn't all luck, that state of the art rehab facility and the current staff training regiment has at least something to do with it. Similarly, prior to the McBeane era, all the bad injury luck wasn't all due to bad luck.

It was not bad luck, it was cronyism. "Promoting" Rusty Jones to front office to bring in friend of new head coach which resulted in him leaving Bills and going to Chicago Bears on advice of Ruben Brown.  The Bears, who has a lot of injuries prior, started remaining healthy with their all Pro LB saying he saved his career. 

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If its a bone bruise, those are extremely painful.

I had one on my shin and I could barely walk.

Bone bruises in general are more painful than muscle type bruises.

I had one from a item falling on leg and disability company said there was nothing broken so time off recommended by doctor was denied and i burned sick time.

My leg looked like bruise JJ Watt had put on him by Fred Jackson.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Bone bruises in general are more painful than muscle type bruises.

I had one from a item falling on leg and disability company said there was nothing broken so time off recommended by doctor was denied and i burned sick time.

My leg looked like bruise JJ Watt had put on him by Fred Jackson.

Sissy

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Present. Certainly not on the level of a top 10 pick. Unfortunate.

Kinda hard to quantify that.  To date he has been arguably the best DT picked in his class.  While he isnt lighting up the stat-tracker, he has been the Bills best defensive tackle by far this year.   Could use some help from the guy next to him. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

For some crazy reason........I read “injury” and my brain said “surgery”. My heart stopped briefly! 

I’m MUCH better now, thank you very much. 

That's ironic, I also saw surgery when I first read it - slight panic until I reread it.

15 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Blast from the past! I looked him up and he’s in bad shape: nine knee replacements, needs another and is hard pressed for cash. Completely disabled now. 

And people wonder why these guys demand so much $$$$$?

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If its a bone bruise, those are extremely painful.

I had one on my shin and I could barely walk.

You my friend would have BENEFITTED from the Bills training staff - state of the art and mucho good "cocktails" hint hint....if you get my drift.....